8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
December 14, 2020, 9:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
We knew of him and his misdealings a year ago. There was a thread on here about him and it's already been [/b[b]]established that JF knew of his past, so I don't why they got involved with him. He'd already tried and failed at other clubs, but seems to have found favour here, yet another misstep by our board, whichever way you look at it.

As you appear to know everything could you please expand on this for those of us who are in the dark. Who established what?

Err....no.

All in the public domain. Find it yourself, it's not difficult.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 78
Kris2
December 15, 2020, 11:10am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
So Fenty is dealing with dodgy people therefore start a massive witch hunt over everyone involved in the club? First people were attacking the trust members and calling for them to be removed from any seat on the board and now people want the manager gone again.

Why do our fans constantly try to suicide the club back into non league? Not everyone, but it feels like people enjoy trying to remove everyone from the club by harassment and whinging until they get their way, I felt annoyed at comments from Hurst and his team about the fans but looking at it now I see what they mean. The fans constantly refuse to support and raise up the few things they can have any influence over as the business side of the club continues to nuke itself. We now think removing any small influence over the business of the club, the fans having a say and an experienced manager to once again roll the dice as we have many times before is a good idea. Does this group of the fanbase really believe the club is better off without the supporters trust having any influence or IH being sacked and if so, in what way?

There are lots of people screaming to permanent solutions to various issues without any word of what to do after the nuclear option. It's little more than ensured destruction with no light at the end of the tunnel. The last thing I want to see is the manager going to sow more chaos into an already chaotic boardroom, hate on the bad business choices if you want but lets at least believe in the manager and players. We already expect them to love and believe in the club, to give 100% but if we can't even back them up and constantly call for them to leave why should they?
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 78
Ipswin
December 15, 2020, 11:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Kris2
now people want the manager gone again.

Nobody wants the manager gone at all.

It is simply a matter that, as at least two board members knew clearly for some time what was going on and are quite rightly coming under fire, surely all of them should be asked whether they knew or not and to what extent they knew.

If Holloway is a board member as we are led to believe it is perfectly reasonable to ask him if he was aware just as it was reasonable to ask if the two Trust members of the board knew too

Fenty and Day might well have been driving the thing forward but they couldn't have been the only ones who knew about it

Each and every board member must, at different levels, have been involved in the discussions (and before last night)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 78
TwoLeftFeet
December 15, 2020, 11:31am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,095
Gold Stars: 19
Certainly don't want the manager gone over this but if he wants to be on the board he should answer questions raised over running of the club as they all should.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 78
mimma
December 15, 2020, 1:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from Kris2
So Fenty is dealing with dodgy people therefore start a massive witch hunt over everyone involved in the club? First people were attacking the trust members and calling for them to be removed from any seat on the board and now people want the manager gone again.

Why do our fans constantly try to suicide the club back into non league? Not everyone, but it feels like people enjoy trying to remove everyone from the club by harassment and whinging until they get their way, I felt annoyed at comments from Hurst and his team about the fans but looking at it now I see what they mean. The fans constantly refuse to support and raise up the few things they can have any influence over as the business side of the club continues to nuke itself. We now think removing any small influence over the business of the club, the fans having a say and an experienced manager to once again roll the dice as we have many times before is a good idea. Does this group of the fanbase really believe the club is better off without the supporters trust having any influence or IH being sacked and if so, in what way?

There are lots of people screaming to permanent solutions to various issues without any word of what to do after the nuclear option. It's little more than ensured destruction with no light at the end of the tunnel. The last thing I want to see is the manager going to sow more chaos into an already chaotic boardroom, hate on the bad business choices if you want but lets at least believe in the manager and players. We already expect them to love and believe in the club, to give 100% but if we can't even back them up and constantly call for them to leave why should they?

Well said sir, this is exactly what I have been thinking since this all kicked off. It's one thing to rightly have a go at Fenty, but another thing to imply that everyone connected to the club are party to it. Do you all want mass resignations over Fenty's actions? Should the girls in the ticket office resign? Of course not, stop being so ridiculous.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 78
arryarryarry
December 15, 2020, 2:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,035
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Kris2

Oh intercourse off.

The fans don't have any say at all in the club. The fans don't decide how the club is run, who is manager, who signs the players. how the club plays. If you haven't noticed sunshine the current team is dragging us towards Non League, take a look at the table.

This "its the fans fault" is complete bullshit.

Anyone who had any involvement in bringing in this shyster to the club should hang their heads in shame and leave the club.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 78
grimsby pete
December 15, 2020, 2:24pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,818
Gold Stars: 222
I will be happy if just one man leaves the club the one who pull all the strings of the puppets  Fenty.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 78
heppy88
December 15, 2020, 2:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Kris2

Why do our fans constantly try to suicide the club back into non league?

Mmmm, are these the same fans that dug deep for Operation Promotion, Covid fund, mental health charity? The same fans that have stuck by the club through thick and thin? The same fans who supported the club in their droves during the non league?

There is only one “fan” who seems intent on “suicide the club back into the non league”.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 78
Ipswin
December 15, 2020, 2:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from grimsby pete
I will be happy if just one man leaves the club the one who pull all the strings of the puppets  Fenty.

I don't want anyone sacrificed Pete I simply want to know how far the cancer had spread and that those tainted however lightly don't assume the 'holier than thou' attitude in what clearly was a filthy business which must have infected the entire board room

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 78
Boris Johnson
December 15, 2020, 2:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from grimsby pete

Anyone associated with this sorry story found to be complicit must go, and that includes Holloway.

If he has nothing to hide, then say so, he's not usually lost for words is he.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 78
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Holloway must come clean

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.