Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Classic Threads  /  
Posted by: mariner1424, December 29, 2020, 2:49pm
Club just released a statement..... Deal is done!
Posted by: Hagrid, December 29, 2020, 2:50pm; Reply: 1
YES!!!!!!! Oh flipping brilliant!!! Well done you fans!!!
Posted by: Mariner John, December 29, 2020, 2:51pm; Reply: 2

A statement from the Chairman.

I have been informed that heads of terms have been agreed between John Fenty and the consortium for the sale of his shares and the repayment of his director's loans. There will be no further comment on the sale from either side until legal formalities have been completed and EFL approval has been obtained.
Posted by: Town Monkey, December 29, 2020, 2:51pm; Reply: 3
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2020/december/chairmans-statement---terms-agreed/

Happy New Year!
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, December 29, 2020, 2:52pm; Reply: 4
perhaps it's a hoax  ;D
Posted by: procrastinator, December 29, 2020, 2:52pm; Reply: 5
Brilliant Great news :) :) :) :) :)
Posted by: aldi_01, December 29, 2020, 2:53pm; Reply: 6
Could the club confirm this is a legitimate statement to allay any fears...
Posted by: Boris Johnson, December 29, 2020, 2:53pm; Reply: 7
Russel Slade to be appointed as parting gift....
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, December 29, 2020, 2:54pm; Reply: 8
Today is a good day...
Posted by: forza ivano, December 29, 2020, 2:54pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Boris Johnson
Russel Slade to be appointed as parting gift....

Unfortunately for WUM's like you, Paul Hurst had approached the consortium and should be on his way back
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, December 29, 2020, 2:54pm; Reply: 10
I am sooo happy, I could cry. We are finally getting our club back from the egotistical dictator.
Posted by: jungleland, December 29, 2020, 2:54pm; Reply: 11
Good stuff does that mean I can watch iFollow now
Posted by: Hagrid, December 29, 2020, 2:55pm; Reply: 12
This is brilliant news. Now we MUST sort it out on the pitch
Posted by: Macca_D, December 29, 2020, 2:56pm; Reply: 13
Free North Korea
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, December 29, 2020, 2:57pm; Reply: 14
Brilliant news
However, didn’t the Chairman issue several statements last week.
I am hopeful but will keep my brass till all the formalities are complete.
Let’s hope for better news on the pitch, starting tonight.
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, December 29, 2020, 2:58pm; Reply: 15
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSCGJJBBHJKNNNG!!!!!!
Posted by: TonySmith, December 29, 2020, 2:58pm; Reply: 16

I have been informed that heads of terms have been agreed between John Fenty and the consortium for the sale of his shares and the repayment of his directors loans. There will be no further comment on the sale from either side until legal formalities have been completed and EFL approval has been obtained.

Great news, but what exactly are "heads of terms?"
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, December 29, 2020, 3:00pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from TonySmith

I have been informed that heads of terms have been agreed between John Fenty and the consortium for the sale of his shares and the repayment of his directors loans. There will be no further comment on the sale from either side until legal formalities have been completed and EFL approval has been obtained.

It’s a bit like Brexit, no deal until it’s signed, and this time can we have more fish please.

Posted by: malkamalka, December 29, 2020, 3:01pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from TonySmith

More or less, the dot points of each section of the agreement.

(Not legally binding).
Posted by: Rick12, December 29, 2020, 3:01pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from forza ivano

Unfortunately for WUM's like you, Paul Hurst had approached the consortium and should be on his way back
I think the user Boris Johnston on here  is a nice enough  naïve young fan. Some of his posts I feel mean well yet others can be wide of the mark.
Posted by: GrimRob, December 29, 2020, 3:02pm; Reply: 20
Let's go flipping mental
Nah Nah Nah Na
Posted by: Chrisblor, December 29, 2020, 3:02pm; Reply: 21
Thought this day would never actually happen lads. Cracking open a beer right this very moment
Posted by: MuddyWaters, December 29, 2020, 3:03pm; Reply: 22
Well done everyone. Onwards and upwards. UTFMM! 🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
Posted by: Ipswin, December 29, 2020, 3:04pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from mariner1424
Club just released a statement..... Deal is done!

Never doubted it I predicted Monday but who cares? Its over for felicitations sake what is everyone going to post about now?

Posted by: jonnyboy82, December 29, 2020, 3:04pm; Reply: 24
Get the intercourse in!!!
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, December 29, 2020, 3:06pm; Reply: 25
Blessed relief. And to be honest a surprise. The pressure must have got to him.
Posted by: mimma, December 29, 2020, 3:06pm; Reply: 26
Should it be "Fenty going" then?
Posted by: BlackandWhiteBarmy2, December 29, 2020, 3:06pm; Reply: 27
I'm not celebrating until it actually happens.

