Private Message
mimma
December 14, 2020, 3:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Ollie has a team to prepare, which is why he is staying out of it. Don't blame him.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 78
heppy88
December 14, 2020, 3:22pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
But he is on the board. So he MUST have known.
Why is he immune to any criticism.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 78
MNH1972
December 14, 2020, 3:26pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +215
Gold Stars: 5
He won’t be chuffed , he’s just lost his January transfer budget !!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 78
Ipswin
December 14, 2020, 3:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I see this as important as Day's role, Mr Nice but Eccentric needs to come out and tell us if he knew and if he did I would value his take on it (however disjointed and incomprehensible it is likely to be) Is he totally clean? As a member of the board he can't hide behind the 'I just manage the team' he must have a position on this.

Unless of course he's saving it up as a new excuse ('the thoughts of the team were all all over the place after the May incident') for when Southend beat us tomorrow

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 78
TwoLeftFeet
December 14, 2020, 3:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,097
Gold Stars: 19
Personally never been comfortable with the manager being on the board.. bet he wishes he wasn't now
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 78
davmariner
December 14, 2020, 3:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,959
Gold Stars: 79
I’m not fan of Holloway but I think he should be kept out of this. What I’m more concerned about is his repeated claims that we are a well run club. Corner cutting does not equate to being well run.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 78
Ipswin
December 14, 2020, 3:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet
Personally never been comfortable with the manager being on the board.. bet he wishes he wasn't now

Bet he's glad he hasn't put in the money he initially promised yet

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 78
chipsandgravy
December 14, 2020, 3:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,630
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from Ipswin
I see this as important as Day's role, Mr Nice but Eccentric needs to come out and tell us if he knew and if he did I would value his take on it (however disjointed and incomprehensible it is likely to be) Is he totally clean? As a member of the board he can't hide behind the 'I just manage the team' he must have a position on this.

Unless of course he's saving it up as a new excuse ('the thoughts of the team were all all over the place after the May incident') for when Southend beat us tomorrow

Any opportunity eh? Your all over this board like a rash at the moment arent you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 78
lew chaterleys lover
December 14, 2020, 3:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Ollie deserves every ounce of sympathy we can muster having set sail with this owner. He did not seem to understand the mess John Fenty has made of GTFC but absolutely none of it is Ollies fault.

Of course he has had to put the best gloss on it that he can, as he is trying to put the club in the best possible light, but it is vital we do not turn on the manager to turn this into a catastrophe.

In fact I think we should absolutely get behind Ollie and the players more than ever before and retain out league status whilst making every effort to get Fenty and Co. out.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 78
Ipswin
December 14, 2020, 4:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Ollie deserves every ounce of sympathy we can muster having set sail with this owner. He did not seem to understand the mess John Fenty has made of GTFC but absolutely none of it is Ollies fault.

Of course he has had to put the best gloss on it that he can, as he is trying to put the club in the best possible light, but it is vital we do not turn on the manager to turn this into a catastrophe.

In fact I think we should absolutely get behind Ollie and the players more than ever before and retain out league status whilst making every effort to get Fenty and Co. out.

I agree with all of that but surely as a board member Holloway must be asked what he knew about it. I've no doubt he has an opinion too which I don't expect he will be able to state publicly

Private Message
Reply: 10 - 78
MuddyWaters
December 14, 2020, 4:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236

I’m sure that, given the opportunity, the fans will express their support of the manager and players in the right way. We need to show him that the real strength of the club is the fan base.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 78
RichMariner
December 14, 2020, 4:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,146
Gold Stars: 209
Ollie's focus is the team and I understand that. But from the very start what attracted him to this club was that things would work differently — he'd invest £100k and have a position on the board.

You can't want to be on the board and then have selective hearing. He might be excused for being ignorant of what's been going on around him — maybe he knew, maybe he didn't — but he's not immune from criticism.

Ignorance is not an excuse. If he knew about Fenty's relationship with May, and what financial gain that may have brought, then he is involved.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 12 - 78
Mikey_345
December 14, 2020, 4:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,521
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted from Boris Johnson
What did he know.

Simple question Holloway, lets have an answer please

No he doesn't lets leave him to concentrate on his task on the pitch. Direct your anger (the same i have) at others who deserve it!

