Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rumour
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 112 Guests

The last message you viewed in this thread was reply number 64.

Rumour

This thread currently has 15,501 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
BobbyCummingsTackle
January 14, 2021, 4:21pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,154
Gold Stars: 289
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Don't normally post rumour's on here, but thought this one was worth mentioning.

Been told that Hurst has signed the defender, just waiting for all the formative's to go through.

Also got told, that the players he has/ and is in contact with, are players with more than enough capability to sort us out!
Lets hope he can pull some of them off.
No names mentioned, as don't think my source was directly told of any, just that confidence isn't too bad in and around the club!

"let's hope he can pull some of them off"

Is this in lieu of win bonuses? I'm delighted that we're being imaginative in what we're offering prospective players now.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 71
TownSNAFU5
January 14, 2021, 4:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,832
Gold Stars: 42
If Scannell is “not” “Not The Messiah”, then that is a double negative.  Does this then mean that he is The Messiah?   Our saviour.  ☺️

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 71
paramariner
January 14, 2021, 4:54pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +192
Gold Stars: 8
Gollygtfc
If you read my post I was merely saying what the Telegraph was saying. Nothing was mentioned about the player's club refusing permission, that apparently came through a conversation with radio Hull. So to me the deal has at the mo fallen through. Hopefully the assumption that it will go through once the other club gets a replacement is correct.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 71
DB
January 14, 2021, 5:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.52
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,964
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from paramariner
Gollygtfc
If you read my post I was merely saying what the Telegraph was saying. Nothing was mentioned about the player's club refusing permission, that apparently came through a conversation with radio Hull. So to me the deal has at the mo fallen through. Hopefully the assumption that it will go through once the other club gets a replacement is correct.

Why do I think this has got a Fenty stench about it. I seem to recall a post that said a player was on the way to sign when he got a call, Fenty wanted to change the terms at the last minute, so he turned his car around and went home.

So a club allows Hursty to talk to a player, they discuss this and that and the player likes what he hears. The club like to of load a wage and all's agreed. Until the morning of the signing when, according to RH the club change their mind. I cannot believe a player and club would do that at the last minute, unless something major changed.

Sounds all too familiar. Don't forget my shares, my loans and my way.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 71
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 14, 2021, 5:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,599
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from DB

Why do I think this has got a Fenty stench about it. I seem to recall a post that said a player was on the way to sign when he got a call, Fenty wanted to change the terms at the last minute, so he turned his car around and went home.

So a club allows Hursty to talk to a player, they discuss this and that and the player likes what he hears. The club like to of load a wage and all's agreed. Until the morning of the signing when, according to RH the club change their mind. I cannot believe a player and club would do that at the last minute, unless something major changed.

Sounds all too familiar. Don't forget my shares, my loans and my way.

Think Hurst said after game at Port Vale that he wasn’t expecting any incoming players until after certain clubs had played on Tuesday night most likely in the “Nobody wants to attend” cup. Thus after the games he announces on Wednesday player expected to sign but maybe other factors have affected this deal as I’m not really expecting JF to have too much input at the present time in contracts but who knows!!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 71
Norseman
January 14, 2021, 9:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +275
Gold Stars: 48
Cant keep saying its location. Barrow seem to attract players and thsts well out of the way from anywhere if youve ever driven to it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 71
lew chaterleys lover
January 14, 2021, 10:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,644
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from Norseman
Cant keep saying its location. Barrow seem to attract players and thsts well out of the way from anywhere if youve ever driven to it

I don't know why some posters keep bringing this red herring up.

There are only 23 league teams that league 2 standard players can "choose."

Most of those clubs will have their own targets so that reduces their "choice" of club to very few indeed. Of those, some will be in the wrong location depending on where the player is in the country at the moment, and of course, that may affect us as every other club.

We have even managed to attract good players in the dire Fenty years, but sadly not enough of them in the same team.

What you do need though is an attractive offer in terms of wages, length of contract and a good story to tell. The story might be a bit of a stretch so we need to offer good money and maybe over the odds to really get the players we want.  
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 71
DB
January 14, 2021, 10:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker

I don't know why some posters keep bringing this red herring up.

There are only 23 league teams that league 2 standard players can "choose."

Most of those clubs will have their own targets so that reduces their "choice" of club to very few indeed. Of those, some will be in the wrong location depending on where the player is in the country at the moment, and of course, that may affect us as every other club.

We have even managed to attract good players in the dire Fenty years, but sadly not enough of them in the same team.

What you do need though is an attractive offer in terms of wages, length of contract and a good story to tell. The story might be a bit of a stretch so we need to offer good money and maybe over the odds to really get the players we want.  

Well said. Halfway through the transfer window and no bodies in. We have plenty of games but need some quality in. Perhaps when Hursty identifies who he wants the offer shoud be 'How much do you want and for how long' and then negotiate from their.

Were not in the desperate street yet and would much prefer to points sooner rather then later.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 71
Youngy
January 14, 2021, 10:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,667
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Norseman

I don't know if they still do but Barrow used to train in Manchester so players would only go to Barrow on a match day
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 71
DB
January 14, 2021, 10:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Youngy

I don't know if they still do but Barrow used to train in Manchester so players would only go to Barrow on a match day

According to Barrow web site they have a new training ground at Egerton Youth Club, Knutsford just off the M6

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rumour

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.