Grimal
March 4, 2021, 12:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
My only hope is Montel can bag a few goals and build his confidence back up, did well for Halesowen.
Do think there's a player in there but I do think It's Jackson is a better prospect.
If we go down you have to expect Gibson, Jackson and LJL becoming our main strike force, anybody know how bad NLN is!??..

I've streamed all Boston United games,home and away this season and I will say it was far more enjoyable than watching this Town squad. I would go as far as to say that I'm sure all the teams I saw in those matches would beat us right now.I didn't see any player that gave less than 100%..

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 39
GG
March 4, 2021, 12:19pm
Folkestone Mariner
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +5 / -3
Approval: +103
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Grimal
I would go as far as to say that I'm sure all the teams I saw in those matches would beat us right now.I didn't see any player that gave less than 100%..

I concur. I watched the National League Notts County v King's Lynn game on Tuesday night after switching the Town game off at half time. King's Lynn are in their own relegation battle and have furloughed half of their squad but still played out of their skin and earned a well deserved 2-2 draw. I have no doubt King's Lynn would beat Grimsby if they played each other tomorrow. Passion, determination, no less than 100% effort for the full 90 minutes.

Exiled Mariner in Folkestone.
[url=http://twitter.com/GaryJJSpate]Twitter?[/url]
Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 31 - 39
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 4, 2021, 1:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,271
Gold Stars: 304
Quoted from GG

I concur. I watched the National League Notts County v King's Lynn game on Tuesday night after switching the Town game off at half time. King's Lynn are in their own relegation battle and have furloughed half of their squad but still played out of their skin and earned a well deserved 2-2 draw. I have no doubt King's Lynn would beat Grimsby if they played each other tomorrow. Passion, determination, no less than 100% effort for the full 90 minutes.

I read some depressing stuff on this message board but the idea that Kings Lynn would give Town a good beating at the moment is the most depressing thing I have ever read here. I am plenty old enough to remember the days when Kings Lynn would have been pre season whipping boys or unlikely FA Cup 3rd round opponents to be disposed of before playing a 'proper' team.

How far we have fallen.....

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 39
grimsby pete
March 4, 2021, 1:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
I try not commenting on Towns game now as they need support and encouragement not that they are useless and not fit to wear the shirt.

Part of the problem is we do not have a natural goal scorer and because of that the manager sets the team up not to concede .

Nothing will change this season we just have to hope our luck changes and we get a couple of wins on the bounce which will give the lads their confidence back because it must be confidence draining losing a string of games and the supporters saying things in the heat of the moment.

Let's hope Paul puts two up front with at least one winger and we stuff FGR  and go on to secure our safety from there

All is not lost yet keep the faith.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 39
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 4, 2021, 2:37pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,271
Gold Stars: 304
Quoted from grimsby pete
I try not commenting on Towns game now as they need support and encouragement not that they are useless and not fit to wear the shirt.

Part of the problem is we do not have a natural goal scorer and because of that the manager sets the team up not to concede .

Nothing will change this season we just have to hope our luck changes and we get a couple of wins on the bounce which will give the lads their confidence back because it must be confidence draining losing a string of games and the supporters saying things in the heat of the moment.

Let's hope Paul puts two up front with at least one winger and we stuff FGR  and go on to secure our safety from there

All is not lost yet keep the faith.

You make a good point (and it's been made elsewhere). I didn't watch on Saturday but the general consensus is that one up front didn't work and that we are trying to avoid defeat rather than win.

I would rather see us set up to attack and going for it - if you go out to win you might draw, if you go out to draw you might lose. We now have a number of 'strikers' on the books; I'd rather see PH experiment with partnerships and see if a couple of them click. Plus, 2 strikers gives the opponent's defence much more to think about (I used to be a centre half, if we played against a team with one striker up we virtually went to 3 at the back and sometimes 2 if the lone striker was crap and we piled pressure on the opposition).

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 39
Nutsy
March 4, 2021, 3:17pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +139
Gold Stars: 5
Eastwood
Hendrie-Pollock-Menayese-Bunney
Morais-Matete-El Mizuoni-Lamy
LJL Payne

That for me is what I would start this Saturday - yes Bunney hasn't been the best but I feel he should start, but really flip a coin between him and Habergham

Pollock in for Waterfall as he is slightly better and has been rested.

Lamy seems to be an interesting one, and Adams didn't do much for me last game

LJL has looked decent, and Payne has played with LJL many times so would be my starting pair.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 39
forza ivano
March 11, 2021, 3:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,173
Gold Stars: 265
came off injured last night after only 20 minutes in just his 2nd or 3rd game for Altrincham. Their fans remain unconvinced by him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 39
Abdul19
March 11, 2021, 3:45pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
Surprised he's not won them over in his 88 minutes.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 39
kafunanapar140909
March 11, 2021, 3:47pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +575
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from forza ivano
came off injured last night after only 20 minutes in just his 2nd or 3rd game for Altrincham. Their fans remain unconvinced by him

To be fair to the kid, even if he joined a National League side last summer, a jump from Halesowen (tier to the National League (tier 5) is still a pretty huge ask. It has been said before - raises questions about IH's signings.

I'm generally a fan of signing non-league players and giving them a shot in the FL, but there's signing players from non-league (NL, NLN/NLS - tier 5 and 6) and then there's signing players from NON-league (tier 7 down...).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 39
kafunanapar140909
March 11, 2021, 3:48pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +575
Gold Stars: 50
Quoted from kafunanapar140909
(tier to the National League (tier 5) .

Not sure why that didn't say "tier eight"  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 39
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Montel Gibson

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.