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 78
Ipswin
December 14, 2020, 4:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Mikey_345

No he doesn't lets leave him to concentrate on his task on the pitch. Direct your anger (the same i have) at others who deserve it!

The board of Grimsby Twon Football Club you mean?

Private Message
Reply: 14 - 78
lew chaterleys lover
December 14, 2020, 4:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from RichMariner
Ollie's focus is the team and I understand that. But from the very start what attracted him to this club was that things would work differently — he'd invest £100k and have a position on the board.

You can't want to be on the board and then have selective hearing. He might be excused for being ignorant of what's been going on around him — maybe he knew, maybe he didn't — but he's not immune from criticism.

Ignorance is not an excuse. If he knew about Fenty's relationship with May, and what financial gain that may have brought, then he is involved.

I don't think for a minute Fenty would have sat Ollie down and told him he was a business partner of a convicted fraudster of the elderly. You just don't do you?

In the unlikely event Holloway did know, what was he supposed to do about it?  Walk away from a project that he has just started??
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 78
lew chaterleys lover
December 14, 2020, 4:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Talking of which, the radio said there was a board meeting this afternoon. I wonder what they chatted about?  
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 78
Mikey_345
December 14, 2020, 4:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Approval: +5,521
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted from Ipswin

As well you know there are others who actually have more to do with the running of the club than others. This lays squarely with Fenty and Day - trying to make it something to hit Holloway over the head with is both ridiculous and needless.

Let the fella crack on with his job on the pitch.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 78
Ipswin
December 14, 2020, 4:52pm
Vodka Drinker

Talking of which, the radio said there was a board meeting this afternoon. I wonder what they chatted about?  

Sadly if our reprentatives in the form of the two Trust members still feel morally bound by the confidentiallity clause we will never know

Private Message
Reply: 18 - 78
lew chaterleys lover
December 14, 2020, 4:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Ipswin

Sadly if our reprentatives in the form of the two Trust members still feel morally bound by the confidentiallity clause we will never know

I bet we will!
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 78
Ipswin
December 14, 2020, 4:57pm
Vodka Drinker

I bet we will!

Perhaps Holloway will tell us when his tongue starts running away with him again

Private Message
Reply: 20 - 78
Rodley Mariner
December 14, 2020, 5:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,253
Gold Stars: 178
When Olly was appointed and it was announced he was investing 100k and joining the board my first thought was that there had to be an opportunity to make some money. I believe he is a football man and wanted a greater say in how the club would run but I didn't believe he'd just handover 100k with little or no prospect of getting it back. Just remember he was vocal about not wanting Shutes taking over from JF.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 78
Stranger in the Park
December 14, 2020, 5:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -188
Gold Stars: 7
This whole story is getting way out of hand and the muckrakers are having a field day.
To get matters into perspective, this "Alex May" character is not a local person and I doubt that, before this story emerged, anyone had even heard of him or knew of his misdealings. As a convicted con man I also sincerely doubt that he told new acquaintances of his past or his previous name - it wouldn't be good for business! Just how he managed to wheedle his way into current events might be worth investigation, but there is currently no proof that any board members are guilty of anything other than being naive and gullible to the approaches of May. Given the exposure to this episode, I would fully expect May to quietly retreat back now that his record has been publically banded about and he will be lucky if anyone would do business with him. As they say"mud sticks" but we don't want it sticking to GTFC  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 78
newarkmariner
December 14, 2020, 5:26pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / -4
Approval: +751
Gold Stars: 43
Absolutely fuming, why the f@%k is this being used to attack Olly, leave him  too run the team idiots
ive got too ask who the f@%K is this imbecile Boris Johnson that constantly hammers IH at every opportunity,i need too know what hes done to you Boris too make you so hatefull ,did you catch him slamming your mother from behind or something because your bitterness towards him is pathetic, funny how you never comment after a victory, you sad little cockwobble,
What you need too do is jog on ,go support someone else and take the other haters with you ,they now who they are, negative muppets ,
UTFM
Ian Holloways black and white army
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 78
grimsby pete
December 14, 2020, 5:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,822
Gold Stars: 222
We were told the trust members on the board did not know about the dealings with May.

So I expect Ollie did.not know either.

