6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Fillipe Noche
January 4, 2021, 10:55am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Regeneration seems to be the buzz word around Grimsby at the moment. There’s absolutely no doubt that the Town is going to be receiving a lot of investment and improvement over the coming years. The catalyst for much of this is the renewable energy industry that has, and is, making its home along the banks of the Humber. It’s a very positive time for the town, and as always, where there are development opportunities, money making scope exists for those that have money already, those that understand how to tap into development potential, and for those that are well connected.

The football club is also central to the regeneration programme. Community projects, especially sports based ones that tick the health and well being boxes, are superb vehicles for attracting investment and grants. So it’s blatantly obvious that there is profit making opportunity for anyone that can get involved with the football club and it’s activities centred around the regeneration programme.

I think it’s vitally important that we understand that nobody that takes the football club forward as part of the Towns regeneration programme, is doing this solely for the love of the club and/or the community. Some you might say aren’t interested at all in the community or the football club, and are totally fixed with their eyes on the prize of profit.

I’ve been thinking about all of the characters that have been involved over recent weeks, and what their motivation has been:

John Fenty..,
Genuinely has a love and passion for the club, in that there is no doubt. He’s an astute businessman, although he hasn’t really profited from his investment in Grimsby Town to date. In fact, apart from the gift of Mariners Trust shares, which he can only ever profit from once sold, practically everything else he has done has been give not take. And certainly not profit.

In John’s case, his involvement with GTFC has been a drain on his wealth. Certainly not a big drain in comparison to his overall accumulated wealth, but certainly not an exciting profit making venture that his other business investments have provided him with over the years.

But, I have no doubt that his end game has always been to eventually benefit from his involvement with the club through the many efforts he has led on to deliver a new stadium and the allied developments that he has endeavoured to have running alongside this. He’s probably endured years of frustration that the likes of Great Coates and Peaks Parkway have not been deliverable. Frustration both for his love of the club and his desire for it to have the best home and facilities, and also frustration that he’s continually been thwarted in obtaining any real meat on the bone profit from his involvement in the club, the likes as he has in the fish industry.

Ian Holloway:
Definitely came to Grimsby chasing profit. Had absolute no affinity with the Town or club at all. Never ever has he taken up a board appointment at any other football club. Never ever has he committed to investing money into a club. I have no doubt that in attracting Holloway to Grimsby, that the bait on the hook was the regeneration taking place in the Town and the football clubs proposed involvement in that. He saw the pound signs and jumped onboard in order to make money.

Alex May:
Nothing other than an investor, both for himself and others. A person who saw the opportunity to profit from the regeneration taking place in the Town and the football clubs proposed involvement in it. Has zero love  or affinity for the club.

Schutes Consortium:
The three businessmen involved in this consortium have a fondness for GTFC and some fondness for the town. So we won’t be passing over to people who don’t care at all about Grimsby.

I think that care and regard is pretty thin, but enough that they will or should do right by the club. Let’s not pretend though that these guys are Grimsby through and through like John Fenty is. To me they are a bit like the local lads that’s done well, left the town, explored the world, and created their success away from Grimsby. They aren’t deeply rooted in Grimsby with a desire to be living here, homers so to speak. They aren’t people that over the years you’d find sat at Blundell Park year in and year out. They’ve probably spent more time at Premier League grounds enjoying hospitality than they have their hometown ground. But for me, their background of being from Grimsby is enough for them to be safe hands and custodians.

In the case of the consortium though, I do not pretend for a minute that their motivation is the love of the club and the town. I think the regeneration programme, the club’s involvement in it, and the profit they can make, is the key driver in them wanting to invest in the club. In the case of Tom Schutes, this is very definitively already in process, since he’s already involved in development in the town, right at the coal face.

Summary:
Personally I think it’s wrong to cast scorn on anyone that seeks to be involved in the club who has more than one glancing eye on profiting from their investment. Because if that’s the driver, in small part or large part, for success for the football club, then so be it. However, the ones to be weary of are the investors that are looking to profit and then run. For me, Holloway and May fit firmly into that category. John Fenty absolutely doesn’t and I’m confident he was content with a long cycle at the club that see’s him make loss, break even, then profit, but without running away. He’s not running away now really is he, he’s simply bowing out to fan pressure if the sale completes. The consortium I hope will continue John’s work and more, make a success of it and I have no problem with them profiting from this whilst doing so.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Interesting times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
January 4, 2021, 10:59am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Pointless

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 50
friskneymariner
January 4, 2021, 11:03am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Stop reading when you said astute business man

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 50
toontown
January 4, 2021, 11:13am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
It was fenty that brought may and Holloway to the club FFS, don't act like they are separate groups!

