This thread currently has 28,804 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Sammo
December 29, 2020, 6:54pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +171
For once Fenty has done the right thing, long overdue change,  pleased it hasn’t  dragged on into 2021 and it has been agreed.

Expect him to be back as deputy council leader before too long he won’t stay out of the public eye.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 158
Abdul19
December 29, 2020, 6:57pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
Came on here for team news and found this

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 158
BobbyCummingsTackle
December 29, 2020, 7:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,271
Gold Stars: 304
I don't think a new manager has to wait for the business to be transferred formally....

1. Fenty may have agreed that the day to day running of the club can pass to the new 'potential' owners subject to the final terms etc

or

2. A new manager doesn't have to be employed by the club, he could be employed by a 3rd party and put into the club as a consultant/contractor

or

3. A new manager is brought in by the club but his contract stipulates that if the deal falls through he can walk (assuming it's a 'he').

Or

4. The current board continues to run the club on a day to day basis but all major decisions (like a new manager) have to be signed off by the new owners. This also ensures continuity and a sensible handover when the deal is finalised.

I think 4 is the most likely.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 158
KingstonMariner
December 29, 2020, 7:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Sammo
For once Fenty has done the right thing, long overdue change,  pleased it hasn’t  dragged on into 2021 and it has been agreed.

Expect him to be back as deputy council leader before too long he won’t stay out of the public eye.

I don't think he's done the right thing. First of all there is the lack of responsibility taken for his decisions (i.e. loans to cover his losses), then there's the shares he weaselled out of the Trust. So he's done good business for himself, but not the right thing.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 158
EY Mariner
December 30, 2020, 12:51am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +865
Gold Stars: 5
Today has been a very good day for Grimsby Town Football Club. Yet I don't consider it a day for celebration, at least not until I know for certain that the deal has been completed. When I heard this afternoon that an agreement had been reached between the consortium and John Fenty, my overriding emotion was one of pure relief that good sense had finally prevailed. While I was prepared to do what was in my power to bring about change, I had also hoped and prayed that it would not be necessary.

What we have now, assuming everything goes smoothly over the coming weeks, is the chance of a fresh start. I don't expect the new owners to lead us to some sort of footballing promised land. None of us should. But there is much greater cause for hope about our future tonight than there has been over the last few days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 158
AndyDarloFC
December 30, 2020, 12:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Really pleased to hear that Fenty has finally agreed to sell his shares.

Hopefully with this new consortium coming in, we'll see promising changes and a rise up the table for you. It's the least you deserve after the endless years of shoddy treatment from a mis-managed board.

Good luck chaps - Hopefully it's a step forward for you!

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 135 - 158
KingstonMariner
December 30, 2020, 2:19pm
Meths Drinker
Cheers Andy. Good luck to Darlo on their rise back to the League. You’ve had more than your share of misfortunes and convicted felons involved in your club - think we just dodged that bullet - but your supporters have rallied around, worked hard and built from the ground up. Consequently you deserve the success.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 158
forza ivano
January 13, 2021, 10:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
Tweet 1349475598587097088 will appear here...

just a little update from the Trust
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 158
KingstonMariner
January 13, 2021, 10:51pm
Meths Drinker
That’s a good sign. One, it calms the nerves during this naturally quiet period in the process. Two, it shows the consortium realise the value of good supporter engagement to the club and to their investment.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 158
RonMariner
January 13, 2021, 11:14pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,671
Gold Stars: 226
Would it be possible to ask the Trust to speak with Fenty and request that he return the £200k shares they gifted him?

It seems a very reasonable and fair thing to do.

Surely there is no moral argument in favour of him keeping that £200k. That is money which could help to fund new players..    
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 158
16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › FENTY GONE

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.