He has better things to do anyway like getting out strikers to shoot straight for one.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 78
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
December 14, 2020, 5:36pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from newarkmariner
Absolutely fuming, why the f@%k is this being used to attack Olly, leave him  too run the team idiots
ive got too ask who the f@%K is this imbecile Boris Johnson that constantly hammers IH at every opportunity,i need too know what hes done to you Boris too make you so hatefull ,did you catch him slamming your mother from behind or something because your bitterness towards him is pathetic, funny how you never comment after a victory, you sad little cockwobble,
What you need too do is jog on ,go support someone else and take the other haters with you ,they now who they are, negative muppets ,
UTFM

Spot on. It makes them feel important. Possibly don’t get listened to a lot in real life...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 78
Boris Johnson
December 14, 2020, 5:59pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4

What a load of crap, if he is complicit he has to resign, and resign now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 78
ginnywings
December 14, 2020, 6:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
This whole story is getting way out of hand and the muckrakers are having a field day.
To get matters into perspective, this "Alex May" character is not a local person and I doubt that, before this story emerged, anyone had even heard of him or knew of his misdealings. As a convicted con man I also sincerely doubt that he told new acquaintances of his past or his previous name - it wouldn't be good for business! Just how he managed to wheedle his way into current events might be worth investigation, but there is currently no proof that any board members are guilty of anything other than being naive and gullible to the approaches of May. Given the exposure to this episode, I would fully expect May to quietly retreat back now that his record has been publically banded about and he will be lucky if anyone would do business with him. As they say"mud sticks" but we don't want it sticking to GTFC  

We knew of him and his misdealings a year ago. There was a thread on here about him and it's already been established that JF knew of his past, so I don't why they got involved with him. He'd already tried and failed at other clubs, but seems to have found favour here, yet another misstep by our board, whichever way you look at it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 78
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
December 14, 2020, 6:01pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,468
Gold Stars: 15

What a load of crap, if he is complicit he has to resign, and resign now

I could be wrong, but maybe you have just a tiny bit of an anti-Ollie agenda? You’re ever so subtle so it hardly shows, but there’s just something....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 78
Boris Johnson
December 14, 2020, 6:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
UTFM

This place has called for full disclosure of what has gone on, and what was known and by whom. There has been nothing but calls for heads to roll. Is it only certain heads?

If he is not complicit all he needs to do is say so.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 78
Ipswin
December 14, 2020, 6:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
We were told the trust members on the board did not know about the dealings with May.

So I expect Ollie did.not know either.

He has better things to do anyway like getting out strikers to shoot straight for one.

No we weren't Pete we were told they were bound by a confidentiallity clause which meant they would not have been able to tell their own (trust) board either way

This is not designed to 'have a go' at Holloway (except maybe by 'Boris Johnson') at all I simply want to Know if, as he sits on the board at meetings, he was aware of it or not. Day appears to be getting flack because he clearly knew so why not anyone else who was aware. If he says he didn't know then fair enough and if he says he did know but doesn't want to comment then that is fair enough and understandable too

Private Message
Reply: 30 - 78
grimsby pete
December 14, 2020, 6:27pm

Exile
Quoted from Ipswin

No we weren't Pete we were told they were bound by a confidentiallity clause which meant they would not have been able to tell their own (trust) board either way

This is not designed to 'have a go' at Holloway (except maybe by 'Boris Johnson') at all I simply want to Know if, as he sits on the board at meetings, he was aware of it or not. Day appears to be getting flack because he clearly knew so why not anyone else who was aware. If he says he didn't know then fair enough and if he says he did know but doesn't want to comment then that is fair enough and understandable too

Stand corrected again , I am having a good week.

I must pay more attention .

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 78
lew chaterleys lover
December 14, 2020, 6:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

Stand corrected again , I am having a good week.

I must pay more attention .

Better than Fenty's!  
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 78
VinnyGTFC
December 14, 2020, 6:40pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +135
Gold Stars: 20
Anyone who thinks Holloway moved to Grimsby and breezed through like it was the job he had waited his life for are naiive. There is a reason he came and it wasn't the smooth talking of John Fenty and his cronies. It all looked odd at the time. Very clearly this raises the questions that probably will never be answered. But let's be honest I think most of us had some running round our heads. Didn't we?
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 78
December 14, 2020, 6:46pm
Guest User

This place has called for full disclosure of what has gone on, and what was known and by whom. There has been nothing but calls for heads to roll. Is it only certain heads?