And as for fenty profiting from the 200k of shares he bullied out of the trust, which you feign as being a deserved profit - he has had 17 years to make money out of relocation/other investment/successful football and done nothing but fail on all counts. He has a reverse Midas touch of failure.

That's WHY he had to end up bringing a con artist like May to the party. Notice you just refer to him as being an invested, when in actual fact he is a serial con artist and scammer, a known lifestyle criminal. And fenty was willing to allow him to become the major shareholder. God knows where we would be in the long term if Lloyd hadn't exposed it but I sttongly suspect we would have become another of Mays victims.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 50
Hagrid
January 4, 2021, 11:13am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Oh do go away
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 50
Boris Johnson
January 4, 2021, 11:15am
Table Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
We dont know as yet what the 3 monkeys plan for the club, but lets not think for one moment that they would have purchased shares if there wasnt a regeneration programme going on.  That is obviously there driver, and as perhaps the deal isnt yet finalised, we need to wait and see what there log term plans are.

Rest assured they will be scrutinsed thoroughly, and questions will be asked.   Too many on here thinking we have won the lottery.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 50
lew chaterleys lover
January 4, 2021, 11:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Regeneration seems to be the buzz word around Grimsby at the moment. There’s absolutely no doubt that the Town is going to be receiving a lot of investment and improvement over the coming years. The catalyst for much of this is the renewable energy industry that has, and is, making its home along the banks of the Humber. It’s a very positive time for the town, and as always, where there are development opportunities, money making scope exists for those that have money already, those that understand how to tap into development potential, and for those that are well connected.

The football club is also central to the regeneration programme. Community projects, especially sports based ones that tick the health and well being boxes, are superb vehicles for attracting investment and grants. So it’s blatantly obvious that there is profit making opportunity for anyone that can get involved with the football club and it’s activities centred around the regeneration programme.

I think it’s vitally important that we understand that nobody that takes the football club forward as part of the Towns regeneration programme, is doing this solely for the love of the club and/or the community. Some you might say aren’t interested at all in the community or the football club, and are totally fixed with their eyes on the prize of profit.

I’ve been thinking about all of the characters that have been involved over recent weeks, and what their motivation has been:

John Fenty..,
Genuinely has a love and passion for the club, in that there is no doubt. He’s an astute businessman, although he hasn’t really profited from his investment in Grimsby Town to date. In fact, apart from the gift of Mariners Trust shares, which he can only ever profit from once sold, practically everything else he has done has been give not take. And certainly not profit.

In John’s case, his involvement with GTFC has been a drain on his wealth. Certainly not a big drain in comparison to his overall accumulated wealth, but certainly not an exciting profit making venture that his other business investments have provided him with over the years.

But, I have no doubt that his end game has always been to eventually benefit from his involvement with the club through the many efforts he has led on to deliver a new stadium and the allied developments that he has endeavoured to have running alongside this. He’s probably endured years of frustration that the likes of Great Coates and Peaks Parkway have not been deliverable. Frustration both for his love of the club and his desire for it to have the best home and facilities, and also frustration that he’s continually been thwarted in obtaining any real meat on the bone profit from his involvement in the club, the likes as he has in the fish industry.

Ian Holloway:
Definitely came to Grimsby chasing profit. Had absolute no affinity with the Town or club at all. Never ever has he taken up a board appointment at any other football club. Never ever has he committed to investing money into a club. I have no doubt that in attracting Holloway to Grimsby, that the bait on the hook was the regeneration taking place in the Town and the football clubs proposed involvement in that. He saw the pound signs and jumped onboard in order to make money.

Alex May:
Nothing other than an investor, both for himself and others. A person who saw the opportunity to profit from the regeneration taking place in the Town and the football clubs proposed involvement in it. Has zero love  or affinity for the club.