Last week the departing manager and the club told us that Fenty had sold his shares, he hadn't.

It would be just like them to announce this then the EFL to strangely object.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, December 29, 2020, 3:07pm; Reply: 28
"New Owners" is the breaking news just announced on RH

Onwards and upwards

UTM ATAW GTID
Posted by: toontown, December 29, 2020, 3:07pm; Reply: 29
The witch is dead!
Posted by: Boris Johnson, December 29, 2020, 3:08pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from forza ivano

oh get a life you saddo, cant you take a joke?
Posted by: Poojah, December 29, 2020, 3:08pm; Reply: 31
Seminal moment in the club’s history. There may be more yet to come this season, but it feels like the shackles have been released.

What a year has this been. Hopefully 2021 will be an incredible year too, for entirely different and more positive reasons.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, December 29, 2020, 3:08pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from forza ivano

Now Fenty is going can Rob Scott come back with him ?     ;D ;D ;D

Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, December 29, 2020, 3:09pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from TonySmith

It's a short-form agreement, laying out in an edited form the main points of an agreement or contract.
Posted by: ginnywings, December 29, 2020, 3:09pm; Reply: 34
Walking up near the boating lake and stopped to take a picture of a double rainbow. Had a quick look at the fishy to see if there was any news and Wham! There it is. The rainbows have now gone and the sky has brightened.

Seems almost symbolic.
Posted by: GrimRob, December 29, 2020, 3:09pm; Reply: 35
Brexit done ☑️
Fenty gone ☑️
Covid vaccine ☑️
Trump departing ☑️

Could do with promotion and eternal life to add to the bucket list
Posted by: rancido, December 29, 2020, 3:11pm; Reply: 36
Hoo fu*king ray
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 29, 2020, 3:12pm; Reply: 37

The crowd are on the pitch, they think it's all over....it is now  (thumbup)
Posted by: ginnywings, December 29, 2020, 3:16pm; Reply: 38
Thank you John for stepping in when we needed money, and thank you for seeing the inevitable and selling up.

The 16 years or so in between, not so much.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, December 29, 2020, 3:16pm; Reply: 39
Brilliant news!!!!!!!

It’s obscene that he will be getting his money back, but at least he’ll be gone.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, December 29, 2020, 3:17pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from promotion plaice

The crowd are on the pitch, they think it's all over....it is now  (thumbup)

What about VAR

Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 29, 2020, 3:18pm; Reply: 41
Gobsmacked. Delighted. Not daring to believe it will happen.

This isn’t the end. It’s not even the beginning of the end. But the end of the beginning.

Also, I’m going to have to watch now 😂
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, December 29, 2020, 3:18pm; Reply: 42
Am I allowed to buy the Oldham game now?! Exciting times.
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, December 29, 2020, 3:19pm; Reply: 43
So from the mad cap Ollie show, sponsored by Fenty

to

potentially a fresh start with new owners and hopefully a new manager very soon...

All this in less than a week. Chaotic but fingers crossed I like the way things are progressing thus far.
Posted by: dicko995, December 29, 2020, 3:19pm; Reply: 44
As Delboy would say, "Weve only gone and done it, next year were gonna be millionaires"
Posted by: LH, December 29, 2020, 3:20pm; Reply: 45
I’ll wait for the ink to dry before I celebrate but this strange non-miserable feeling is strange.
Posted by: Skipton mariner, December 29, 2020, 3:21pm; Reply: 46
I think the consortium’s statement was the final nail in the coffin. Seminal day in the history of our great football club. I just hope we can hang on to our football league status this season given the mess that the new owners have been left to deal with.
Posted by: Bedlington_mariner, December 29, 2020, 3:22pm; Reply: 47
' EFL approval has been obtained.'

This is the bit that worries me.......................................
Posted by: Ipswin, December 29, 2020, 3:22pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from dicko995
As Delboy would say, "Weve only gone and done it, next year were gonna be millionaires"

John Fenty's the millionaire

Mind you unless something is done very quickly we could be the richest team in the Conference
Posted by: forza ivano, December 29, 2020, 3:23pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from Boris Johnson

oh get a life you saddo, cant you take a joke?

not when the poster is a prize D.ick Head
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, December 29, 2020, 3:24pm; Reply: 50
It's been a difficult few weeks for everyone. excrement flung from both sides, some fair and some probably unfair but one thing is certain, whatever side of the fence any of us sat on, this heralds a new start for everyone.