If he is not complicit all he needs to do is say so.

Was you born an idiot or have you been practicing hard.

Reply: 34 - 78
Ipswin
December 14, 2020, 6:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 123614

Was you born an idiot or have you been practicing hard.

Well we appreciate he's an idiot just like his namesake but why can't we ask if Holloway was in the know We are asking / suggesting everyone else in the board room knew so why not him?

Private Message
Reply: 35 - 78
ginnywings
December 14, 2020, 6:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic

The meeting is tonight. In his presser, Olly said he will only discuss football and voice his opinion on the other stuff in the boardroom.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 78
KingstonMariner
December 14, 2020, 7:23pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Can’t have it both ways. He’s on the board. He’s got to expect questions about it. He might politely decline to answer them, but hes got to respect the questions.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 78
louth_in_the_south
December 14, 2020, 7:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,705
Gold Stars: 96

I don't think for a minute Fenty would have sat Ollie down and told him he was a business partner of a convicted fraudster of the elderly. You just don't do you?

In the unlikely event Holloway did know, what was he supposed to do about it?  Walk away from a project that he has just started??

It might have been him who leaked to the press 😂

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 78
Stranger in the Park
December 14, 2020, 8:53pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -188
Gold Stars: 7
We knew of him and his misdealings a year ago. There was a thread on here about him and it's already been [/b[b]]established that JF knew of his past, so I don't why they got involved with him. He'd already tried and failed at other clubs, but seems to have found favour here, yet another misstep by our board, whichever way you look at it.

As you appear to know everything could you please expand on this for those of us who are in the dark. Who established what?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 78
ginnywings
December 14, 2020, 9:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
We knew of him and his misdealings a year ago. There was a thread on here about him and it's already been [/b[b]]established that JF knew of his past, so I don't why they got involved with him. He'd already tried and failed at other clubs, but seems to have found favour here, yet another misstep by our board, whichever way you look at it.

As you appear to know everything could you please expand on this for those of us who are in the dark. Who established what?

Err....no.

All in the public domain. Find it yourself, it's not difficult.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 78
Kris2
December 15, 2020, 11:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
So Fenty is dealing with dodgy people therefore start a massive witch hunt over everyone involved in the club? First people were attacking the trust members and calling for them to be removed from any seat on the board and now people want the manager gone again.

Why do our fans constantly try to suicide the club back into non league? Not everyone, but it feels like people enjoy trying to remove everyone from the club by harassment and whinging until they get their way, I felt annoyed at comments from Hurst and his team about the fans but looking at it now I see what they mean. The fans constantly refuse to support and raise up the few things they can have any influence over as the business side of the club continues to nuke itself. We now think removing any small influence over the business of the club, the fans having a say and an experienced manager to once again roll the dice as we have many times before is a good idea. Does this group of the fanbase really believe the club is better off without the supporters trust having any influence or IH being sacked and if so, in what way?

There are lots of people screaming to permanent solutions to various issues without any word of what to do after the nuclear option. It's little more than ensured destruction with no light at the end of the tunnel. The last thing I want to see is the manager going to sow more chaos into an already chaotic boardroom, hate on the bad business choices if you want but lets at least believe in the manager and players. We already expect them to love and believe in the club, to give 100% but if we can't even back them up and constantly call for them to leave why should they?
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 78
Ipswin
December 15, 2020, 11:28am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Kris2
now people want the manager gone again.

Nobody wants the manager gone at all.

It is simply a matter that, as at least two board members knew clearly for some time what was going on and are quite rightly coming under fire, surely all of them should be asked whether they knew or not and to what extent they knew.

If Holloway is a board member as we are led to believe it is perfectly reasonable to ask him if he was aware just as it was reasonable to ask if the two Trust members of the board knew too

Fenty and Day might well have been driving the thing forward but they couldn't have been the only ones who knew about it

Each and every board member must, at different levels, have been involved in the discussions (and before last night)

Private Message
Reply: 42 - 78
TwoLeftFeet
December 15, 2020, 11:31am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,097
Gold Stars: 19
Certainly don't want the manager gone over this but if he wants to be on the board he should answer questions raised over running of the club as they all should.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 78
mimma
December 15, 2020, 1:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Kris2
So Fenty is dealing with dodgy people therefore start a massive witch hunt over everyone involved in the club? First people were attacking the trust members and calling for them to be removed from any seat on the board and now people want the manager gone again.