Schutes Consortium:
The three businessmen involved in this consortium have a fondness for GTFC and some fondness for the town. So we won’t be passing over to people who don’t care at all about Grimsby.

I think that care and regard is pretty thin, but enough that they will or should do right by the club. Let’s not pretend though that these guys are Grimsby through and through like John Fenty is. To me they are a bit like the local lads that’s done well, left the town, explored the world, and created their success away from Grimsby. They aren’t deeply rooted in Grimsby with a desire to be living here, homers so to speak. They aren’t people that over the years you’d find sat at Blundell Park year in and year out. They’ve probably spent more time at Premier League grounds enjoying hospitality than they have their hometown ground. But for me, their background of being from Grimsby is enough for them to be safe hands and custodians.

In the case of the consortium though, I do not pretend for a minute that their motivation is the love of the club and the town. I think the regeneration programme, the club’s involvement in it, and the profit they can make, is the key driver in them wanting to invest in the club. In the case of Tom Schutes, this is very definitively already in process, since he’s already involved in development in the town, right at the coal face.

Summary:
Personally I think it’s wrong to cast scorn on anyone that seeks to be involved in the club who has more than one glancing eye on profiting from their investment. Because if that’s the driver, in small part or large part, for success for the football club, then so be it. However, the ones to be weary of are the investors that are looking to profit and then run. For me, Holloway and May fit firmly into that category. John Fenty absolutely doesn’t and I’m confident he was content with a long cycle at the club that see’s him make loss, break even, then profit, but without running away. He’s not running away now really is he, he’s simply bowing out to fan pressure if the sale completes. The consortium I hope will continue John’s work and more, make a success of it and I have no problem with them profiting from this whilst doing so.

How f*****g thick do you think we are?

Fenty wanted to make money from the regeneration, the consortium wants to make money from the regeneration. Obviously.

The difference is that to access that money Fenty went into a business partnership with a convicted, serial fraudster who the government want to deport, he is that bad.

The consortium, on the other hand, appears to have the greater community good at the forefront of their thinking, besides all of them having successful business ventures and mightily impressive portfolios, something that Fenty could only dream about.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 50
marinerjase
January 4, 2021, 11:30am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,665
Gold Stars: 147
Worst wind up merchant.

Ever.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 50
KingstonMariner
January 4, 2021, 11:30am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Typical Fenty. Even his propaganda trolls are bargain basement no-hopers.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 50
Honestjhonsbankbalance
January 4, 2021, 11:36am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: +78
Gold Stars: 1
Jason stockwood is town as intercourse and is on a different stratosphere to john Shelton fenty. And that pal is what you cannot grasp from your deluded noche ing off of fenty, the three of them will bring more expertise in there little fingers compared to your best mate john and that's what you HATE getting your little digs at them MUPPET!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 50
Boris Johnson
January 4, 2021, 11:41am
Table Wine Drinker
Jason stockwood is town as intercourse and is on a different stratosphere to john Shelton fenty. And that pal is what you cannot grasp from your deluded noche ing off of fenty, the three of them will bring more expertise in there little fingers compared to your best mate john and that's what you HATE getting your little digs at them MUPPET!!!!!

im sure Stockdale is, but I was surprised after 50 years of home and away support I didnt recognise him...Perhaps he isnt a Carlisle away on a Wet Tuesday niught man?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 50
davmariner
January 4, 2021, 11:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,959
Gold Stars: 79
Fenty’s reputation amongst town fans can never be rehabilitated. So there’s no point in even trying pal.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 50
jamesgtfc
January 4, 2021, 11:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Boris Johnson

im sure Stockdale is, but I was surprised after 50 years of home and away support I didnt recognise him...Perhaps he isnt a Carlisle away on a Wet Tuesday niught man?

I'm as diehard as they come but I don't go every week because I can't for a variety of reasons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 50
ska face
January 4, 2021, 11:44am

Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,753
Gold Stars: 851
An awful lot of words to say effectively nothing.

Anyone that knows anything knows that housing is probably the quickest and easiest way to make a decent profit relatively quickly, and with a minimum of fuss. Especially given a chronic shortage of housing nationally and locally - NE Lincs council requires an average of 517 new homes per year from 2023-2032.

