29 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All Recommend Thread
NorthseaMariner
January 30, 2021, 8:09pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +1,523
Gold Stars: 11
Also, I think it as the best of the goals, or am I delusional?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 270 - 283
Tommy
January 30, 2021, 9:39pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76

He can. Don't pick them!

PH is now seeing the players who are making his decisions EASY. Either those who are worthy of a place in the starting XI, and those who should be emptying their lockers 'tout de suite'

On that show, tomorrow and Monday will be a blur for PH.

Let's hope he can bring in a few surprises to shore up some positions.

Has anyone else noticed that all talk of Pillock's (sorry..... Pollock) imminent departure have ceased lock stock and barrel........and after his last few performances he count himself lucky to get a game in the Isthmian league

Do we need to resort to calling a 19 year old kid (a 1st year pro) a pillock?

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 271 - 283
ska face
January 30, 2021, 9:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,760
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from Tommy

Do we need to resort to calling a 19 year old kid (a 1st year pro) a pillock?

Pollock’s current form remind me of what happened with Darren Mansaram.

A decent prospect thrown into first team football at an early age, relatively, and expected to deliver well above their experience. Mansaram was expected to lead the line and score the goals that would keep us in the Championship at age 18, he played 37 times in 02/03. Pollock has been chucked into a garbage team, partnered by some absolute junk, in front of an awful keeper and behind an appalling midfield, and expected to develop into a solid L2 CB (or better) in those circumstances.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s contributed to our position, but he’s not been helped by any of the supposed senior pros, nor Hollowhead who partnered him with another youngster in Preston down the left and forced him into an unfamiliar playing style for much of the season.
Private Message
Reply: 272 - 283
Hagrid
January 30, 2021, 10:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
feel as empty now as i did at 5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 273 - 283
Tommy
January 30, 2021, 10:19pm
Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Hagrid

I'm holding out hope for a positive day of transfer action on Monday.

Ultimately, Monday is now a more important day than today was. If we bring in a few more players of similar ilk to Matete, they will help us for the rest of the season.

Strengthen our side to compete better for the next 20 games, and today might not necessarily be the season-defining result it might feel like now.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 274 - 283
horsforthmariner
January 30, 2021, 10:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,637
Gold Stars: 9
Frustrating- we played pretty well but we got punished for two errors.

Macca - wasn’t far enough out for second goal - but it was Waterfall who really stuffed it up
Habergham - Looks very rusty, too many misplaced passes, little threat going forward.

Meyenase - worries me, was at fault for the first goal - not as e we yuck as was made out.

Pollock - going backwards at a rate of knots - needs a rest.

Waterfall - distribution woeful, defended well until he stuffed up the second goal.

Hendrie - was excellent

El - Mizouni - to be honest thought he was garbage - but you can’t judge someone  after one game.

Rose - wish he could pass - pretty ineffective

Matete - class - MOTM

Hanson - did ok - hopefully stays fit

Jackson Jr started brightly, faded - better than Gibson or Green

Of the subs thought Spokes did fine, Payne did what we want him to do.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 275 - 283
paulgtfc
January 30, 2021, 10:22pm
Never lost at the old Wembley!
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Hagrid

Barrow lost n Southend lost; still tight at the bottom. New players may need time but plenty of games left. Jolley was in worse position than this.

Keep the faith, we are Town, it’s not over yet!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 276 - 283
Abdul19
January 30, 2021, 10:25pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,586
Gold Stars: 218
The goal encouraged me. In one short move Matete and Payne showed they're a massive improvement on what else is as at the club. Unfortunately, they'll need to do that 17 times a game if we're going to concede goals like the one at the end.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 277 - 283
Bigdog
January 31, 2021, 8:42am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
I thought Menayese was a little unlucky for their first goal. The ball could have rebounded anywhere but the striker got lucky. At least he had the pace to get there first instead of the striker having a free run on goal past slow defenders. Second goal was a disgrace. Positionally both Waterfall and McKeown were at fault. Either of them should have dealt with it and neither did. Payne finishing the way he did was a positive, finally we've got a goal threat. A couple more players in, one or two back from injury and a further shuffling of the pack by Hurst and I can see us picking up a win or two over the next few games..

And.. does Rose mishit that pass on a better pitch.. I don't think so. There are league table and EFL status consequences for furloughing the groundsman to save pennies..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 278 - 283
cannylad68
January 31, 2021, 8:56am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
The players should be fined a week's wages over lack of concentration for the winning goal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 279 - 283
29 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread vs Stevenage

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.