Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › And Hurst thought he had problems!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 212 Guests

And Hurst thought he had problems!

This thread currently has 5,167 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
November 28, 2020, 3:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Hurst's banner on the flyover was nowt compared to this. Ipswich sitting 3rd in L1 and Lambert gets this at the training ground after Hull beat them 3-0

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/lambert-on-banner-calling-for-his-sacking-1-6946567

Nice professional banner too none of your roughly painted Grimsby bedsheet!

Was hoping Omar might stick it up Ipswich today but he's been dropped to the bench (Toto would probably have played him out of the game anyway. Nolan injured again)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Gaffer58
November 28, 2020, 3:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
There might be a few extra banners this evening, as Ipswich are losing at home today against Charlton.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
Ipswin
November 28, 2020, 4:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Gaffer58
There might be a few extra banners this evening, as Ipswich are losing at home today against Charlton.

Long may it continue I dislike Ipswich intensely and have always had a soft spot for Charlton.

Always wish I had been able to go to a game at the old Valley That absolutely enormous side terrace amazed me as a lad reading the football annual at Christmas. Worked with a fella whose father was a ST holder there in the 50s and 60s He stood right at the back and his lad who was only about 7 or 8 was passed down to the front I believe it held over 20,000!

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
thefish
November 28, 2020, 4:32pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from Ipswin
Hurst's banner on the flyover was nowt compared to this. Ipswich sitting 3rd in L1 and Lambert gets this at the training ground after Hull beat them 3-0

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/lambert-on-banner-calling-for-his-sacking-1-6946567

Was hoping Omar might stick it up Ipswich today but he's been dropped to the bench (Toto would probably have played him out of the game anyway. Nolan injured again)

He has now!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
Ipswin
November 28, 2020, 4:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from thefish

He has now!

Virtually his first touch apparently

Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
arryarryarry
November 28, 2020, 4:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Ipswin

Are you sure you didn't put it up as according to some on here it's only Town fans that would do that sort of thing.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
Ipswin
November 28, 2020, 6:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Are you sure you didn't put it up as according to some on here it's only Town fans that would do that sort of thing.

Waste of a good strip of plastic sheeting, I'm saving mine for 'Holloway out'

Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
Poojah
November 28, 2020, 8:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,473
Gold Stars: 1,500
The advantage that Hurst had over Lambert was that he hadn’t previously won back-to-back promotions with Norwich.

He’s about as welcome in the Portman Road dugout as Peter Beagrie was in a Town shirt.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
Poojah
November 28, 2020, 8:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,473
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from Ipswin

Virtually his first touch apparently

At first as I was chuffed for the lad having scored his first goal for Charlton, only to be overshadowed by the disappointment that he was wearing gloves in 10 degree weather.

Have a word with yourself, Omar.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
Limerick Mariner
November 28, 2020, 8:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Ipswin

Long may it continue I dislike Ipswich intensely and have always had a soft spot for Charlton.

Always wish I had been able to go to a game at the old Valley That absolutely enormous side terrace amazed me as a lad reading the football annual at Christmas. Worked with a fella whose father was a ST holder there in the 50s and 60s He stood right at the back and his lad who was only about 7 or 8 was passed down to the front I believe it held over 20,000!

I went in the early 80s, we won 1-0 IIRC, in front of a small number of thousands scattered over the huge terrace - their attendances were lower than ours at the time.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › And Hurst thought he had problems!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.