Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: forza ivano, October 21, 2020, 5:21pm
After last nights disappointment it's worth noting that weve actually only list 3 of the 8 games weve played, and it sounds that in only 1 of those defeats were we really bad.
Dont forget that it was entirely possible that ,with such a dreadful, late, ill prepared pre season , and with the tough run of games, that wed have no pints after 5 games, but here we are with 7 after 6also look at the opposition, weve beaten the 3rd place team, drawn and lost to harrogate in 4th, drawn with morecambe in 6th  lost and drawn with the mega bucks teams of salford and Bolton and lost to 10th place walsall.
We have only played Bolton in the 8 teams below us.
All this with an unfit bunch of newcomers and a 2 week covid disruption to add into it.
It's actually a tribute to the squad and management that weve played pretty well generally and got a few points on the board
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 21, 2020, 6:27pm; Reply: 1
Have Bolton got mega bucks?
Posted by: mimma, October 21, 2020, 6:32pm; Reply: 2
They have compared to us. Look at the players they have signed. Nathan Delfouneso for one. Blackpool had to release him because they couldn't afford his wages. He's now at Bolton.
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 21, 2020, 6:47pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from mimma
They have compared to us. Look at the players they have signed. Nathan Delfouneso for one. Blackpool had to release him because they couldn't afford his wages. He's now at Bolton.

Eoin Doyle won't have come cheap either!
Posted by: Gaffer58, October 21, 2020, 6:49pm; Reply: 4
Thought Bolton were hard up, I could understand them paying decent wages if things were normal as I would assume they would be getting 10k + to their games but as there is no crowds their income shouldn’t be that much higher then ours.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 21, 2020, 10:50pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Gaffer58
Thought Bolton were hard up, I could understand them paying decent wages if things were normal as I would assume they would be getting 10k + to their games but as there is no crowds their income shouldn’t be that much higher then ours.

I believe/read they have sold 7000 season tickets....so that's  a considerable amount of income over ours I would think.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 22, 2020, 4:01pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from forza ivano
After last nights disappointment it's worth noting that weve actually only list 3 of the 8 games weve played, and it sounds that in only 1 of those defeats were we really bad.
Dont forget that it was entirely possible that ,with such a dreadful, late, ill prepared pre season , and with the tough run of games, that wed have no pints after 5 games, but here we are with 7 after 6also look at the opposition, weve beaten the 3rd place team, drawn and lost to harrogate in 4th, drawn with morecambe in 6th  lost and drawn with the mega bucks teams of salford and Bolton and lost to 10th place walsall.
We have only played Bolton in the 8 teams below us.
All this with an unfit bunch of newcomers and a 2 week covid disruption to add into it.
It's actually a tribute to the squad and management that weve played pretty well generally and got a few points on the board

sodomist off with your perspective and positivity 😆

Actually one thing I will say is that the lack of a decent pre-season was a self-inflicted injury by the management. The rest is fair comment.
Posted by: forza ivano, October 25, 2020, 11:20am; Reply: 7
3 defeats in 9 now ,and another point gained against opposition in the play offs.when you think we've got the veggies next (4th place) we really have had a hard set of opening fixtures.
The good news is that after Tuesday we have a couple of months where (Newport and Exeter excepted) all the teams are around or below us
Posted by: Henryscat, October 25, 2020, 11:43am; Reply: 8
Quoted from forza ivano
3 defeats in 9 now ,and another point gained against opposition in the play offs.when you think we've got the veggies next (4th place) we really have had a hard set of opening fixtures.
The good news is that after Tuesday we have a couple of months where (Newport and Exeter excepted) all the teams are around or below us

The way some are on this board everyone should be below us and we should have amassed 37 points from the 7 league games.
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 2:18pm