Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 14, 2021, 8:17am
Don't normally post rumour's on here, but thought this one was worth mentioning.

Been told that Hurst has signed the defender, just waiting for all the formative's to go through.

Also got told, that the players he has/ and is in contact with, are players with more than enough capability to sort us out!
Lets hope he can pull some of them off.
No names mentioned, as don't think my source was directly told of any, just that confidence isn't too bad in and around the club!
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 14, 2021, 8:23am; Reply: 1
Let’s hope you are right.
We could all do with a bit of good news
Posted by: DB, January 14, 2021, 9:14am; Reply: 2
Best bit of info we've had all week
Posted by: Poojah, January 14, 2021, 9:55am; Reply: 3
I have to admit, I have my reservations in taking an assessment of player quality from someone whose username infers a delusion that Nathan Jarman was, and potentially still is, some kind of football deity. However given the complete vacuum of positivity on the playing side of things right now, that certainly sounds promising.
Posted by: RonMariner, January 14, 2021, 10:06am; Reply: 4
Really hope this is true.

Wouldn't it be great to be winning games again!
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 14, 2021, 10:07am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Poojah
I have to admit, I have my reservations in taking an assessment of player quality from someone whose username infers a delusion that Nathan Jarman was, and potentially still is, some kind of football deity. However given the complete vacuum of positivity on the playing side of things right now, that certainly sounds promising.

i joined in 2009, i was only 14 at the time....
It wouldn't let me put 'Conlon.is.god'  :o

But in all seriousness, this particular source is few and far between, but normally spot on
Posted by: Croxton, January 14, 2021, 10:08am; Reply: 6
Both ears cupped and toes crossed.
Posted by: Poojah, January 14, 2021, 10:15am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

i joined in 2009, i was only 14 at the time....
It wouldn't let me put 'Conlon.is.god'  :o

But in all seriousness, this particular source is few and far between, but normally spot on

Ah, the foolishness of youth. :)

Sounds good though, hope your man is right!
Posted by: RonMariner, January 14, 2021, 10:53am; Reply: 8
Does anyone know when is the latest time we could sign somebody and have them eligible to play on Saturday?
Posted by: MarshMariner, January 14, 2021, 10:58am; Reply: 9
Friday at 5pm?  - I think.. :)
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 14, 2021, 11:21am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Poojah

Ah, the foolishness of youth. :)

Sounds good though, hope your man is right!

i hope so too!

Yes, very foolish i agree!

Admin - Can i change?
thinking 'Holloway.is.a.      '  You get the idea...
Posted by: ginnywings, January 14, 2021, 11:28am; Reply: 11
It's training and press day today, so I assume we will get some more info, or announcements.
Posted by: denni266, January 14, 2021, 11:31am; Reply: 12
Quoted from ginnywings
It's training and press day today, so I assume we will get some more info, or announcements.

I hope there is some good news on players today,, But cannot see there being any training on the pitches today or tomorrow.. . its been raining up here for nearly 24 hours on top of sodden ground ,
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, January 14, 2021, 11:45am; Reply: 13
Quoted from denni266

I hope there is some good news on players today,, But cannot see there being any training on the pitches today or tomorrow.. . its been raining up here for nearly 24 hours on top of sodden ground ,

They’ll be on the car park then.

Posted by: realist, January 14, 2021, 11:59am; Reply: 14
Good day for darts
Posted by: Marinerdeano, January 14, 2021, 12:07pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from denni266

Are we not able to use all weather facilities at Bradley?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 14, 2021, 12:08pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from denni266

My garden is totally under water. Think the pitch will be in a right state on Saturday and the game will be a bit of a muddy slog.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 14, 2021, 12:21pm; Reply: 17
Seen on twitter striker, Billy Chadwick has been recalled by Hull from Halifax.

Halifax fans rated him highly...

Could be something of nothing?

Posted by: denni266, January 14, 2021, 12:38pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Marinerdeano

Are we not able to use all weather facilities at Bradley?

Am not sure about that one . Am sure someone on here  will know . But i seem to remember that hollowhead said before that they could not train when the pitches was bad
Posted by: jaf243, January 14, 2021, 12:38pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lpm-football-agents-ltd-/beraterfirma/berater/4283

Same agents as Hurst and a few ex hurst signings...
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 14, 2021, 12:42pm; Reply: 20
Been told one name as a potential target. Ticks a few boxes...