Why do our fans constantly try to suicide the club back into non league? Not everyone, but it feels like people enjoy trying to remove everyone from the club by harassment and whinging until they get their way, I felt annoyed at comments from Hurst and his team about the fans but looking at it now I see what they mean. The fans constantly refuse to support and raise up the few things they can have any influence over as the business side of the club continues to nuke itself. We now think removing any small influence over the business of the club, the fans having a say and an experienced manager to once again roll the dice as we have many times before is a good idea. Does this group of the fanbase really believe the club is better off without the supporters trust having any influence or IH being sacked and if so, in what way?

There are lots of people screaming to permanent solutions to various issues without any word of what to do after the nuclear option. It's little more than ensured destruction with no light at the end of the tunnel. The last thing I want to see is the manager going to sow more chaos into an already chaotic boardroom, hate on the bad business choices if you want but lets at least believe in the manager and players. We already expect them to love and believe in the club, to give 100% but if we can't even back them up and constantly call for them to leave why should they?

Well said sir, this is exactly what I have been thinking since this all kicked off. It's one thing to rightly have a go at Fenty, but another thing to imply that everyone connected to the club are party to it. Do you all want mass resignations over Fenty's actions? Should the girls in the ticket office resign? Of course not, stop being so ridiculous.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 78
arryarryarry
December 15, 2020, 2:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,038
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Kris2

Oh intercourse off.

The fans don't have any say at all in the club. The fans don't decide how the club is run, who is manager, who signs the players. how the club plays. If you haven't noticed sunshine the current team is dragging us towards Non League, take a look at the table.

This "its the fans fault" is complete bullshit.

Anyone who had any involvement in bringing in this shyster to the club should hang their heads in shame and leave the club.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 78
grimsby pete
December 15, 2020, 2:24pm

Exile
I will be happy if just one man leaves the club the one who pull all the strings of the puppets  Fenty.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 78
heppy88
December 15, 2020, 2:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Kris2

Why do our fans constantly try to suicide the club back into non league?

Mmmm, are these the same fans that dug deep for Operation Promotion, Covid fund, mental health charity? The same fans that have stuck by the club through thick and thin? The same fans who supported the club in their droves during the non league?

There is only one “fan” who seems intent on “suicide the club back into the non league”.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 78
Ipswin
December 15, 2020, 2:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
I will be happy if just one man leaves the club the one who pull all the strings of the puppets  Fenty.

I don't want anyone sacrificed Pete I simply want to know how far the cancer had spread and that those tainted however lightly don't assume the 'holier than thou' attitude in what clearly was a filthy business which must have infected the entire board room

Private Message
Reply: 48 - 78
Boris Johnson
December 15, 2020, 2:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

Anyone associated with this sorry story found to be complicit must go, and that includes Holloway.

If he has nothing to hide, then say so, he's not usually lost for words is he.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 78
jamesgtfc
December 15, 2020, 2:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,038
Gold Stars: 190

Anyone associated with this sorry story found to be complicit must go, and that includes Holloway.

If he has nothing to hide, then say so, he's not usually lost for words is he.

Holloway has been very vocal that he knows our brilliantly well run club will get a new ground under the current people so he certainly knew something was going on. The question is how much did he know?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 78
lew chaterleys lover
December 15, 2020, 3:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Holloway has been very vocal that he knows our brilliantly well run club will get a new ground under the current people so he certainly knew something was going on. The question is how much did he know?

He may have known about new investment and welcomed it, but how on earth is he supposed to know about the background of the May chap?

Fenty is not going to say we've got some new investment Ollie, but its from a convicted crook, is he?

Ollie said he wanted to be on the board to show his willingness to get stuck into a long term project. There is only one man that matters in board affairs and that is the man who has made such a member-up of everything for nearly 20 years. There is only one person really on the board to all intents and purposes, and as soon as he is removed, the rest will slink off.

