Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 25, 2020, 4:31am
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12141682/crawley-1-2-grimsby

A poor challenge on Rose after about a minute in, I wonder if that was what IH was complaining about to the ref at the end of the game.
Posted by: pen penfras, November 25, 2020, 6:53am; Reply: 1
Quoted from arryarryarry
https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12141682/crawley-1-2-grimsby

A poor challenge on Rose after about a minute in, I wonder if that was what IH was complaining about to the ref at the end of the game.

Rose got fouled so many times in that game. He was a step ahead of their midfield all game.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 25, 2020, 2:17pm; Reply: 2

Max Wright took a fair few knocks as well, surprised the ref didn't dish out more yellows for them.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, November 25, 2020, 2:36pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from promotion plaice

Max Wright took a fair few knocks as well, surprised the ref didn't dish out more yellows for them.

Poor official, remember him from Gateshead play off game, two red cards for Town !!!!

Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 25, 2020, 2:43pm; Reply: 4
Great run off the ball by Wright to get the winner. Pace kills defenders.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, November 25, 2020, 3:03pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from arryarryarry

Thanks for the link, great to see it. I don't see the problem with the challenge on Rose, the centre half stood his ground and Rose bounced off him. As a former centre half I'd be very disappointed to have that given against me (and Rose was up and running after the ref in a nanosecond).

And the ref missed a blatant push by Pollock (I think) late on.
Posted by: Caveman, November 25, 2020, 3:16pm; Reply: 6

Thanks for the link, great to see it. I don't see the problem with the challenge on Rose, the centre half stood his ground and Rose bounced off him. As a former centre half I'd be very disappointed to have that given against me (and Rose was up and running after the ref in a nanosecond).

By whom ?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, November 25, 2020, 3:19pm; Reply: 7

I think you must have been the watching the same game as our scout.
Posted by: pen penfras, November 25, 2020, 3:57pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

Poor official, remember him from Gateshead play off game, two red cards for Town !!!!

I thought the ref was pretty good. Not too whistle happy, didn't go over the top with a couple of handbags incidents.

I think the last 3 or 4 games, the refs have been good, the start of the season they were awful.
Posted by: Henryscat, November 25, 2020, 6:15pm; Reply: 9
The peel away, control and finish for the first aren’t getting a lot of praise (probably because it’s Matt Green)
Posted by: MuddyWaters, November 25, 2020, 6:36pm; Reply: 10

Matty must have bloody long arms.
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 25, 2020, 6:53pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Matty must have bloody long arms.

His nickname is Mr.Tickle.  ;)

[img]https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.pz1H0Ix-loL1HeUtUr_bSAHaEn?pid=Api&rs=1[/img]
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 25, 2020, 7:06pm; Reply: 12

The centre-half was running into Rose, had lost the ball (Rose played it off) and just took Rose out, I think in wrestling terms it would be classed as a forearm smash.

Mind you if you think Pollock commited a blatant push  8)
Posted by: 137 (Guest), November 26, 2020, 12:10am; Reply: 13
The whole match is on youtube now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNGUyc-GNs0

My general overview: Crawley looked like an average L2 team, and we looked better than them. Waterfall and Rose were immense.
Can't see us being in a relegation battle come the season end.  :)
Posted by: Ipswin, November 26, 2020, 11:23am; Reply: 14
That ball down the line for Edwards from Preston was superb then a great cross and met beautifully by Wright.

Lovely goal no pissing about passing it square of backwards. No need of it when Preston can deliver balls like that

Brilliant goal shame no GTFC away following to witness it

Why are there two commentaries going on at once on the Sky vid?
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 26, 2020, 12:33pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Ipswin
That ball down the line for Edwards from Preston was superb then a great cross and met beautifully by Wright.

Lovely goal no pissing about passing it square of backwards. No need of it when Preston can deliver balls like that

Brilliant goal shame no GTFC away following to witness it

Why are there two commentaries going on at once on the Sky vid?

One is the Humberside commentary and the other sounds like their local radio commentary ??)
Posted by: Ipswin, November 26, 2020, 12:42pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from arryarryarry

One is the Humberside commentary and the other sounds like their local radio commentary ??)

urine poor first of all that they were physically so close together and surely Sky knowing they were filming the game could have stuck up some sort of temporary barrier like the shops have these days to try to sound proof it a bit.

Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 9:32pm