ginnywings
January 23, 2021, 10:21pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from GrimRob

We've won 5 games this season and so have Barrow. Are we that terrified of them that we've written ourselves off? Yes, we are excrement but so are they! We can win on Tuesday I refuse to give up just yet!

Unfortunately, 3 of their wins have come in the last 5 games, so they are in much better form than us.

Not that I think we can't win there, just that they are the more likely to.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 23
RexFannies
January 24, 2021, 12:22am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +517
Gold Stars: 5
We could possibly beat them if the players actually cared or wanted a win. I honestly think they are happy to run around for an hour and a half, get paid and go home. Lack of talent you can forgive, Lack of intelligence isn’t their fault. Lack of effort there is no excuse for. They’re all just seeing out their time on easy street. They have no pride towards or commitment to this club and it shows. Their attitude is an insult to the club and Paul Hurst. I’d rather see 11 local lads out there giving it 100% every week and losing than these selfish, self centred losers. 30 years ago the Clee Park would have annihilated this bunch.

EDIT. Forgot how old I am...40 years ago the Cleethorpes Park would have annihilated this bunch.

The Only Way Is Up
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 21 - 23
DB
January 24, 2021, 12:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from RexFannies
We could possibly beat them if the players actually cared or wanted a win. I honestly think they are happy to run around for an hour and a half, get paid and go home. Lack of talent you can forgive, Lack of intelligence isn’t their fault. Lack of effort there is no excuse for. They’re all just seeing out their time on easy street. They have no pride towards or commitment to this club and it shows. Their attitude is an insult to the club and Paul Hurst. I’d rather see 11 local lads out there giving it 100% every week and losing than these selfish, self centred losers. 30 years ago the Clee Park would have annihilated this bunch.

EDIT. Forgot how old I am...40 years ago the Cleethorpes Park would have annihilated this bunch.

Totally agree. The rot started with oloway in the summer and hasn't changed. You don't know what he, or Fenty, promised them if but it's not what they are getting, then they are not going to be motivated.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
ginnywings
January 24, 2021, 10:31am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from RexFannies

I'm convinced I have played with better players in local football than some of the players we have now. I watch them and think, why can't you control and pass a football? Why can't you cross a dead ball into the danger area? Why can't you hit a shot with power and direction? It's shocking that they can't even manage the basics of the game. Not all of them, but enough to make us toothless as a functioning side. We have too few decent players, trying to compensate for the ones not up to standard.

Add in a lack of confidence, and yesterday a pathetic lack of fight and spirit, and it's a recipe for relegation.

I'm hoping against hope that yesterday was the absolute bottom, and we start to improve greatly from here on in. Mansfield have gone from the bottom end of the form guide right to the top spot with 5 wins on the bounce. It can be done, though I do understand they have a better squad than us.

Gonna be a big week for us.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What Next

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.