Up The flipping Mariners.
Posted by: rancido, December 29, 2020, 3:25pm; Reply: 51
It may now make it easier to get a new manager and recruit players.
Posted by: heppy88, December 29, 2020, 3:26pm; Reply: 52
Just heard the news. What a great end to a crappy year! Seriously, this is fantastic news. The first ever post I put on the fishy was 4th May 2014 after town failed to get in the playoff final. It was an anti Fenty post. It was plain to see then that he was failing the club. Six years on he continued to fail the club and community. But now his reign is finally over. Words cannot describe the joy I’m currently feeling and to top it off the potential of Shutes, Stockwood and Petit owning our club fills me with belief and hope for our future. Watch out everyone, here comes THE MIGHTY MARINERS!!!!!!!!!!  
Posted by: Ipswin, December 29, 2020, 3:26pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from rancido

Depends how much the new lot are willing to pay

Posted by: exiledmeggie, December 29, 2020, 3:28pm; Reply: 54
Well I bet Ollie is kicking his cat, because of what could have been?
Posted by: pontoonlew, December 29, 2020, 3:28pm; Reply: 55
Have avoided the fishy for a bit whilst this has gone on, the thought of this not happening genuinely knocked me for six and I feared for the club.

But what a wonderful bit of news this is, flipping delighted and what a historic day this could prove to be for the club.

Up the bloody Mariners
Posted by: psgmariner, December 29, 2020, 3:29pm; Reply: 56
I’ve been told to look out for another announcement later today
Posted by: headingly_mariner, December 29, 2020, 3:30pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from psgmariner
I’ve been told to look out for another announcement later today

Hurst?
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, December 29, 2020, 3:30pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from rancido

You bet
Ollies phone would have been melting......
Posted by: MarinerGaz, December 29, 2020, 3:31pm; Reply: 59
Great news, pinching myself!
Posted by: RonMariner, December 29, 2020, 3:31pm; Reply: 60
Great news, and just in time.

Now we have to get a management team in place asap (Cowleys please!).

Then we have to give them the funds to bring in half a dozen decent players in January to steer us well clear of the drop zone. i.e. players you actually have to pay for, not freebies that no one else wants. Though there is one free agent probably worth approaching, Ched Evans.

OK, Ok, I know about the baggage and in an ideal world we would pass. But we are desperate and he would score a hatful in L2. So be merciful with the red crosses!
Posted by: rancido, December 29, 2020, 3:32pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from Ipswin

Depends how much the new lot are willing to pay

I wasn't thinking on those lines. It is obvious that from recent revelations that JSF had been less than honest with players and managers contracts. He could easily have acquired a reputation in the football  world for his antics. It's quite possible that "trust" comes back in all our dealings.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 29, 2020, 3:32pm; Reply: 62
Hopefully some of the deadwood that is claiming a wage at the club will soon disappear too
Posted by: Cricklewoodmariner, December 29, 2020, 3:32pm; Reply: 63
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), December 29, 2020, 3:35pm; Reply: 64
Fecking magic!!!!  Never thought this day would come.  Hope the new owners get a CEO in who knows his football and a decent manager too!!  UTM!!!!
Posted by: Yoda, December 29, 2020, 3:41pm; Reply: 65
Best news all year the millstone has left the club.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, December 29, 2020, 3:41pm; Reply: 66
I’m so happy I could cry !!
Let’s hope that this is the corner turned and GTFC returns to the club it was .

( but with a new ground please new owners !! )
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, December 29, 2020, 3:44pm; Reply: 67
Thankyou to Schutes, Stockwood and Petit for not giving up. Shows the passion they have already for our football club as it would of been so easy to walk away after having there name dragged through the mud by Day and Fenty. I fully believe we are on the up. #UTM
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, December 29, 2020, 3:46pm; Reply: 68
"Smiling like a cheshire cat." ;D  2020 signing off with some happier, welcome news. :)

"The hairs on my neck are standing up!"  ;D
Posted by: promotion plaice, December 29, 2020, 3:46pm; Reply: 69
Posted by: gaz57, December 29, 2020, 3:47pm; Reply: 70
I've been shielding since March and the landlord is selling the house making us homeless but I couldn't be happier right now.UTMM 😊😁😃😄
Posted by: wuffing, December 29, 2020, 3:50pm; Reply: 71
ANDREW  PETITS BLACK AND WHITE SAUSAGES... ;D
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, December 29, 2020, 3:51pm; Reply: 72
Feels like a massive weight has been lifted from us, finally unshackled from a 17 year reign of terror!
Posted by: Teesknees, December 29, 2020, 3:57pm; Reply: 73
I've got the same fantastic feeling I get when I've had a really good sh*it, a sh*it that's taken maybe 3 days to get rid of it! Even though it takes 3 or 4 flushes to send it off, it goes in the end! The only unknown bit is how much sh its been left behind to wipe away!
Posted by: Ipswin, December 29, 2020, 4:00pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from rancido

I wasn't thinking on those lines. It is obvious that from recent revelations that JSF had been less than honest with players and managers contracts. He could easily have acquired a reputation in the football  world for his antics. It's quite possible that "trust" comes back in all our dealings.

