1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
forza ivano
October 21, 2020, 5:21pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
After last nights disappointment it's worth noting that weve actually only list 3 of the 8 games weve played, and it sounds that in only 1 of those defeats were we really bad.
Dont forget that it was entirely possible that ,with such a dreadful, late, ill prepared pre season , and with the tough run of games, that wed have no pints after 5 games, but here we are with 7 after 6also look at the opposition, weve beaten the 3rd place team, drawn and lost to harrogate in 4th, drawn with morecambe in 6th  lost and drawn with the mega bucks teams of salford and Bolton and lost to 10th place walsall.
We have only played Bolton in the 8 teams below us.
All this with an unfit bunch of newcomers and a 2 week covid disruption to add into it.
It's actually a tribute to the squad and management that weve played pretty well generally and got a few points on the board
Logged Offline
Private Message
arryarryarry
October 21, 2020, 6:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Have Bolton got mega bucks?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
mimma
October 21, 2020, 6:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,568
Gold Stars: 78
They have compared to us. Look at the players they have signed. Nathan Delfouneso for one. Blackpool had to release him because they couldn't afford his wages. He's now at Bolton.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
Les Brechin
October 21, 2020, 6:47pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,689
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from mimma
They have compared to us. Look at the players they have signed. Nathan Delfouneso for one. Blackpool had to release him because they couldn't afford his wages. He's now at Bolton.

Eoin Doyle won't have come cheap either!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
Gaffer58
October 21, 2020, 6:49pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,097
Gold Stars: 31
Thought Bolton were hard up, I could understand them paying decent wages if things were normal as I would assume they would be getting 10k + to their games but as there is no crowds their income shouldn’t be that much higher then ours.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
moosey_club
October 21, 2020, 10:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,202
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from Gaffer58
Thought Bolton were hard up, I could understand them paying decent wages if things were normal as I would assume they would be getting 10k + to their games but as there is no crowds their income shouldn’t be that much higher then ours.

I believe/read they have sold 7000 season tickets....so that's  a considerable amount of income over ours I would think.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
KingstonMariner
October 22, 2020, 4:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from forza ivano
After last nights disappointment it's worth noting that weve actually only list 3 of the 8 games weve played, and it sounds that in only 1 of those defeats were we really bad.
Dont forget that it was entirely possible that ,with such a dreadful, late, ill prepared pre season , and with the tough run of games, that wed have no pints after 5 games, but here we are with 7 after 6also look at the opposition, weve beaten the 3rd place team, drawn and lost to harrogate in 4th, drawn with morecambe in 6th  lost and drawn with the mega bucks teams of salford and Bolton and lost to 10th place walsall.
We have only played Bolton in the 8 teams below us.
All this with an unfit bunch of newcomers and a 2 week covid disruption to add into it.
It's actually a tribute to the squad and management that weve played pretty well generally and got a few points on the board

sodomist off with your perspective and positivity 😆

Actually one thing I will say is that the lack of a decent pre-season was a self-inflicted injury by the management. The rest is fair comment.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
forza ivano
October 25, 2020, 11:20am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
3 defeats in 9 now ,and another point gained against opposition in the play offs.when you think we've got the veggies next (4th place) we really have had a hard set of opening fixtures.
The good news is that after Tuesday we have a couple of months where (Newport and Exeter excepted) all the teams are around or below us
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
Henryscat
October 25, 2020, 11:43am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
Quoted from forza ivano
3 defeats in 9 now ,and another point gained against opposition in the play offs.when you think we've got the veggies next (4th place) we really have had a hard set of opening fixtures.
The good news is that after Tuesday we have a couple of months where (Newport and Exeter excepted) all the teams are around or below us

The way some are on this board everyone should be below us and we should have amassed 37 points from the 7 league games.

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A bit of perspective

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.