3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
crusty ole pie
November 25, 2020, 1:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,310
Gold Stars: 62
I enjoyed the commentary last night out of interest who would the fans prefer jordon or John ( maybe the result helped )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Tinymariner
November 25, 2020, 2:00pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
I thought the commentary team were good last night, not overly negative which JT is often guilty of.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
Northbank Mariner
November 25, 2020, 2:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Afraid at some point in everyone's life your shelf life expires, think JT needs to hang his commentators boots up and allow some fresh, possibly less emotionally connected to the club, blood take the reigns now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
promotion plaice
November 25, 2020, 2:27pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

I must be in the minority but I don't have a problem with John Tondeur commentating on Town, I like his passion for GTFC.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
TAGG
November 25, 2020, 2:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,981
Gold Stars: 121
JT

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
toontown
November 25, 2020, 3:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,159
Gold Stars: 69
Don't have a problem with either of them doing it. I enjoyed lloyd Griffiths as well last nite thought me made some good points, especially about needing game management so not playing it out from the back in the last few minutes when leading by a goal!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
GrimRob
November 25, 2020, 3:28pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Last night's was a good commentary, the video quality and camera work were good too. I prefer a mix rather than getting the same commentators all the time. John's commentary has for many years been exclusively for the radio viewer. It would be good to have an actual commentator (whoever it is) on the pictures you are seeing, which I imagine is a slightly different skill.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 27
pen penfras
November 25, 2020, 3:55pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from GrimRob
Last night's was a good commentary, the video quality and camera work were good too. I prefer a mix rather than getting the same commentators all the time. John's commentary has for many years been exclusively for the radio viewer. It would be good to have an actual commentator (whoever it is) on the pictures you are seeing, which I imagine is a slightly different skill.

Yea, when he's commentating for the radio, you don't realise that he gets the wrong player about 10 times a game.

But the commentary is for the radio, they just combine it with the video. It's still the exact same commentary that the radio station does. Don't think they can adapt it easily, because the cost of a couple of commentators and equipment specifically for ifollow will cost more than the clubs make out of it once fans are allowed back in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
oochiad
November 25, 2020, 4:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,647
Gold Stars: 27
Anyone but JT, passion for Grimsby Town???? He’s so negative it’s laughable, that and the fact he gets the players mixed up far to often......With us watching the games on ifollow it stands out a mile how much of the game he gets wrong......time for a change.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
Poojah
November 25, 2020, 8:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,152
Gold Stars: 1,489
Quoted from GrimRob
It would be good to have an actual commentator (whoever it is) on the pictures you are seeing, which I imagine is a slightly different skill.

The extended post-match highlights do feature a more tv-style commentary, however I assume this is dubbed into the highlights post-match. Assuming that’s the case, it’s quite well done actually.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Commentary

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.