Maybe so but in the end its money in terms of how much we will pay in transfer fees and wages that will determine who comes to GTFC

We will still be playing in a decrepit old stadium (and many players will be retired from the game before the new one is ready) on the very  edge of the country

The new owners might be a more attractive prospect but in football money rules, lets hope they get the cash out!

Posted by: Ipswin, December 29, 2020, 4:02pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from Nelly GTFC

"The hairs on my neck are standing up!"  ;D

I seem to recall a similar feeling throughout the fans and the club a year ago when one Ian Holloway arrived ;)
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, December 29, 2020, 4:05pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from Ipswin

Maybe so but in the end its money in terms of how much we will pay in transfer fees and wages that will determine who comes to GTFC

We will still be playing in a decrepit old stadium (and many players will be retired from the game before the new one is ready) on the very  edge of the country

The new owners might be a more attractive prospect but in football money rules, lets hope they get the cash out!

Forever the optimist
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 29, 2020, 4:09pm; Reply: 77
I spend hours on here waiting for news like this and I go out do my daily one mile run return a hour later and we are on page eight already.

(groupwave)(groupwave1)(groupwave)(100)(wine)(wine)
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, December 29, 2020, 4:10pm; Reply: 78
Seen a few “Get Fenty Back” signs around town.  Presumably, we can put them in the rubbish as they are already outdated and no longer fit for purpose?
Posted by: Ipswin, December 29, 2020, 4:10pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Forever the optimist

Without stealing another poster's non-de-plume I'm a realist

Decent players aren't going to come to BP simply because Fenty has gone and a new firm has taken over. Its still about money even you know that.

Posted by: IlkleyMariner, December 29, 2020, 4:12pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from grimsby pete
I spend hours on here waiting for news like this and I go out do my daily one mile run return a hour later and we are on page eight already.

I’m sure you can run faster than 1 mph.
If not you might pass Ollies run test.

Posted by: blundellpork, December 29, 2020, 4:13pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from Ipswin

Decent players aren't going to come to BP simply because Fenty has gone and a new firm has taken over. Its still about money even you know that.

You mean that we aren’t going to be playing in the Champions League within 3 years? Boo, (insert latest villain) Out!
Posted by: rancido, December 29, 2020, 4:13pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from Ipswin

I know what you mean but if the same wage was offered by GTFC under JSF and another club then JSF's "reputation" cold be a deciding factor. The Consortium have already said that a new ground is in their plans for  a larger development in Grimsby - that in itself brings optimism and attraction. Their first test will be who they get as manager and what they changes are made to the current Board.
Posted by: SpudUDontLike, December 29, 2020, 4:14pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from Ipswin

Never doubted it I predicted Monday but who cares? Its over for felicitations sake what is everyone going to post about now?

Well we did all try to tell you that was a mistake...

flipping brilliant news at the end of a shockingly awful year.
Posted by: hheh2, December 29, 2020, 4:15pm; Reply: 84
So do these new owners have lots of moneys then Paul Hurst Black White army with some money behind it could work not paying the players their worth has always been our downfall
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, December 29, 2020, 4:15pm; Reply: 85
Quoted from Ipswin

You're right. I'm pleased Fenty is going, but we remain second favourites for relegation. I hope the news guys have some immediate ideas or we're just celebrating a different guy signing the wage slips each month.
Posted by: Ipswin, December 29, 2020, 4:16pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from blundellpork

You mean that we aren’t going to be playing in the Champions League within 3 years? Boo, (insert latest villain) Out!

You can bet your life there are some on here daft enough to think we might!
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, December 29, 2020, 4:19pm; Reply: 87
Quoted from Ipswin

And you are absolutely right, no one can deny it.

Better league 2 players demand better money, it is as simple as that. All this about Grimsby not being able to attract players because of location, motorway links and all the rest will disappear* when we offer good money to the main men in the team.