Ollie is the best hope we have - imagine a future with a new dynamic board, Ollie the manager, fans right behind the club. What a prospect.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 78
Boris Johnson
December 15, 2020, 3:11pm
Table Wine Drinker

He may have known about new investment and welcomed it, but how on earth is he supposed to know about the background of the May chap?

Fenty is not going to say we've got some new investment Ollie, but its from a convicted crook, is he?

Ollie said he wanted to be on the board to show his willingness to get stuck into a long term project. There is only one man that matters in board affairs and that is the man who has made such a member-up of everything for nearly 20 years. There is only one person really on the board to all intents and purposes, and as soon as he is removed, the rest will slink off.

Ollie is the best hope we have - imagine a future with a new dynamic board, Ollie the manager, fans right behind the club. What a prospect.

So he shouldnt have a problem telling us this then.....should he?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 78
Ipswin
December 15, 2020, 3:12pm
Vodka Drinker

If that's the case that's all I want to hear from him, no problem (mind you it would be the shortest speech he has ever made  )
but he has clearly got to be asked.

Private Message
Reply: 53 - 78
newarkmariner
December 15, 2020, 3:15pm
Snakebite drinker
What is your issue with IH Boris ,your like a dog with a bone ,just f'@5king drop it you sad little idiot ,this horrible vendetta you have is embarrassing, pathetic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 78
newarkmariner
December 15, 2020, 3:20pm
Snakebite drinker
and Ipswin ,don't you think hes got bigger fish too fry ,like a football match tonight rather than commenting on something that he probably knew diddly about, your another moaning twit with nothing better to do than batter him at every little opportunity, you've been like a broken record for bloody years now, your boring
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 78
Boris Johnson
December 15, 2020, 3:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
What is your issue with IH Boris ,your like a dog with a bone ,just f'@5king drop it you sad little idiot ,this horrible vendetta you have is embarrassing, pathetic

Its funny how the Holloway apologists are happy to accept his role in this, as nothing to be concerned about, yet everyone else should be hung drawn and quartered.

Like ive said if he has nothing to be concerned about, he can come out and say it, and then we can let his managerial ability do the talking.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 78
newarkmariner
December 15, 2020, 3:21pm
Snakebite drinker
and Ipswin ,don't you think hes got bigger fish too fry ,like a football match tonight rather than commenting on something that he probably knew diddly about, your another moaning twit with nothing better to do than batter him at every little opportunity, you've been like a broken record for years now, your boring
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 78
lew chaterleys lover
December 15, 2020, 3:27pm
Vodka Drinker

Its funny how the Holloway apologists are happy to accept his role in this, as nothing to be concerned about, yet everyone else should be hung drawn and quartered.

Like ive said if he has nothing to be concerned about, he can come out and say it, and then we can let his managerial ability do the talking.

You are just being contrary for the sake of it. I have no idea why you think it is a good idea to have this distraction now. What is to be gained? Fenty is the man we want out, you know the man who is responsible.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 78
Bigdog
December 15, 2020, 3:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162

I believe IH is an honest and extremely decent human being. I can only feel for him at the minute. He's stuck between a rock and a hard place. He'll be doing the right thing for the fans by concentrating on the football at the minute and I wouldn't blame him if he walked away from this seismic mess for the good of himself and his family. He wouldn't be the first person to be initially sweet talked by Fenty before the veil drops..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 78
Ipswin
December 15, 2020, 3:30pm
Vodka Drinker
and Ipswin ,don't you think hes got bigger fish too fry ,like a football match tonight rather than commenting on something that he probably knew diddly about, your another moaning twit with nothing better to do than batter him at every little opportunity, you've been like a broken record for bloody years now, your boring

Since you've asked me (twice) I don't give a excrement when he's asked, after tonight will be fine but the question has got to be put even you must see that. If you don't you are a bigger fool than I thought. Everyone who sat around that boardroom table needs to answer about how much they knew. Hypocritical to attack just the ones you don't like and avoid the question with others. As I've said if he claims to know intercourse all then that's where it can be left if everyone is satisfied by that.

Put another way, what would your opinion be if he said he knew but wanted the new training facility so would have taken the money? (he won't of course but if he was to say that?)

