2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
October 20, 2020, 11:44am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +786
Gold Stars: 113
GTFC have reported that over 1200 match passes were purchased for the Orient game on Saturday. PD previously stated that we received £8.60 for every match pass. Minus the first 500, that equates to over £6000 in the coffers from an away game.

Will be interesting to see how many match passes are bought for tonights, and Saturdays, game, and then add 500 more from the away team.

Even if the same number of MP are bought, plus the extra 500, meaning at least 1700, that means nearly another £15k in the coffers. All money that can help towards surviving the season financially.

Now if those figures could be repeated for every game through the season, and I cant see why they couldnt, Town could make around £450000 from iFollow this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
GrimRob
October 20, 2020, 11:48am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
It's good but many fans are still not watching, let's try and get 1500 or 2000. Improving the service would help, as results obviously would too. So hopefully online gates will rise.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 19
Southwark Mariner
October 20, 2020, 11:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from GrimRob
It's good but many fans are still not watching, let's try and get 1500 or 2000. Improving the service would help, as results obviously would too. So hopefully online gates will rise.

Monday's Cod Almighty diary was a plain example of people put off watching because of iFollow but persuaded to attempt it based on positive results (not covid!).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
bigbadmarinerbob
October 20, 2020, 12:36pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +122
Gold Stars: 2
After Saturday's I follow debacle I will not buy it again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
pen penfras
October 20, 2020, 12:47pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -141
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from bigbadmarinerbob
After Saturday's I follow debacle I will not buy it again

What happened? I had a few problems on Saturday, and I think there might be a bug with the way the player works. If I scrolled so that the player wasn't fully on the screen it would start buffering and not recover. Did this about 5 times and then it worked when I stopped scrolling so far. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but it had been playing fine until I did that and was fine afterwards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
arryarryarry
October 20, 2020, 12:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,939
GTFC have reported that over 1200 match passes were purchased for the Orient game on Saturday. PD previously stated that we received £8.60 for every match pass. Minus the first 500, that equates to over £6000 in the coffers from an away game.

Will be interesting to see how many match passes are bought for tonights, and Saturdays, game, and then add 500 more from the away team.

Even if the same number of MP are bought, plus the extra 500, meaning at least 1700, that means nearly another £15k in the coffers. All money that can help towards surviving the season financially.

Now if those figures could be repeated for every game through the season, and I cant see why they couldnt, Town could make around £450000 from iFollow this season.

Expecting 500 Harrogate fans might be a tad optimistic if we are getting only 1200 for an away game.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
RichMariner
October 20, 2020, 12:51pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
I'm desperate to watch a Town game on iFollow but I'm still hearing too many people say they're having bad experiences with the platform.

I doubt they'll somehow rectify all problems at once (fans continue to purchase match passes anyway, so I don't know what iFollow's motivation is). And, whether others agree with me or not, I just feel like this season is 'training' us to watch Town from home, from our computer screens and laptops.

So when fans are allowed back in the ground, I just wonder how many will continue purchasing match passes as it's become more convenient for them to do so.

I appreciate the vast majority of us here would always choose to get ourselves down to BP, or wherever our away game is being played, but for the floating fans it's turning fourth division football into a watch-at-home sport.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
Southwark Mariner
October 20, 2020, 1:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from RichMariner
I'm desperate to watch a Town game on iFollow but I'm still hearing too many people say they're having bad experiences with the platform.

1200 people purchased just on the GTFC side, not counting Leyton Orient's own support. If there was actually a real issue you'd see far more complaints. You're not hearing the thousands of people who have zero problems.

My own internet is standard broadband. if my parents visit with their endless mac products my internet can't cope. I think their devices start backing up to the cloud once they join my wifi. If I turn the wifi off, internet is fine (wired to my PC). I suspect a lot of issues are down to the fact households are trying to do too much, netflix streaming in one room, ifollow streaming in another, some devices backing up to the cloud etc etc. I don't know though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
arryarryarry
October 20, 2020, 1:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,939
Quoted from RichMariner

I doubt they'll somehow rectify all problems at once (fans continue to purchase match passes anyway, so I don't know what iFollow's motivation is). And, whether others agree with me or not, I just feel like this season is 'training' us to watch Town from home, from our computer screens and laptops.

So when fans are allowed back in the ground, I just wonder how many will continue purchasing match passes as it's become more convenient for them to do so.

I appreciate the vast majority of us here would always choose to get ourselves down to BP, or wherever our away game is being played, but for the floating fans it's turning fourth division football into a watch-at-home sport.

I assume that when fans are allowed back into stadiums without restriction then UK based fans will be banned from buying match passes for iFollow as per last season.

With regard to the so called "floating fans" I do wonder if many will get out of the habit of going to games and just not bother anymore.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
grimsby pete
October 20, 2020, 1:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Don't be put off watching i follow because a few have had problems most people say it's fine and enjoy seeing the game.

I myself having been watching for years and although the commentary has sometimes been a bit out of sinc the picture was ok but that was years ago, I have had no problems this year.

Come on you mariners !!!!!!!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Latest iFollow income

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.