Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › YOUR Stevenage match thread, sponsored by Castrol
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 123 Guests

YOUR Stevenage match thread, sponsored by Castrol

This thread currently has 25,322 views. Print
27 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
October 31, 2020, 6:38pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,084
Gold Stars: 200

The biggest worry today was how little we worked their keeper but a point away I suppose isn't to be sniffed at albeit against a struggling team.

Edwards is a big miss for me, he makes things happen.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 230 - 260
arryarryarry
October 31, 2020, 6:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,034
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from horsforthmariner
Rubbish game, rubbish ref,rubbish day. If we’re going to play a possession game maybe we should learn how to pass.

Far too many passes to go no where or backwards
It really pisses me off when we get a free kick with a chance of getting the ball in the area, defenders go up for it, we take it short and it ends up back with McKeown.

If performaces carry on like to that we will be in a relegation battle of we aren't in one already.
Private Message
Reply: 231 - 260
Stockport Mariner
October 31, 2020, 7:04pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Flying Mariner

Totally agree.
How we miss Hess.

To think we could’ve kept Hess, Whitehouse & Vernam if we’d wanted to. Respect the club for cutting their cloth accordingly, but add Edwards and a couple of others to those 3 and the midfield would be so much better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 232 - 260
friskneymariner
October 31, 2020, 7:11pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Having now watching all but one of our games,I think I am in the position to state too many of our side ae really not up to the standard of league football. There is a shocking inability to read situations and the total lack of any ability to string passes together  unless they are going backwards.Their is very little ball control inability to run at players and some are shockingly lightweight in the tackle,except for that we are average.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 233 - 260
ska face
October 31, 2020, 7:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,713
Gold Stars: 850
Really disappointed with Taylor so far, considering his supposed pedigree. I’m not sure what role he’s meant to be fulfilling, but if it’s the ball playing midfielder he’s a miles off. He doesn’t seem to have the awareness to move the ball quickly through the middle of the park, the strength to protect it, or the ability to pick someone out and switch the play. Dead balls are junk and I’ve seen more life in a tramp’s vest. When you compare him with the likes of Embleton and Robson who we’ve had previously, they were streets ahead.
Private Message
Reply: 234 - 260
Stadium
October 31, 2020, 7:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from grimsby pete

I hope it does things can only get better.

PL confirmed to continue.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 235 - 260
toontown
October 31, 2020, 7:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,281
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from ska face
Really disappointed with Taylor so far, considering his supposed pedigree. I’m not sure what role he’s meant to be fulfilling, but if it’s the ball playing midfielder he’s a miles off. He doesn’t seem to have the awareness to move the ball quickly through the middle of the park, the strength to protect it, or the ability to pick someone out and switch the play. Dead balls are junk and I’ve seen more life in a tramp’s vest. When you compare him with the likes of Embleton and Robson who we’ve had previously, they were streets ahead.

Can't believe he is ahead of Clifton for Wales u21. Clifton is a clearly better player overall. We missed him again today
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 236 - 260
Croxton
October 31, 2020, 7:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,019
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from ska face

Taylor is comfortable when we are in square and backwards mode but when the game gets stretched he soon looks tired and starts to misplace passes. Hess had the gears to switch quickly from defence to attack and back again. Like Windsor and Tilley, he tries to beat a man unnecessarily at times. One player like that is enough. With three or four squandering possession, too many attacks fizzle out. Every other team seems to get something, corner, throw in, free kick or a cross from their attacks. Our final third stats must be terrible. Stevenage worked so many opportunities and could have won 4-0.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 237 - 260
Stadium
October 31, 2020, 9:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 238 - 260
arryarryarry
October 31, 2020, 9:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,034
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
How many times do u hear from professional mangers that u need to build a strong defender to be successful.
Despite all the usual rubbish following a disappointing performance we do seem to have a decent defence

We also have quite a few promising midfielder and forwards once fitness and injury is under control
Just cut the lads some slack please. We are comfortably ahead of the stunts and sorfend

Really? I thought Stevenage weren't much better than us but for some woeful finishing we could have been well beaten.

Private Message
Reply: 239 - 260
27 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › YOUR Stevenage match thread, sponsored by Castrol

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.