*Or at least be no more important than other league 2 clubs.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, December 29, 2020, 4:20pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from Ipswin

Even you ?!!
Ooohhh handbags at the ready !
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, December 29, 2020, 4:20pm; Reply: 89
Quoted from grimsby pete

I think the bigger news here is that you run at 1mph Pete. it may be quicker to walk  ;)
Posted by: MarinerMal, December 29, 2020, 4:21pm; Reply: 90
Quoted from GrimRob
Brexit done ☑️
Fenty gone ☑️
Covid vaccine ☑️
Trump departing ☑️

Well 3 out of 4 ain't bad  ;)

Fenty going is by far the best news of the year.

It will take a while but this club can begin to purge itself of the poison that was Fenty and heal.

UTM
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, December 29, 2020, 4:22pm; Reply: 91

It's a short-form agreement, laying out in an edited form the main points of an agreement or contract.
or something written in plain English that everyone can understand that lawyers translate into something only other lawyers can understand, charging vast fees at the same time.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, December 29, 2020, 4:23pm; Reply: 92
Quoted from MarinerMal

Well 3 out of 4 ain't bad  ;)

You want to be vaccinated, surely?
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, December 29, 2020, 4:25pm; Reply: 93
Quoted from Ipswin

Toilets at Blundell Park; always the go to moan when there is nothing else...even when we are not there queueing for them.
Posted by: forza ivano, December 29, 2020, 4:27pm; Reply: 94
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Hopefully some of the deadwood that is claiming a wage at the club will soon disappear too

think that goes without saying with Hurst in charge. Was told that he'd  approached the Holy trinity saying he wanted to come back
Posted by: Tigerman, December 29, 2020, 4:29pm; Reply: 95
Won't celebrate until confirmed but praying for a better year ahead for the Mariners, decisions made in January will determine whether Town will still be playing in League Two next season.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, December 29, 2020, 4:31pm; Reply: 96
Quoted from GrimRob
Brexit done ☑️
Fenty gone ☑️
Covid vaccine ☑️
Trump departing ☑️

Be nice if JSF took his money and bought Scunthorpe or Lincoln...
Posted by: Eastendmariner, December 29, 2020, 4:32pm; Reply: 97
pure joy

NEW TOILETS IN THE LOWER SMITHS
Posted by: Honestjhonsbankbalance, December 29, 2020, 4:32pm; Reply: 98
Just told the wife we have won the lottery then she punched me when I told her the club had been sold i cannot quiet believe it's happening. but hopefully with Hurst in and a few decent signings we can escape relegation which is a real possibility if we don't be careful also would love to see john McDermott back in some capacity as the way he's been treated over the years by the buffoon in charge is criminal given what he did for our club over 17 years onwards and upwards here's to the holy trinity and the future UTM 8) 8) 8)
Posted by: forza ivano, December 29, 2020, 4:33pm; Reply: 99
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
or something written in plain English that everyone can understand that lawyers translate to into something only other lawyers can understand, charging vast fees at the same time.

there is just 1 potential fly in the ointment

it has been intimated that Fenty wouldn't allow the Holy Trinity's accountants to look over the books. I just hope there are no skeletons hiding in the cupboard that Fenty neglected to tell them about.

Posted by: buckstown, December 29, 2020, 4:34pm; Reply: 100
Just checking cos I haven't actually seen names anywhere. It's not the Dodds/Kapikanya consortium is it?
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, December 29, 2020, 4:37pm; Reply: 101
Quoted from forza ivano

there is just 1 potential fly in the ointment

it has been intimated that Fenty wouldn't allow the Holy Trinity's accountants to look over the books. I just hope there are no skeletons hiding in the cupboard that Fenty neglected to tell them about.

That is more a problem for Fenty, isn't it??!
Posted by: forza ivano, December 29, 2020, 4:41pm; Reply: 102

That is more a problem for Fenty, isn't it??!

not if the problems were such that the consortium felt unable to proceed. hopefully everything will be fine and dandy (it is a plc after all )

ps not posts from Felipe noche,pen penfras, getyourfactsright or fishy fishytails expressing their delight at the news.strange that
Posted by: kingster72, December 29, 2020, 4:42pm; Reply: 103
Does anyone know how long it takes for EFL approval?  Finger's crossed its as quick as Mickey Boulding  :)
Posted by: buckstown, December 29, 2020, 4:43pm; Reply: 104
I'm guessing if these guys aren't football men a new CEO will be in the pipeline. Did I see Dean Holdsworth mentioned somewhere?
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, December 29, 2020, 4:44pm; Reply: 105
I’ve just gone out to the shop to celebrate. Mad fool that I am, bought the mrs a new Brillo pad and everything
Posted by: Mikey_345, December 29, 2020, 4:52pm; Reply: 106
My Mrs when I told her “thank f*** for that - you can stop randomly telling me fenty out at the end of sentences now”

Great news, hopefully we can now all move forward.
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 29, 2020, 4:59pm; Reply: 107
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

I’m sure you can run faster than 1 mph.
If not you might pass Ollies run test.

