2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
November 25, 2020, 4:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12141682/crawley-1-2-grimsby

A poor challenge on Rose after about a minute in, I wonder if that was what IH was complaining about to the ref at the end of the game.
Private Message
pen penfras
November 25, 2020, 6:53am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from arryarryarry
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12141682/crawley-1-2-grimsby

A poor challenge on Rose after about a minute in, I wonder if that was what IH was complaining about to the ref at the end of the game.

Rose got fouled so many times in that game. He was a step ahead of their midfield all game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 16
promotion plaice
November 25, 2020, 2:17pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 188

Max Wright took a fair few knocks as well, surprised the ref didn't dish out more yellows for them.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 16
Grantham_Mariner
November 25, 2020, 2:36pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from promotion plaice

Max Wright took a fair few knocks as well, surprised the ref didn't dish out more yellows for them.

Poor official, remember him from Gateshead play off game, two red cards for Town !!!!

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 16
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 25, 2020, 2:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Great run off the ball by Wright to get the winner. Pace kills defenders.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 16
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 25, 2020, 3:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +6,988
Gold Stars: 283
Quoted from arryarryarry

Thanks for the link, great to see it. I don't see the problem with the challenge on Rose, the centre half stood his ground and Rose bounced off him. As a former centre half I'd be very disappointed to have that given against me (and Rose was up and running after the ref in a nanosecond).

And the ref missed a blatant push by Pollock (I think) late on.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 16
Caveman
November 25, 2020, 3:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +744
Gold Stars: 15

Thanks for the link, great to see it. I don't see the problem with the challenge on Rose, the centre half stood his ground and Rose bounced off him. As a former centre half I'd be very disappointed to have that given against me (and Rose was up and running after the ref in a nanosecond).

By whom ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 16
jamesgtfc
November 25, 2020, 3:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187

I think you must have been the watching the same game as our scout.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 16
pen penfras
November 25, 2020, 3:57pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -137
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Poor official, remember him from Gateshead play off game, two red cards for Town !!!!

I thought the ref was pretty good. Not too whistle happy, didn't go over the top with a couple of handbags incidents.

I think the last 3 or 4 games, the refs have been good, the start of the season they were awful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 16
Henryscat
November 25, 2020, 6:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
The peel away, control and finish for the first aren’t getting a lot of praise (probably because it’s Matt Green)

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 16
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Goals

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.