The Telegraph revealed that May - brought into the situation by Fenty - had already had proposals drawn up for housing on the site of BP by an firm of architects in Nottingham. The land at Cheapside would also be an extremely attractive proposition for anyone looking to throw up a housing development given the location, recent developments next door and relatively low costs of development. Why was May so keen for new training facilities?

There’s absolutely no doubt in my mind who was involved, how and for what reasons, though given the litigious nature of some individuals I’ll leave that to your imagination.

As for the consortium, it’s been said before but there are much easier ways to make a profit than buying a run down football club with limited income, then relocating them to former industrial area by filling in a dock. They’ve already demonstrated their commitment to developing the town with their work on the OnSide Youth Zone - https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/stunning-images-grimsbys-new-youth-4158845
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 50
KingstonMariner
January 4, 2021, 11:45am
Meths Drinker

Maybe getting on with his life and career was more of a priority than trekking hundreds of miles to prove his loyalty.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 50
January 4, 2021, 12:08pm
Guest User
We dont know as yet what the 3 monkeys plan for the club, but lets not think for one moment that they would have purchased shares if there wasnt a regeneration programme going on.  That is obviously there driver, and as perhaps the deal isnt yet finalised, we need to wait and see what there log term plans are.

Rest assured they will be scrutinsed thoroughly, and questions will be asked.   Too many on here thinking we have won the lottery.

Get back into your high chair so mammy can feed you.

Reply: 15 - 50
TownSNAFU5
January 4, 2021, 12:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
I could respond to nearly every point.

Will stick to “May had no interest in GTFC”.

“Fenty only gave to the Club, not take”.

Link these 2 statements together.

So why then did John Fenty actively encourage May, a convicted fraudster (you conveniently omitted that small fact) to invest a large capital sum in the Club?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 50
ginnywings
January 4, 2021, 12:23pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Cool story.

Looking forward to the West End musical.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 50
January 4, 2021, 12:24pm
Guest User

John Fenty..,

Philip Day:
A conceited sycophant who acts as a nodding dog chairman for his master, John Fenty. His disdain for the fans is regularly revealed by statements
which are too crass to be believed. Views the supporters of the club as 'sheep with wallets'. A sad excuse for a human being.

Ian Holloway:

Alex May:

Schutes Consortium:

Summary:

Edited for you.
Reply: 18 - 50
gytone
January 4, 2021, 12:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,029
Gold Stars: 8

STOCKWOOD FFS, How many more times can people get his name wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 50
Withnail
January 4, 2021, 12:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
They aren’t deeply rooted in Grimsby with a desire to be living here, homers so to speak. They aren’t people that over the years you’d find sat at Blundell Park year in and year out. They’ve probably spent more time at Premier League grounds enjoying hospitality than they have their hometown ground. But for me, their background of being from Grimsby is enough for them to be safe hands and custodians.

I haven't the time nor inclination to respond to every point you make in your lengthy post but felt the need to correct your claim above.

While I have no knowledge of Tom Schutes' or Jason Stockwood's affinity for GTFC, you're way off the money with Andrew Pettit. Andrew has been a season ticket holder for many a year and attends most home games. I've also seen him at plenty of away games over the years, including Histon away, so not just the big ones.

He also had an ambition of buying the club way before there was any talk of regeneration.

Please don't let the facts get in the way of your narrative though...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
Chrisblor
January 4, 2021, 1:12pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,933
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from Withnail

I haven't the time nor inclination to respond to every point you make in your lengthy post but felt the need to correct your claim above.

While I have no knowledge of Tom Schutes' or Jason Stockwood's affinity for GTFC, you're way off the money with Andrew Pettit. Andrew has been a season ticket holder for many a year and attends most home games. I've also seen him at plenty of away games over the years, including Histon away, so not just the big ones.

He also had an ambition of buying the club way before there was any talk of regeneration.

Please don't let the facts get in the way of your narrative though...

For Stockwood as well you can just look through his past tweets to see he's a proper town supporter:

Tweet 305328120465063936 will appear here...

Tweet 455001349995134976 will appear here...

Tweet 569185500961116160 will appear here...

So stick it in your pipe Boris & Phil, you sad masturbations.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
Green27
January 4, 2021, 1:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
What a waste of your life. Someone clearly didn’t have to go back to work today.  