Private Message
Reply: 60 - 78
Ipswin
December 15, 2020, 4:01pm
Vodka Drinker

I have no idea why you think it is a good idea to have this distraction now. What is to be gained? Fenty is the man we want out, you know the man who is responsible.

Surely it is imperative that we know that all those left standing after this debacle are squeaky clean (sorry to use 'squeaky' Holloway I believe used that term about Fenty but in a different way  ) and that must include all  those who were in the boardroom not just John Fenty

Private Message
Reply: 61 - 78
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 15, 2020, 4:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,755
Gold Stars: 80
Accept questions have to be asked to all relevant people involved at the appropriate time, however, let’s say this possible investment has been on the boardroom agenda for a few meetings, the crux is were all board members fully aware of May’s background and if they were, did they oppose the investment or support it?

I expect much of these discussions will be private and confidential so the truth may never be known but there may, one would hope, have been some dissenting voices should they be fully aware of the facts. Trouble is which members of the board, including Ollie, would be willing to speak out and confirm their opposition? This would probably be out already in the media if the board members, like a significant number of fans, wanted JF removed but that does not appear to be the case.

Interesting that JF resigned from his Council role because his actions may have been seen as bringing them into disrepute but he doesn’t apply the same criteria to his board position of the club. Maybe this is because the council would have investigated the matter, which they still should to judge his suitability to continue as a Council member, whereas nobody involved with the club is going to say boo to him.

Let’s hope that Knight and his white horse are getting ready to ride down Isaacs Hill and come to our rescue.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 78
marinerjase
December 15, 2020, 4:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,664
Gold Stars: 147
It may well be IH not being privy to all and sundry ..just a thought. If that was the case - then the idea sold to him wasn’t accurate, or the personnel involved and he might now be thinking wtf???!

Or if he, and others, were aware of the fellow involved - then perhaps, they didn’t see it as an issue - and, as has been pointed out - it would have gone through if not for the GT and a couple others, and they’d have been happy their plans were still on track.

Either way - it’s not going to end well - one way or another - for a few - and I suspect there’ll be repercussions along the way.  

Unfortunately, it’s probably the supporters who’ll be affected most.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 78
Ipswin
December 15, 2020, 4:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from marinerjase
It may well be IH not being privy to all and sundry ..just a thought. If that was the case - then the idea sold to him wasn’t accurate, or the personnel involved and he might now be thinking wtf???!

Or if he, and others, were aware of the fellow involved - then perhaps, they didn’t see it as an issue - and, as has been pointed out - it would have gone through if not for the GT and a couple others, and they’d have been happy their plans were still on track.

Either way - it’s not going to end well - one way or another - for a few - and I suspect there’ll be repercussions along the way.  

It may well be, all possibilities are open, hence my point that the question must be asked of everyone. Why are so many opposed to this? Hasn't enough been swept under the carpet already or are some on the board considered immune? The actions of each and every member who was aware (not just Fenty and Day) reflects badly on the club, hypocritical to think otherwise

Private Message
Reply: 64 - 78
marinerjase
December 15, 2020, 5:09pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,664
Gold Stars: 147
Agree completely Swin, think some were more aware of certain personnel than what was let on - the extent of whom - who knows??

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 78
MuddyWaters
December 15, 2020, 5:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from marinerjase
Agree completely Swin, think some were more aware of certain personnel than what was let on - the extent of whom - who knows??

The bottom line is that any remaining trust in the board has basically been eroded. Whoever leaked to the press has done them up like a kipper to be honest.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 78
mimma
December 15, 2020, 5:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Why can't you leave IH out of this? He has enough in his plate trying to prepare the team for tonight's game. Fenty is the one that you should be concentrating your fire on, not the bloody manager. Who knows what and when will come out in due course,  until then, leave Ollie to try to keep this from distracting the team from what is an important game tonight.

At the rate we are going, it's not Fenty himself that will bring down GTFC, but the fans reaction to him and his actions.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 78
IlkleyMariner
December 15, 2020, 5:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Approval: +3,037
Gold Stars: 69
Interesting to note that most comments come from a handful of folk either with a vend3tta against Fenty/Holloway or a dislike of the posters with the vendetta.

The rest of us just want a sensible rational discussion. This thread is getting boring.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 78
grimsby pete
December 15, 2020, 6:03pm

Exile
I would imagine there is a rule that nobody talks about what goes on and said at board meetings.