To be honest I do walk to the green and my dog runs 10 miles then we both come home knackered .
Posted by: grimsby pete, December 29, 2020, 5:00pm; Reply: 108
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

I think the bigger news here is that you run at 1mph Pete. it may be quicker to walk  ;)

I do break into a walk sometimes Marc.
Posted by: BlackandWhiteBarmy2, December 29, 2020, 5:02pm; Reply: 109
Quoted from Ipswin

You can bet your life there are some on here daft enough to think we might!

Nah. Wikkers doesn't post here anymore.

Posted by: Simon, December 29, 2020, 5:03pm; Reply: 110
Brilliant news today is a good day  8)
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, December 29, 2020, 5:12pm; Reply: 111
Hallefuckinglujah! The worst year in history and now, at long, long last, some hope. UTM
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, December 29, 2020, 5:15pm; Reply: 112
Although I am not planning to officially celebrate until everything is finalised, I am planning to have a warm up trial celebration.

I am testing a very nice white wine in the build up until teams are announced.
Then a few hand crafted lagers till kickoff
A nice red wine until we concede the first goal.
If we look like getting a win or a draw I’ll continue with nice red wine
If we look like losing, I have a nice Polish vodka called Bison Grass. After a few of those I won’t remember the result anyway.
Time to sober up before January 2 when we take on Cambridge with a new manager and hopefully can watch on iFollow with confidence

Happy 2021
Posted by: pizzzza, December 29, 2020, 5:18pm; Reply: 113
A complete list of good things to happen in 2020:

1. Fenty gone
Posted by: Spurn boy, December 29, 2020, 5:23pm; Reply: 114
I spent £20 on the euro lotto this afternoon in the hope I might win enough to buy Fenty’s shares, what am I going to do with my potential winnings now ?
Posted by: blundellpork, December 29, 2020, 5:27pm; Reply: 115
Quoted from Spurn boy
I spent £20 on the euro lotto this afternoon in the hope I might win enough to buy Fenty’s shares, what am I going to do with my potential winnings now ?

Build a new training ground?
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, December 29, 2020, 5:28pm; Reply: 116
Quoted from Spurn boy

Welcome Spurnboy. U r off to a good start. Hope u contribution and feedback is successful
Please be aware of recent troll activity which has made some of us nervous

The only way is up
Posted by: Spurn boy, December 29, 2020, 5:54pm; Reply: 117
Definitely not a troll, followed the mariners from the early 80’s but not been to a game for a few years now although members of my family are season ticket holders. Lost interest in going to watch Town during the Fenty era so hoping things will improve with the new consortium. UTM
Posted by: Teestogreen, December 29, 2020, 5:56pm; Reply: 118
Fenty gone - means Fenty gone.

Perhaps I haven’t had chance to catch up but how is the new consortium to merge with the existing board - or not?
Posted by: Tommy, December 29, 2020, 6:01pm; Reply: 119
What happens to Phillip Day once the takeover is complete?
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, December 29, 2020, 6:02pm; Reply: 120
He goes
Posted by: Davec, December 29, 2020, 6:05pm; Reply: 121
How long would it take to go through all the legal formalties and make it all offical? I guess 2-4 weeks?
Posted by: mariner91, December 29, 2020, 6:06pm; Reply: 122
Posted by: HertsGTFC, December 29, 2020, 6:09pm; Reply: 123
Quoted from Davec
How long would it take to go through all the legal formalties and make it all offical? I guess 2-4 weeks?

I work in a business where we we transfer ownership of shares brining new directors as departing ones exit. Once HOT are agreed we can turn them around in 3 weeks at a push.
Posted by: RonMariner, December 29, 2020, 6:14pm; Reply: 124
if it takes 3 weeks top conclude the deal then it is imperative that the managerial appointment is made before then, otherwise it is unlikely that the new manger can bring in the players we need during what would remain of the January window.  
Posted by: golfer, December 29, 2020, 6:24pm; Reply: 125
Blub,blub,blub  I don't think he likes us.
Posted by: 137 (Guest), December 29, 2020, 6:31pm; Reply: 126
This may be the happiest flaccid moment of my life...
Posted by: TAGG, December 29, 2020, 6:36pm; Reply: 127
Get in
Just got home from work to this great news.
Onward and upward.