Played regular football for Hurst before ✅
Out of favour with his current club ✅
Played regular football at a higher level ✅
Good age (26 years old) ✅
6 months left on contact ✅
Available for transfer ✅

However he’s a right back and I would have thought that’s far from a priority with both Hendrie & Hewitt at the club.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 14, 2021, 12:44pm; Reply: 21
They wouldn't recall him from a loan to loan him out to another side would they? Unless it's a permanent signing in the offing?
Posted by: ginnywings, January 14, 2021, 12:48pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Available for transfer ✅

However he’s a right back and I would have thought that’s far from a priority with both Hendrie & Hewitt at the club.

James Bolton?
Posted by: Mikey_345, January 14, 2021, 12:49pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Available for transfer ✅

We playing guess who?
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 14, 2021, 12:50pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from ginnywings

James Bolton?

Yeah.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, January 14, 2021, 12:50pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

i hope so too!

Yes, very foolish i agree!

Admin - Can i change?
thinking 'Holloway.is.a.      '  You get the idea...

I'm disappointed now, I'd assumed the username was a reference to film director, Jim Jarmusch, a colossus of indie cinema...

Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 14, 2021, 12:53pm; Reply: 26
Re: James Bolton... he’s the player who Luke Hendrie couldn’t dislodge from the Shrewsbury team when he left them to join us.
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, January 14, 2021, 1:04pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Yes I saw that. This season players can play for 3 teams in a season instead of 2............BUT the Scunts have admitted they are after a striker as a priority too.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 14, 2021, 1:06pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Re: James Bolton... he’s the player who Luke Hendrie couldn’t dislodge from the Shrewsbury team when he left them to join us.

Just had a look on Portsmouth squad list and says he's got 18 months left. Contract until June 2022, although that doesn't make it any less likely if he's out of favour and wants to move on.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 14, 2021, 1:08pm; Reply: 29

Yes I saw that. This season players can play for 3 teams in a season instead of 2............BUT the Scunts have admitted they are after a striker as a priority too.

Maybe they fancy taking Matt Green?
Posted by: 137 (Guest), January 14, 2021, 1:12pm; Reply: 30

Other than on this thread, Billy Chadwick is described as 'Midfield' or 'Left Midfield'. Was he playing as a striker at Halifax?
Posted by: Civvy at last, January 14, 2021, 1:14pm; Reply: 31
Decent signings would be a massive boost.

Would be ironic to sing ‘we’re f@@@ing spoilt, we know what we are’
and actually mean it !!
Posted by: ginnywings, January 14, 2021, 1:15pm; Reply: 32
A thought just occurred to me. It wouldn't be unknown for a manager to keep any signings under wraps until the end of the week, so as not to let the upcoming opponents know who is going to be playing and throw their scouting out of kilter. Any advantage and all that.

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, January 14, 2021, 1:23pm; Reply: 33
There’s plenty of decent players still without a club as well
Posted by: Poojah, January 14, 2021, 2:18pm; Reply: 34
Sounds like the deal for the defender isn't happening...

Quoted Text

Signing ‘hasn’t gone to plan’
Bad news on the transfer front for Paul Hurst, with the Town boss admitting the defender he hoped to get over the line soon hasn’t quite worked out...

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/grimsby-transfer-news-live-defender-4886055
Posted by: paramariner, January 14, 2021, 2:19pm; Reply: 35
According to Telewag the defender hasn't signed, deal fallen through! 😕
Posted by: Hagrid, January 14, 2021, 2:19pm; Reply: 36
Ffs
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 14, 2021, 2:24pm; Reply: 37
Wow, i've either been had, or things have rapidly changed!

There's a reason i don't normally post what i'm told!!
Posted by: davmariner, January 14, 2021, 2:25pm; Reply: 38
Worrying.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, January 14, 2021, 2:27pm; Reply: 39
Think we should stick with the original approach.
Just tell us when a deal is finished and we can all stop wasting time speculating
Posted by: marinerdazza, January 14, 2021, 2:31pm; Reply: 40
Dropping into the bottom 2 has knackered us.
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, January 14, 2021, 2:35pm; Reply: 41
It's disappointing but right now I am guessing we aren't an attractive option to a good proportion of players we may want to bring. Not only does he have to sell the idea of area, he has to sell the ambition of the club in the long run, himself as a manager and the hope that the club can be in the Football League next year. I can't think to imagine the stress of football managers when they are trying to bring in the players they want.

fingers are crossed for some positive news in the not so distant future.
Posted by: Mariner_09, January 14, 2021, 2:35pm; Reply: 42
Nobody wants to come to us. Rubbish location, rubbish side and probably still rubbish budget.
Posted by: DB, January 14, 2021, 2:37pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Wow, i've either been had, or things have rapidly changed!

There's a reason i don't normally post what i'm told!!