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
Boris Johnson
January 4, 2021, 1:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Chrisblor

For Stockwood as well you can just look through his past tweets to see he's a proper town supporter:

Tweet 305328120465063936 will appear here...

Tweet 455001349995134976 will appear here...

Tweet 569185500961116160 will appear here...

So stick it in your pipe Boris & Phil, you sad masturbations.

I'll take no flipping lectures from you or anyone else on supporting this club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
MuddyWaters
January 4, 2021, 1:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
John Fenty invited a convicted fraudster (with multiple identities!) to watch our football club while we, the fans who've loyally stuck with the club, sat at home.

That's all you need to know.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
Boris Johnson
January 4, 2021, 1:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters
John Fenty invited a convicted fraudster (with multiple identities!) to watch our football club while we, the fans who've loyally stuck with the club, sat at home.

That's all you need to know.

I stand with Ollie
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
paul1717
January 4, 2021, 1:50pm
Coke Drinker
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +12

Me too.
Davec posts about an article in the 'Times' newspaper written by Gregor Robertson amplifying the unsavory goings on at the managerial level of GTFC.

Just 3 hours later  Fillipe Noche pops up with another one of his almost daily litany's, which in essence is just another regurgitation of his, I’ll tell you a story about JackaNory.

If one is above reproach in business dealings I would certainly feel uncomfortable having a JackaNory wordsmith trying to sing my moral excellence.  

Could it be in times of adversity keep your head down and create a distraction using whatever tool is available.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
Poojah
January 4, 2021, 2:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,667
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from gytone

STOCKWOOD FFS, How many more times can people get his name wrong.

Absolutely, the man has risen from a Grimsby council estate to become the CEO of one of the most impressively run businesses in the UK, and people can't be bothered to get his name right.

In Stockford we trust.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
Boris Johnson
January 4, 2021, 2:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

Absolutely, the man has risen from a Grimsby council estate to become the CEO of one of the most impressively run businesses in the UK, and people can't be bothered to get his name right.

In Stockford we trust.

Just listening to Rumours by Stockwood Mac
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
lew chaterleys lover
January 4, 2021, 2:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
So many things in this depressing episode are odd, but how odd is this?

The Monday after the story broke I was listening to the David Burns show, who was gunning for Fenty and wanted to know how it would affect his council position, and was more or less urging "ratepayers" as he kept calling them, to demand to know what was going on.

He kept saying he was trying to get various people to come and the show to talk about it, but had no luck with anyone from the club or the council.

He also said they were trying to get Mr May to come on to the show - I said good luck with that - as if he is going to come on!

Lo and behold a few minutes later the mysterious Mr May was indeed on the line, and spilled all the beans nicely into Burns' lap.

Before coming on, May knew the game was up; he knew there would be serious consequences for Fenty, especially in his council role, and he knew that his confirmation of what had been going on would be the final nail in the coffin.

It begs the question - why did he do a radio interview he had no need to?  What was his motive? The only logical conclusion I could draw was that he was happy to put the boot into Fenty, which said to me if your business partner, with his appalling track record of fraud and imprisonment, turns against you, then you really have got problems.

That was the moment I knew for sure Fenty was a busted flush. As someone said earlier, isn't it amazing that we have to thank a career criminal for saving our beloved Mariners? God its a strange old world.

PS I would also like to thank our new resident poster for allowing us to remember just what an appalling and disgusting episode this has been and for making sure we don't forget the chief protagonist in it all.  
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
friskneymariner
January 4, 2021, 2:56pm

Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
'Lay abed accursed and forever hold his manhood cheap' best quotation I can come up with.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 50
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
January 4, 2021, 3:05pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Poojah

In Stockford we trust.

Does anyone know which Grimsby council estate? I mean there's council estates and there's estates that have a few council houses on them. Was Fenty from a council estate?

Asking for a friend.