Town can be great again.
UTM
Posted by: OneLove, December 29, 2020, 6:38pm; Reply: 128
What an absolute buzz, lets all have a disco nah nah nah nah
Posted by: TAGG, December 29, 2020, 6:38pm; Reply: 129
Quoted from Tommy
What happens to Phillip Day once the takeover is complete?

Climbs back into Fentys pocket and felicitations off into oblivion with him.
Posted by: Sammo, December 29, 2020, 6:54pm; Reply: 130
For once Fenty has done the right thing, long overdue change,  pleased it hasn’t  dragged on into 2021 and it has been agreed.

Expect him to be back as deputy council leader before too long he won’t stay out of the public eye.
Posted by: Abdul19, December 29, 2020, 6:57pm; Reply: 131
Came on here for team news and found this (100)(100)(100)(100)(100)(100)(100)(100)(100)(100)
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, December 29, 2020, 7:06pm; Reply: 132
I don't think a new manager has to wait for the business to be transferred formally....

1. Fenty may have agreed that the day to day running of the club can pass to the new 'potential' owners subject to the final terms etc

or

2. A new manager doesn't have to be employed by the club, he could be employed by a 3rd party and put into the club as a consultant/contractor

or

3. A new manager is brought in by the club but his contract stipulates that if the deal falls through he can walk (assuming it's a 'he').

Or

4. The current board continues to run the club on a day to day basis but all major decisions (like a new manager) have to be signed off by the new owners. This also ensures continuity and a sensible handover when the deal is finalised.

I think 4 is the most likely.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 29, 2020, 7:53pm; Reply: 133
Quoted from Sammo
For once Fenty has done the right thing, long overdue change,  pleased it hasn’t  dragged on into 2021 and it has been agreed.

Expect him to be back as deputy council leader before too long he won’t stay out of the public eye.

I don't think he's done the right thing. First of all there is the lack of responsibility taken for his decisions (i.e. loans to cover his losses), then there's the shares he weaselled out of the Trust. So he's done good business for himself, but not the right thing.
Posted by: EY Mariner, December 30, 2020, 12:51am; Reply: 134
Today has been a very good day for Grimsby Town Football Club. Yet I don't consider it a day for celebration, at least not until I know for certain that the deal has been completed. When I heard this afternoon that an agreement had been reached between the consortium and John Fenty, my overriding emotion was one of pure relief that good sense had finally prevailed. While I was prepared to do what was in my power to bring about change, I had also hoped and prayed that it would not be necessary.

What we have now, assuming everything goes smoothly over the coming weeks, is the chance of a fresh start. I don't expect the new owners to lead us to some sort of footballing promised land. None of us should. But there is much greater cause for hope about our future tonight than there has been over the last few days.
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, December 30, 2020, 12:59pm; Reply: 135
Really pleased to hear that Fenty has finally agreed to sell his shares.

Hopefully with this new consortium coming in, we'll see promising changes and a rise up the table for you. It's the least you deserve after the endless years of shoddy treatment from a mis-managed board.

Good luck chaps - Hopefully it's a step forward for you!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, December 30, 2020, 2:19pm; Reply: 136
Cheers Andy. Good luck to Darlo on their rise back to the League. You’ve had more than your share of misfortunes and convicted felons involved in your club - think we just dodged that bullet - but your supporters have rallied around, worked hard and built from the ground up. Consequently you deserve the success.
Posted by: forza ivano, January 13, 2021, 10:15pm; Reply: 137
Tweet 1349475598587097088 will appear here...

just a little update from the Trust
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 13, 2021, 10:51pm; Reply: 138
That’s a good sign. One, it calms the nerves during this naturally quiet period in the process. Two, it shows the consortium realise the value of good supporter engagement to the club and to their investment.
Posted by: RonMariner, January 13, 2021, 11:14pm; Reply: 139
Would it be possible to ask the Trust to speak with Fenty and request that he return the £200k shares they gifted him?

It seems a very reasonable and fair thing to do.

Surely there is no moral argument in favour of him keeping that £200k. That is money which could help to fund new players..    
Posted by: DB, January 13, 2021, 11:32pm; Reply: 140
Quoted from RonMariner
Would it be possible to ask the Trust to speak with Fenty and request that he return the £200k shares they gifted him?

It seems a very reasonable and fair thing to do.

Surely there is no moral argument in favour of him keeping that £200k. That is money which could help to fund new players..    

