2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
ex-merseymariner
October 21, 2020, 7:27pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Poor chap, all over national sports press about he is not in Arsenals squad and cant play for his circa 300k per WEEK salary.

He is whingeing about a lack of loyalty it seems. Really?

Anyway, are we supposed to feel sorry for him?
Ffs.

He should read the recent threads on here for some perspective.

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Cambridgefish
October 21, 2020, 7:35pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Approval: -12
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from ex-merseymariner
Poor chap, all over national sports press about he is not in Arsenals squad and cant play for his circa 300k per WEEK salary.

He is whingeing about a lack of loyalty it seems. Really?

Anyway, are we supposed to feel sorry for him?
Ffs.

He should read the recent threads on here for some perspective.

Arsenal wanted to keep him and offered a contract extension. (I thought £380k a week but whatever). He trains and is happy to play but they haven't put him in the squad for the Premier League or Champions League. I can't see what he's done wrong. Similar to Bale at Real Madrid really. Appalling decisions by the club who  then try and annoy the player to see if he will walk away from his contract. I'd happily play with the U23s  until the last day of my contract.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 19
jamesgtfc
October 21, 2020, 7:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,937
Gold Stars: 190
You can't blame players for signing massive contracts. The blame is with the clubs paying that stupid money.

If I was earning £60k per year and my boss was treating me badly, giving me minimum wage duties to do but the only other jobs available to me were for half the money, who is the mug? Me for putting up with it or the employee for under utilising me?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
ex-merseymariner
October 21, 2020, 7:55pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from jamesgtfc
You can't blame players for signing massive contracts. The blame is with the clubs paying that stupid money.

If I was earning £60k per year and my boss was treating me badly, giving me minimum wage duties to do but the only other jobs available to me were for half the money, who is the mug? Me for putting up with it or the employee for under utilising me?

Both make good points and I am not defending arsenal, or madrid regarding bale. It's just when the player moans it seems a little daft. I get the point you cant blame the player, but this scenario was always likely, signs a deal, new manager comes in,  doesnt fancy the player, player not keen to leave....stalemate. zzz

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
Gaffer58
October 21, 2020, 7:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Similar situation at Man U with Jones, evidently only just signed something like a 4 year contract and Solskar hasn’t picked him for his squad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
promotion plaice
October 21, 2020, 8:00pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,031
Gold Stars: 195

As has been said I can't see what Ozil has done wrong, obscene wages but if that's what he's been offered he isn't going to turn it down is he, would you?

And he offered to pay Gunnersaurus's wages  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
jamesgtfc
October 21, 2020, 8:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,937
Gold Stars: 190

Both make good points and I am not defending arsenal, or madrid regarding bale. It's just when the player moans it seems a little daft. I get the point you cant blame the player, but this scenario was always likely, signs a deal, new manager comes in,  doesnt fancy the player, player not keen to leave....stalemate. zzz

As someone permanently on show, it reduces what they can earn when they do move on. Ozil has been criticised for a lack of workrate though so I do understand some of the reason why this may be happening to him.

This kind of thng is exactly why Bennett is here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
cardiffmariner
October 21, 2020, 9:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,314
Gold Stars: 24

But your assuming just because he’s on 300k a week he can’t be anything but happy.

Whatever he’s paid doesn’t remove his right to complain about how his employers are treating him. Maybe he actually wants to do his job and play football. Or maybe he doesn’t like being scapegoated (which is where this all started some time ago).

As someone has already said, we’re quick to blame the player for taking the money but most of us would happily do the same given half a chance. The ridiculous amount of money at the top level isn’t the players fault, they’re just some of the lucky beneficiaries.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
moosey_club
October 21, 2020, 10:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,240
Gold Stars: 226
Has hardly torn trees up over the last season or two has he? Looked a proper mardy twet when he has played, hardly made himself a first team pick as a result.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
Henryscat
October 22, 2020, 11:16am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
So ruddy bloody brave

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Poor meszut ozil

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.