Don't worry. At least you gave us something to cling onto
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 14, 2021, 2:45pm; Reply: 44
Time to chuck some cash at this and quick, we’re absolutely doomed if we don’t pick up some points this month and this current mob have little hope of doing that
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 14, 2021, 2:45pm; Reply: 45
Just been told by my 'source'  :o that he was told it was 100% complete... obviously not.

The only other thing he will say, is he thinks PH is playing it down to the media, but he has a few that are still close

Based on his previous, just ignore me
Posted by: marinerdazza, January 14, 2021, 2:47pm; Reply: 46
I’m pretty sure he used to do this. I hope he’s just keeping Southend guessing.

Scannell back apparently. Hanson a bit closer. Maybe Hewitt is also due for one of his good games too.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 14, 2021, 2:50pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from marinerdazza
I’m pretty sure he used to do this. I hope he’s just keeping Southend guessing.

Scannell back apparently. Hanson a bit closer. Maybe Hewitt is also due for one of his good games too.

Delighted about Scannell!

Hopefully gets on in the 2nd half, with Gibson and Jackson up front to feed!
Posted by: Mikey_345, January 14, 2021, 2:51pm; Reply: 48
Hurst has told Rh the players club isn’t letting them leave.

Puts a slightly different slant on things.
Posted by: diehardmariner, January 14, 2021, 2:58pm; Reply: 49
Always a concern and a worry that clubs are reluctant to let players go and our unattractive position.

That said, let's not forget when Hurst stood in front of the media and told them there was no chance of signing Omar Bogle, when in fact he was in the next room waiting for the ink to dry on the contract he had just signed.

Hurst isn't Holloway.  He doesn't give names away or talk bluster for the sake of it.  He's as coy as they come and I I actually think he enjoys this little game of keeping the press on their toes with his red herrings.  
Posted by: Croxton, January 14, 2021, 3:05pm; Reply: 50
You gotta know when to hold 'em

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDwCMxPwJ_4

A right game of cards.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 14, 2021, 3:09pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from Mikey_345

Without trying to defend my source, he might well of been correct then...

It was agreed, then the club have not let him go? not fully sure.

Still, apologies for this one!
Posted by: RonMariner, January 14, 2021, 3:11pm; Reply: 52
sodomist
Posted by: pontoonlew, January 14, 2021, 3:14pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from Mikey_345

Hopefully that’s just whilst they figure out a replacement
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 14, 2021, 3:18pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Hurst confirms he's aware of him, and likes him...
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 14, 2021, 3:50pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from paramariner
According to Telewag the defender hasn't signed, deal fallen through! 😕

Doesn't say that. Says he is "not currently being allowed to leave his club." So presumably they are signing a replacement and he can go when that's completed.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, January 14, 2021, 3:52pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Hurst confirms he's aware of him, and likes him...

He's not 21 until next Tuesday, so he'd be exempt from the salary cap calculation too.
Posted by: Mikey_345, January 14, 2021, 3:53pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Without trying to defend my source, he might well of been correct then...

It was agreed, then the club have not let him go? not fully sure.

Still, apologies for this one!

Happens mate, wasn’t as if you posted it’s a certainty. You added the caveats and explained. No drama
Posted by: arryarryarry, January 14, 2021, 4:11pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Delighted about Scannell!

Hopefully gets on in the 2nd half, with Gibson and Jackson up front to feed!

I think some are getting a bit carried away about Scannell, he's had a couple of good games but ....................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBbuUWw30N8&ab_channel=indebioscoop
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, January 14, 2021, 4:16pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from arryarryarry

I think some are getting a bit carried away about Scannell, he's had a couple of good games but ....................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBbuUWw30N8&ab_channel=indebioscoop

Because everyone else is crap pretty much
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, January 14, 2021, 4:21pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Don't normally post rumour's on here, but thought this one was worth mentioning.

Been told that Hurst has signed the defender, just waiting for all the formative's to go through.

Also got told, that the players he has/ and is in contact with, are players with more than enough capability to sort us out!
Lets hope he can pull some of them off.
No names mentioned, as don't think my source was directly told of any, just that confidence isn't too bad in and around the club!