Of course if Fenty wants to say anything nobody will try and stop him.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 78
IlkleyMariner
December 15, 2020, 6:12pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
I would imagine there is a rule that nobody talks about what goes on and said at board meetings.

Of course if Fenty wants to say anything nobody will try and stop him.

What evidence do you have about this.
I don’t know whether what u say is true but sure as hell I wouldn’t go mouthing off without evidence.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 78
Ipswin
December 15, 2020, 6:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Interesting to note that most comments come from a handful of folk either with a vend3tta against Fenty/Holloway or a dislike of the posters with the vendetta.

The rest of us just want a sensible rational discussion. This thread is getting boring.

Why is everyone so opposed to getting at the truth here? Is everyone afraid of what the answer might be? Or does everyone want it to be just one man who was in the know.

If the manager or anyone else says they didn't know that's an end to it if however they did then surely it needs to come out (unless no one is that bothered about it of course in which case what has all the furore been since Saturday?)

Private Message
Reply: 71 - 78
friskneymariner
December 15, 2020, 6:37pm

Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
All those sycophants who regard Fenty as the saviour of this club,all those who stand by him whatever,they are the ones that have empowered and embolden him, they are the ones that are culpable.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 78
arryarryarry
December 15, 2020, 6:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mimma
Why can't you leave IH out of this? He has enough in his plate trying to prepare the team for tonight's game. Fenty is the one that you should be concentrating your fire on, not the bloody manager. Who knows what and when will come out in due course,  until then, leave Ollie to try to keep this from distracting the team from what is an important game tonight.

At the rate we are going, it's not Fenty himself that will bring down GTFC, but the fans reaction to him and his actions.

Oh for felicitations sake will you and all the others with their tongues stuck up John Fenty's bottom stop blaming the fans.

John Fenty probably is the main villain by bringing this criminal into the club as he admitted knowing JF for a couple of years but if any of the other directors were aware of this scumbags history then they should have said no chance do we want him in the club but if they supported his application to buy shares they should hang their heads in shame and intercourse off and that includes all those who knew, even the Trust directors and Ian Holloway if they knew and were prepared to accept his cash.
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 78
IlkleyMariner
December 15, 2020, 6:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Think the last man who spouted vile trash and lies and speculation just lost the US President election
All I am asking for is truth and evidence not demented speculation either for or against any Board Member.
It a fundamental part of British justice. Facts please or keep speculation on the back burner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 78
Ipswin
December 15, 2020, 6:47pm
Vodka Drinker

All I am asking for is truth and evidence not demented speculation either for or against any Board Member.
It a fundamental part of British justice. Facts please or keep speculation on the back burner

Me too so will some fornicator please ask Ian Holloway if he knew about May's offer of £1m before Saturday. And if he did what was his reaction, for or against it? Simples

Private Message
Reply: 75 - 78
forza ivano
December 15, 2020, 7:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,262
Gold Stars: 266
there's one very salient point that everyone has missed.

Both Holloway, the 2 Trust members and anyone else on the Board will be bound by confidentiality agreements that would have prevented them from saying anything.
Does anyone know if these agreements still hold true, now that the facts have been revealed?

IMHO someone on the Board leaked this to a reporter who arranged for a photographer to be present on Saturday and subsequently tipped the wink to Lloyd Griffiths
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 78
Henryscat
December 15, 2020, 7:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395

What evidence do you have about this.
I don’t know whether what u say is true but sure as hell I wouldn’t go mouthing off without evidence.

The trust has stated their board members are bound by a confidentiality clause, and to be honest it is quite right that all members of the board are bound by such clauses - be that potential investors, signing targets, contracts, pretty much anything.

Loose lips sink ships.

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 78
arryarryarry
December 15, 2020, 7:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Henryscat

The trust has stated their board members are bound by a confidentiality clause, and to be honest it is quite right that all members of the board are bound by such clauses - be that potential investors, signing targets, contracts, pretty much anything.

Loose lips sink ships.

Quite possibly but it is now all out in the open and I would have hoped that those who were aware about his past and accepted the offer of shares from this scumbag and the outcry it has caused would have resigned by now or come out and said they didn't know.
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 78
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway must come clean

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.