3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
January 19, 2021, 4:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
In addition, Jamie Proctor has gone back to Rotherham from his loan to Newport. Interesting as Paul Warne & Paul Hurst are mates from their playing days.
Private Message
Rodley Mariner
January 19, 2021, 4:22pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Proctor would be a decent signing for us wouldn't he?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
Nelly GTFC
January 19, 2021, 4:24pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,753
Gold Stars: 31
Jolley is not messing about is he...
[tweet]1351530401492295680[/tweet]

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
Nutsy
January 19, 2021, 4:31pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +139
Gold Stars: 5
He seems to be making so good signings.

Good luck to the bloke, but not at the expense of Town - UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
Gainsbro_Mariner
January 19, 2021, 4:34pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from MuddyWaters
In addition, Jamie Proctor has gone back to Rotherham from his loan to Newport. Interesting as Paul Warne & Paul Hurst are mates from their playing days.

Devitt is such a hot and cold player. I thought he was decent when we first had on loan a decade ago, second time round he started well but faded. I actually expected him to drop into Non-League after that spell with us but he went on to do well at Carlisle. Shouldn't have left them to go to Blackpool as in all honesty as it's gone pear shaped again, he is on his 4th club since summer 2019.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
Rick12
January 19, 2021, 5:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner

Devitt is such a hot and cold player. I thought he was decent when we first had on loan a decade ago, second time round he started well but faded. I actually expected him to drop into Non-League after that spell with us but he went on to do well at Carlisle. Shouldn't have left them to go to Blackpool as in all honesty as it's gone pear shaped again, he is on his 4th club since summer 2019.
Like you I was impressed with Devitt first time around. One of the best for Grimsby in his first spell when I saw him in a number of games. Physically weak but technically looked quite good.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
BobbyCummingsTackle
January 19, 2021, 5:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,279
Gold Stars: 306
If you look a bit closer at Jolley's signings they may not be that great - 2 of them are loans. One of them hasn't played a first team game for Barnsley and the other has had a serious injury and hasn't played since.

The lad from Tranmere has played 19 times this season and you've got to wonder why he wants to leave Tranmere and go to Barrow if he's made that many appearances. And then there's Devitt.

I don't know more than that, just saying.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
geir
January 19, 2021, 5:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Gold Stars: 9
Devitt to Barrow? That guarantees at least one goal against us when we meet Barrow... Damn... The curse of former Grimsby players....  

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
forza ivano
January 19, 2021, 6:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,204
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Hurst signed him for the Scunts (1 goal in13, so presumably not a roaring success!)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
male private Nale
January 20, 2021, 10:27am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
If you look a bit closer at Jolley's signings they may not be that great - 2 of them are loans. One of them hasn't played a first team game for Barnsley and the other has had a serious injury and hasn't played since.

The lad from Tranmere has played 19 times this season and you've got to wonder why he wants to leave Tranmere and go to Barrow if he's made that many appearances. And then there's Devitt.

I don't know more than that, just saying.

And what calibre of signings are you expecting us to make ? We will be signing similar as has been proved in the first two..

Or are you expecting Podge, Bogle and Toto?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Devitt to Barrow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.