30 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
January 2, 2021, 5:45pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,806
Gold Stars: 226
League table doesn't lie. This squad is just not good enough. Couldn't beat an egg.

Thank Christ Holloway has gone. At least now we have a chance.

But I think we need six new players. Everyone probably agrees that we need a couple of decent strikers and a couple of midfielders. But    I think we need a couple of defenders too.

Because Waterfall, Hendrie, and Pollack are not as awful as many of the rest, they look better by comparison. But we are so easy to score against and so lacking in pace at the back that the truth is that we need reinforcements there too.

Wouldn't be sorry to see any of the current squad out the door to be honest. Most of them are either too inexperienced, too old, too injury prone, too lazy or just crap.  Or all of the above.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 280 - 291
forza ivano
January 2, 2021, 5:49pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,280
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from jaf243
Opinions on Williams? Obviously had been a quality player pre-injury. Looks pretty anonymous when he comes on, with fairly poor/consistently low-loft deliveries. Sadly not showing to be the player I'd hoped , but maybe Hurst can get something out of him. Almost looks scared to challenge/be on the ball... Wonder if it's because of his broken leg?

Injuries often change players for one reason or another. Or, have we simply not seen him have enough of a run in the side to judge yet?

croft on RH said that when a new boss comes in you see players raise their game in response. Williams, and Tilley, were the only 2 to do that, albeit from very low bases. and yes he even made a tackle. having said that i would've thought that Hurst would expect him to be ashowing alead, to be a far more influential figure than he has been.

ps 1 other thing i noticed was Morais taking control of things on the pitch, directing players and being more vocal & demanding.Will he become captain?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 281 - 291
Grimal
January 2, 2021, 6:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from geir

Based on today`s performances I would say that these 4 should be shown the door:

Green.... obviously.
Rose. Not good enough - misses too many balls.
Hewitt. Despite the goal, I don`t think he cuts it. Too many mistakes.
Preston. No coincidence that teams like to attack on his side of the defence?

Don't agree regards Hewitt,I think he's been one of our better players in recent games.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 282 - 291
geir
January 2, 2021, 6:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +1,385
Quoted from Grimal

Don't agree regards Hewitt,I think he's been one of our better players in recent games.

Looking at the game today he wasn`t flattering himself, except for the goal, but he may be good for us in the long run if he ups his game a little.

Based on todays first half there should be question marks raised over Pollock too, but I guess he was a little bit nervous considering all the agents there to see him.
If he goes, I really do hope that we get a quick defender as an replacement.

My non-football related blog: http://geirmykl.wordpress.com/
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 283 - 291
Grimal
January 2, 2021, 6:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Quoted from geir

Looking at the game today he wasn`t flattering himself, except for the goal, but he may be good for us in the long run if he ups his game a little.

Based on todays first half there should be question marks raised over Pollock too, but I guess he was a little bit nervous considering all the agents there to see him.
If he goes, I really do hope that we get a quick defender as an replacement.

If there were agents watching Pollock today he surely hasn't done himself any favours.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 284 - 291
moosey_club
January 2, 2021, 6:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Grimal

Grovesie style goal today showed what we are missing in the position, a centre midfielder arriving at the right time. He only did that once really today, not sure if he had a slightly different brief as the game went on, as he seemed to be pushing up a bit more than he did first half. Overall though lacks the ball skills to be a complete midfielder and some of his challenges today were a bit lucky to escape without a yellow.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 285 - 291
Limerick Mariner
January 2, 2021, 6:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,730
Gold Stars: 138
Tilley looked better today. I don’t get what Williams adds - like the rest of IH’s more experienced signings he falls into the general category; sick note/ ex sick note and now not good enough / was never going to be good enough...

Hewitt is a valuable utility player for this level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 286 - 291
golfer
January 2, 2021, 7:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.29
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Hagrid
Im sure Boris Johnson is that vile fat cobra that got banned from here

He hasn't been on since he was banned for the simple reason that he is still in hospital after risking his life single- handedly rescuing 63 passengers from a sinking canoe off the coast of Goa. You ought to be ashamed of yourself Hagrid
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 287 - 291
lee65
January 2, 2021, 8:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Grimal

I agree about Hewitt, we actually looked better when he pushed further forward, as he does compete and is mobile.
True the clearance wasn’t great, but at least he was back there cutting the cross out and on another day it wouldn’t have fell so kindly (never mind the deflection wrong footing Russell) and wouldn’t have been costly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 288 - 291
lee65
January 2, 2021, 8:04pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,486
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from ginnywings
Think there was an element of Hurst having a look at players in this game, which is where having 5 subs allowed will help him and Doig assess things quicker. Tilley didn't do himself any favours: Green neither. Gibson could become a regular with a better partner and a bit of confidence. Hurst will have learned a bit today.

I agree re Gibson, he does have raw energy and potential, imagine him getting a run in a 442 next to a fit Hanson or similar player, I think he would quickly become a valuable Team asset
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 289 - 291
30 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cambridge (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.