DB
March 3, 2021, 10:15am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from GollyGTFC
All I’ll say is it’s strange how every released/sent back to parent club player’s squad number has been reused apart from number 5.

It’s almost like we can’t use number 5 because the player is technically still registered with GTFC.

Can you find out, I'd just like to know.  And I'm not trying to take the P. Genuine enquiry

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 51
TownSNAFU5
March 3, 2021, 11:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,876
Gold Stars: 42
Waterfall pinging long passes is NOT a sight to behold.  Immediately gave possession away.  Well beyond his ability level.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 51
fishcake63
March 3, 2021, 1:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,224
Gold Stars: 62
we are bottom of the league & if ohman was still here we would be bottom of lge in other words he was average
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 51
GG
March 3, 2021, 1:18pm
Folkestone Mariner
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +5 / -3
Approval: +103
Gold Stars: 5
Apparently he and Mohsni were released at the same time, it turned out Mohsni wasn't released at all so maybe Ohman wasn't either. Mohsni is no longer on the OS squad page but Ohman is and it's been updated with the new arrivals. Make of that what you will.

Exiled Mariner in Folkestone.
[url=http://twitter.com/GaryJJSpate]Twitter?[/url]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 23 - 51
GollyGTFC
March 3, 2021, 1:25pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,979
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from DB

Can you find out, I'd just like to know.  And I'm not trying to take the P. Genuine enquiry

I have been told by 2 separate people that he is on furlough because that is cheaper for the club than paying him off.

The reason... he was surplus to requirements in October. The Swedish season runs from April to early November.
As he is heading home there was absolutely no prospect of him finding a club until April.

He was going to be without a for 6 months anyway so he was happy to be furloughed with the club making up the difference to him.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 51
DB
March 3, 2021, 1:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I have been told by 2 separate people that he is on furlough because that is cheaper for the club than paying him off.

The reason... he was surplus to requirements in October. The Swedish season runs from April to early November.
As he is heading home there was absolutely no prospect of him finding a club until April.

He was going to be without a for 6 months anyway so he was happy to be furloughed with the club making up the difference to him.

Thank you so you will be right about No.5 shirt.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 51
Lincoln Mariner 56
March 3, 2021, 2:23pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
He would have been ideal for the Harrogate match given PH’s tactical plan. Not a world beater but certainly capable of doing his bit and guaranteed 100% commitment from him, and releasing him when we did makes no sense given we had no replacement in place at the time. But in a season of poor decisions it’s hardly surprising but thought PH might have brought him back into the fold.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 51
LH
March 3, 2021, 2:33pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from psgmariner

He lived next door to you?

No wonder he wanted to go home.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 51
GollyGTFC
March 3, 2021, 5:07pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,979
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from DB

Thank you so you will be right about No.5 shirt.

I don’t know. The plural of anecdote isn’t data.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 51
RichMariner
March 3, 2021, 5:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
How many times did he bust his nose playing for us? Took a few whacks for the cause, never doubted his commitment. Fairly decent in the air, as you'd expect, but chronically slow and just about every one of the yellow cards he received was due to his lack of pace.

He may have been able to offer us something but in that respect he's not much different from what we have in Waterfall and Pollock.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 29 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ludwig Ohman

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.