He doesn't have any morals, just a spread sheet
Posted by: cannylad68, January 14, 2021, 10:08am; Reply: 141
It would be interesting to see what the reaction would be.
Posted by: RonMariner, January 14, 2021, 10:11am; Reply: 142
I think the Trust should formally ask the question.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, January 14, 2021, 10:53am; Reply: 143
An interesting line in the minutes from the trust meeting that were put out suggests that Alan Rutter often attends GTFC board meetings alongside the two Trust board members.
Posted by: heppy88, January 14, 2021, 11:02am; Reply: 144
As previously agreed in another thread Alan is another of Fenty's stooges. Total clearout required.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, January 14, 2021, 11:06am; Reply: 145
intercourse me sideways.I’m doing a livestream disco tonight, in my Town shirt, and West Country ciders. Could get messy
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, January 14, 2021, 11:30am; Reply: 146
Please can we stop bumping this thread

I keep thinking He has actually gone
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 14, 2021, 12:04pm; Reply: 147
Can the thread title be changed to ‘Fenty’s going, subject to contract, tell me Ma, me Ma to put the Champagne on ice, the new ground’s by the Factory Ice’
Posted by: Croxton, January 14, 2021, 12:12pm; Reply: 148
Quoted from headingly_mariner
An interesting line in the minutes from the trust meeting that were put out suggests that Alan Rutter often attends GTFC board meetings alongside the two Trust board members.

'A riddle wrapped up in a mystery inside an enigma'    
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 14, 2021, 1:09pm; Reply: 149
Quoted from Croxton

'A riddle wrapped up in a mystery inside an enigma'    

Are you saying Rutter is like Molotov?
Posted by: WesternMariner, January 14, 2021, 9:34pm; Reply: 150
Quoted from KingstonMariner

More like Bollockov
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 14, 2021, 9:40pm; Reply: 151
Quoted from WesternMariner

More like Bollockov

I thought Bollockov was Russian for Hitler
Posted by: Croxton, January 15, 2021, 9:44am; Reply: 152
Quoted from KingstonMariner

If he manages to survive in any formal capacity within spitting distance of The Board then quite possibly. I was thinking more of the situation rather than the man. He may be a useful ' continuity with change' figure but the parallels with the post Stalin era are less than comfortable.
Churchill (thanks Wiki) had the job of trying to second guess what Molotov was up to. As part of Kruschev's team he was very defensive of Stalin's rule.

Thanks for reminding me of the only watchable TV over New Year.  'The Death of Stalin.'
Posted by: Knut Anders Fosters Voles, January 15, 2021, 10:40am; Reply: 153
Quoted from Croxton

Thanks for reminding me of the only watchable TV over New Year.  'The Death of Stalin.'

Armando Ianucci is a genius isn’t he?

I wanted to see ‘The Death of Stalin’ when it was released but the thought of going to a cinema brought back memories of terrible dates, sloppy tongues revolving like warp speed Zanussi washing machines and finding bits of popcorn in my pants for the next week.

I was a bit disappointed on first watch. I’ve watched it four times since on iPlayer and it’s got better each time.

It’ll never be quite as good as early Partridge, The Day Today or The Thick of It / In The Loop but it was definitely the best bit of TV over Christmas.

Posted by: Rodley Mariner, January 15, 2021, 10:44am; Reply: 154
The Personal History of David Copperfield is great as well with the bonus of the reaction of a certain demographic to a brown Copperfield.
Posted by: ginnywings, January 15, 2021, 11:26am; Reply: 155
Veep is also excellent, especially if you wanted more of the Thick of It.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, January 15, 2021, 11:38am; Reply: 156
Quoted from Croxton

If he manages to survive in any formal capacity within spitting distance of The Board then quite possibly. I was thinking more of the situation rather than the man. He may be a useful ' continuity with change' figure but the parallels with the post Stalin era are less than comfortable.
Churchill (thanks Wiki) had the job of trying to second guess what Molotov was up to. As part of Kruschev's team he was very defensive of Stalin's rule.

At the risk of this getting shifted to non-football, I enjoyed the Death of Stalin too. I don’t know much about Molotov. Didn’t realise that he lived into the 80s. So I see what you mean about being  a survivor.

All I knew of was his infamous pact with von Ribbentrop, and inspiring  the Finns to name the improvised incendiary device after him because he was a big fat liar! 😁

Posted by: Sandford1981, January 15, 2021, 11:50am; Reply: 157
The death of Stalin is hilarious.
Criminally (in film terms obviously) underrated.
Jason Isaacs role and performance had me in stitches.
Posted by: RonMariner, January 15, 2021, 12:16pm; Reply: 158
Quoted from Sandford1981
The death of Stalin is hilarious.
Criminally (in film terms obviously) underrated.
Jason Isaacs role and performance had me in stitches.

Indeed. Love when he first walks in and says 'What's war hero got to do to get a drink around here?'
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 2:52pm