4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner93er
March 1, 2021, 4:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
Orient have only scored 2 goals in I think 7 games - tomorrow really is must win. I think we also need to see a performance too. Winning’s good, but for the sake of confidence I think we need a deserved victory, not a smash and grab or ground out victory.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 31
kafunanapar140909
March 1, 2021, 4:19pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +575
Gold Stars: 50
Jobi McAnuff has been appointed as Leyton Orient's interim manager. Looks like he might be a player/manager as he's been in their team pretty much all season (39 years old).

Be interesting to see if they get any kind of "bounce" given they've gone for an internal appointment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 31
RichMariner
March 1, 2021, 4:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
We've only won 6 games all season, and we probably need to double that tally to give ourselves a chance of staying up.

The thing is, we've only looked convincing in one of those wins — away at Cheltenham.

The win over Orient was with a last-minute penalty; the win over Crawley last Tuesday was fortuitous; the 1-0 wins over Barrow and Scunny before Christmas were pretty dire affairs and the other win (at Crawley) came after we went behind.

I know it's all about points, and to hell with style. But teams can't sustain a winning run by playing poorly. We need a win tomorrow, but a good performance will give the players a bit more of a boost.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 22 - 31
Grimal
March 1, 2021, 4:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from cmackenzie4
For a start tomorrow (Orient) is a must win game, I can’t see us getting points against FGR, Tranmere or Carlisle, maybe we can get points against Colchester and Barrow and the other games mentioned, it will be a defining month that’s for sure, after seeing us Saturday I fear the worst, i do hope I am wrong though.

I have no fear of us playing against FGR, I streamed their game against Southend and they were out played all over the park, to be honest they looked as bad as we did against Harrogate. I live in hope they have another bad day next Saturday.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 31
RonMariner
March 1, 2021, 4:36pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,669
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
I still think we can come good, my optimism is still that we are practically playing a team that haven't played together, we are still in a non-existant pre-season for these new players.

Bradford signed 9 new players in January.

They have won 9 and drawn 3 of their last 13 games.

I just don't buy the argument that our problems are due to having a bunch of new players.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 31
DB
March 1, 2021, 4:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from arryarryarry

Please will you do what nurse says, take your tablets and have a lie down.

I do, and an extra blood pressure when we lose. Then I rest with a glass of red wine and read the negatives on The Fishy and off we go again. Positives arry, positives we're stay up.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 31
ginnywings
March 1, 2021, 5:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Pity Orient have a new manager, as they will probably try harder now, but for me, it's as much what other teams do as it is what we do. The other struggling sides have just as much of a task as we do picking up points, so as long as we don't get cut adrift, we always have that chance of getting a little run going.

Yeah, I know we are sh1te, but so are others and if we can just be slightly less sh1te than them, we still have a chance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 31
forza ivano
March 1, 2021, 5:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,174
Gold Stars: 265
a minor ray of hope is that we are good deal better in mid week games than we are Saturday games
On Saturday's we've played 18 won only 2 and gained just 11 points
Contrast that with mid week games where we've played 11, won 4 of them and got 13 points
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 31
Theimperialcoroner
March 1, 2021, 5:51pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,190
Gold Stars: 102
11 points for me. That’s being optimistic too.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 31
DB
March 1, 2021, 5:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from forza ivano
a minor ray of hope is that we are good deal better in mid week games than we are Saturday games
On Saturday's we've played 18 won only 2 and gained just 11 points
Contrast that with mid week games where we've played 11, won 4 of them and got 13 points

That's what I like positive thinking

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › March

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.