"let's hope he can pull some of them off"

Is this in lieu of win bonuses? I'm delighted that we're being imaginative in what we're offering prospective players now.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, January 14, 2021, 4:35pm; Reply: 61
If Scannell is “not” “Not The Messiah”, then that is a double negative.  Does this then mean that he is The Messiah?   Our saviour.  ☺️

Posted by: paramariner, January 14, 2021, 4:54pm; Reply: 62
Gollygtfc
If you read my post I was merely saying what the Telegraph was saying. Nothing was mentioned about the player's club refusing permission, that apparently came through a conversation with radio Hull. So to me the deal has at the mo fallen through. Hopefully the assumption that it will go through once the other club gets a replacement is correct.
Posted by: DB, January 14, 2021, 5:15pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from paramariner
Gollygtfc
If you read my post I was merely saying what the Telegraph was saying. Nothing was mentioned about the player's club refusing permission, that apparently came through a conversation with radio Hull. So to me the deal has at the mo fallen through. Hopefully the assumption that it will go through once the other club gets a replacement is correct.

Why do I think this has got a Fenty stench about it. I seem to recall a post that said a player was on the way to sign when he got a call, Fenty wanted to change the terms at the last minute, so he turned his car around and went home.

So a club allows Hursty to talk to a player, they discuss this and that and the player likes what he hears. The club like to of load a wage and all's agreed. Until the morning of the signing when, according to RH the club change their mind. I cannot believe a player and club would do that at the last minute, unless something major changed.

Sounds all too familiar. Don't forget my shares, my loans and my way.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, January 14, 2021, 5:36pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from DB

Why do I think this has got a Fenty stench about it. I seem to recall a post that said a player was on the way to sign when he got a call, Fenty wanted to change the terms at the last minute, so he turned his car around and went home.

So a club allows Hursty to talk to a player, they discuss this and that and the player likes what he hears. The club like to of load a wage and all's agreed. Until the morning of the signing when, according to RH the club change their mind. I cannot believe a player and club would do that at the last minute, unless something major changed.

Sounds all too familiar. Don't forget my shares, my loans and my way.

Think Hurst said after game at Port Vale that he wasn’t expecting any incoming players until after certain clubs had played on Tuesday night most likely in the “Nobody wants to attend” cup. Thus after the games he announces on Wednesday player expected to sign but maybe other factors have affected this deal as I’m not really expecting JF to have too much input at the present time in contracts but who knows!!

Posted by: Norseman, January 14, 2021, 9:43pm; Reply: 65
Cant keep saying its location. Barrow seem to attract players and thsts well out of the way from anywhere if youve ever driven to it
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, January 14, 2021, 10:17pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from Norseman
Cant keep saying its location. Barrow seem to attract players and thsts well out of the way from anywhere if youve ever driven to it

I don't know why some posters keep bringing this red herring up.

There are only 23 league teams that league 2 standard players can "choose."

Most of those clubs will have their own targets so that reduces their "choice" of club to very few indeed. Of those, some will be in the wrong location depending on where the player is in the country at the moment, and of course, that may affect us as every other club.

We have even managed to attract good players in the dire Fenty years, but sadly not enough of them in the same team.

What you do need though is an attractive offer in terms of wages, length of contract and a good story to tell. The story might be a bit of a stretch so we need to offer good money and maybe over the odds to really get the players we want.  
Posted by: DB, January 14, 2021, 10:26pm; Reply: 67

I don't know why some posters keep bringing this red herring up.

There are only 23 league teams that league 2 standard players can "choose."

Most of those clubs will have their own targets so that reduces their "choice" of club to very few indeed. Of those, some will be in the wrong location depending on where the player is in the country at the moment, and of course, that may affect us as every other club.

We have even managed to attract good players in the dire Fenty years, but sadly not enough of them in the same team.

What you do need though is an attractive offer in terms of wages, length of contract and a good story to tell. The story might be a bit of a stretch so we need to offer good money and maybe over the odds to really get the players we want.  

Well said. Halfway through the transfer window and no bodies in. We have plenty of games but need some quality in. Perhaps when Hursty identifies who he wants the offer shoud be 'How much do you want and for how long' and then negotiate from their.

Were not in the desperate street yet and would much prefer to points sooner rather then later.
Posted by: Youngy, January 14, 2021, 10:40pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from Norseman

I don't know if they still do but Barrow used to train in Manchester so players would only go to Barrow on a match day
Posted by: DB, January 14, 2021, 10:53pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from Youngy

I don't know if they still do but Barrow used to train in Manchester so players would only go to Barrow on a match day

According to Barrow web site they have a new training ground at Egerton Youth Club, Knutsford just off the M6
Posted by: Youngy, January 15, 2021, 12:11am; Reply: 70
Quoted from DB

According to Barrow web site they have a new training ground at Egerton Youth Club, Knutsford just off the M6

Over two hours from Barrow, smart move. Got the pick of the North West
Posted by: Madeleymariner, January 15, 2021, 8:47am; Reply: 71
Maybe we should use Scunnys ground when they go bump for training, still near us but 30 mins closer to Yorkshire  ;D
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 3:55pm