15 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
golfer
November 10, 2020, 9:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
In the first half our under 23's were better than theirs. Our midfield including Morton were backing the forwards up and surprisingly we looked a lot better than them. Whatever the half time team talk was it fcked us up because straight away  the midfield dropped deeper and allowed them to be permanently on the attack and getting more and more confident. Our substitutions always seem to make us weaker - only one man to blame for that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 140
The Yard Dog
November 10, 2020, 9:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,500
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from friskneymariner
Please please a cry for help after 20 years of watching this dross seriously thinking of watching Boston please some one come up with good reasons why I Shouldn't.

Off you go then.

I would never consider watching any other team, regardless.

Not saying I am happy with the current performances and results, they would have been a time, when I would let a town result upset me, mellowed with age.

But town through and through.

Hoping for an up turn in results.

UTMM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 140
sam gy
November 10, 2020, 9:31pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
I thought we were all boycotting this tin pot / pizza box competition?

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 140
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 10, 2020, 9:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from davmariner
The Holloway experiment isn’t working. If the next few games go a similar way, we need to consider whether we need to make a change.

Seriously? What the hell is the point of getting rid of a guy who has been a little over 9 months, who initially had the total support of fans but saw the season curtailed, this season has, I agree, seen him bring in probably too many players, some of them clearly not good enough and others not fit enough.

In reality we don’t know how much recruitment this year has been affected by financial problems but signing 7 loanees suggests we adopted a very cautious approach in case of another shut down. I like many others hate to write a season off but we have a Manager who wants to introduce a particular style of play and it’s clearly not going, as yet, to plan, however, it’s a style that most fans want to see and I believe we have to stick with it and trust it will bring success further down the line.

In the end the only successful football is winning football so that has to be the aim and whilst this is a frustrating period let’s not jump on the sacking bandwagon yet again. After all if these players are that bad who will be able to get a better tune out of them. Have to finish with the fact that everyone slags off this comp and state they have no interest in it and then we get beat and it’s all woe and we should field our strongest team.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 140
MuddyWaters
November 10, 2020, 9:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Seriously? What the hell is the point of getting rid of a guy who has been a little over 9 months, who initially had the total support of fans but saw the season curtailed, this season has, I agree, seen him bring in probably too many players, some of them clearly not good enough and others not fit enough.

In reality we don’t know how much recruitment this year has been affected by financial problems but signing 7 loanees suggests we adopted a very cautious approach in case of another shut down. I like many others hate to write a season off but we have a Manager who wants to introduce a particular style of play and it’s clearly not going, as yet, to plan, however, it’s a style that most fans want to see and I believe we have to stick with it and trust it will bring success further down the line.

In the end the only successful football is winning football so that has to be the aim and whilst this is a frustrating period let’s not jump on the sacking bandwagon yet again. After all if these players are that bad who will be able to get a better tune out of them. Have to finish with the fact that everyone slags off this comp and state they have no interest in it and then we get beat and it’s all woe and we should field our strongest team.

Regarding the competition, I think we would all agree that we need to start seeing some more positive results. Regards the manager, he does often come across as an ‘I’m right’ sort of bloke so he’s inviting pressure on himself. I hope he is right but in respect of his phone burning his ears off, some of them must have dialled the wrong number.
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 140
promotion plaice
November 10, 2020, 9:37pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from promotion plaice

Humberside Football Forum on now , good listen, Peter Swann on at the moment.

Scunny fans having a right go tonight.

Makes our Boris sound like Mary Poppins  

Ollie possibly coming up.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 140
friskneymariner
November 10, 2020, 9:41pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from The Yard Dog

Off you go then.

I would never consider watching any other team, regardless.

Not saying I am happy with the current performances and results, they would have been a time, when I would let a town result upset me, mellowed with age.

But town through and through.

Hoping for an up turn in results.

UTMM

I have been a fan for 58 years ,last 20 years absolute trial watching town,every home match 100ile round trip missed 4 matches in 40 years,how long do you give with no signs of improvement.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 140
MuddyWaters
November 10, 2020, 9:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from friskneymariner

I have been a fan for 58 years ,last 20 years absolute trial watching town,every home match 100ile round trip missed 4 matches in 40 years,how long do you give with no signs of improvement.

To be fair, if you’ve put up with the last 20 years, you want certifying along with the rest of us.
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 140
Tinymariner
November 10, 2020, 9:53pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
JT started on Ohman after 55 seconds, then he never mentioned any of the good play, yet pounced on every mistake. Had to turn the commentary off during the first half. We won’t mention the 2nd half performance!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 140
moosey_club
November 10, 2020, 9:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from forza ivano
Seems to someone who hasnt watched a single game that we are very rapidly whittling down to just a few players who can be relied upon
Mckeown (despite recent errors),
hendrie, pollock,waterfall, preston (theres none else)
Rose , clifton, Edwards, williams
Windsor +  gibson/hanson/green

Taylor, Bennett,ludwig, hewitt and wright for the bench

The rest dont seem to have made any impression at all. Have I missed anyone?

Off that list i would question ;

Preston has gone right off the boil
Pollock / Waterfall our best pairing but do give the opposition chances
Rose definately , Edwards yes , Clifton and Williams best of bad lot not necessarily good enough
Windsor looks ok, Hanson now a write off for me , Green only experienced striker left but wastes too much, Gibson just dont think he has the quality or calmness
Bennett can pass a ball but not seen much else,  Ludwig is just a free kick conceder , Wright hopefully will recover to his previous fitness/form,

All in all if tonights team/squad is what is pushing the first team then no wonder the first team are not looking over their shoulder too much.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 140
15 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Leicester U21 (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.