No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 50
forza ivano
January 4, 2021, 3:48pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Filipe Noche = discombobulator
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 50
BeijingMariner
January 4, 2021, 4:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from forza ivano
Filipe Noche = discombobulator

for your viewing and listening pleasure

for you reading pleasure

White Girl, market at Van Ness
Heels to drag, discombobulated
Air all soft around, hear the man singing
Inclines and wires, Telegraph Avenue
Look away and she's eastbound, out of sight
Dropped here by the hand of the Astronaut
Builder of the pyramids, the man from outer space
Innocent farmgirl raised by the aliens
Out in Northridge, out in the larger world
Look away and she's eastbound, out of sight
Up out of sight, white girl, white girl
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 33 - 50
KingstonMariner
January 4, 2021, 4:19pm
Meths Drinker

I'll take no flipping lectures from you or anyone else on supporting this club.

Lectures can be a good way of learning things. You ought to try it one day.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 50
KingstonMariner
January 4, 2021, 4:20pm
Meths Drinker

I stand with Ollie

Well intercourse off to Bath then

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 50
Tommy
January 4, 2021, 4:21pm
Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,866
Gold Stars: 76
I wonder when the Fenty "plants" on the Fishy and Twitter etc will stop posting such inaccurate and at times laughable rubbish whilst trying to stir questions and controversy around the new consortium.

Will they get fed up of it once the deal's gone through and stop posting?
Are they hoping to stir up some opposition to the takeover actually happening so that Honest John can keep control of the club?
Will they continue to post from from their anonymous yet clearly biased and connected accounts once the takeover is complete, just to have digs at the new owners and try and make us all see what a fantastic chairman/owner/dictator JF was?

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 50
KingstonMariner
January 4, 2021, 4:25pm
Meths Drinker
Actually they’re doing a pretty bad job of it Tommy. All the twerps are doing is keeping the issues fresh in everyone’s minds.

Maybe they’re double agents 😆

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 50
ginnywings
January 4, 2021, 4:38pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
History is written by the winning side.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 50
golfer
January 4, 2021, 4:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118

I saw him sat next to a chap called Lawson.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 50
tanga_the_indestructible
January 4, 2021, 4:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +655
Gold Stars: 5

Does anyone know which Grimsby council estate? I mean there's council estates and there's estates that have a few council houses on them. Was Fenty from a council estate?

Asking for a friend.

Nunsthorpe.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 50
grimsby pete
January 4, 2021, 4:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,827
Gold Stars: 222
When Jason took that video at the Barnet game he must have been sat near me.I

I wonder if he recognized me ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
pontoon442
January 4, 2021, 5:04pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: -256
Gold Stars: 5
Fentywash operation in play, its all Holloway's fault, Robertson at the Tory Telegraph fell for it too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 50
Honestjhonsbankbalance
January 4, 2021, 5:36pm
Shandy Drinker
Approval: +78
Gold Stars: 1
Lads been on that Twitter and could anyone answer does harry Clifton for our with jason stockwoods daughter or relation ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
forza ivano
January 4, 2021, 6:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,267
Gold Stars: 266
Lads been on that Twitter and could anyone answer does harry Clifton for our with jason stockwoods daughter or relation ?

i think       quote bish-bosh goal bojo liar uncle swindle pass business rich pound

well, it makes about as much sense as the post  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
TAGG
January 4, 2021, 6:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126

John Fenty..,
Genuinely has a love and passion for the club, John Fenty

Ian Holloway:
Another disastrous appointment by John Fenty

Alex May:
Con man who John Fenty introduced to the Club and N E Lincs Council

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Interesting times. i want Johns babies

There ye go bloke.
Got rid of most of the balderdash and edited the rest.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 50
RonMariner
January 4, 2021, 7:08pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,789
Gold Stars: 226
Where is FFS when you need him......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
moosey_club
January 4, 2021, 7:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294
hopes the consortium will continue Johns work......i fking dont or this time next year we will be staring at Conference North

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
moosey_club
January 4, 2021, 7:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,294

John Fenty..,

Ian Holloway:

Alex May:

Schutes Consortium:

Summary:

If Carlsberg did clowns ...

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
KingstonMariner
January 4, 2021, 9:54pm
Meths Drinker

Parlez vous  Anglais?
Sprechen Sie Englisch?
Puhutko Englantia?
pratar du engelska?
Lei parla inglese?
Вы говорите на английском?
هل تتكلم اللغة الإنجليزية

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
January 4, 2021, 10:51pm
Snakebite drinker

Nunsthorpe.

Cool Ta

Me too, sort of, until I was 10.

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 50
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Regeneration £££

Thread Rating

There have been 2 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.