Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Leyton Orient match thread (sponsored by TCP)
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 324 Guests

Leyton Orient match thread (sponsored by TCP)

This thread currently has 32,619 views. Print
23 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
Stockport Mariner
October 17, 2020, 11:21pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 8
Holloway talks about how he was unhappy with our 2nd half performance in his post match interview, which is fair enough, but don’t remember McKeown having a save to make.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 228
KingstonMariner
October 17, 2020, 11:32pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GrimRob

I haven't seen it again yet but I saw that on the first viewing. The thing is the ref didn't I presume, so therefore the ball was still live (from the ref's point if view) when it struck Pollock. I fully agree that there was a hand ball by them if the ref didn't spot it then we were very lucky to get away with ours.

If the ref didn’t spot our handball they were equally lucky that he did didn’t  spot their handball just before. Once you use terms like ‘luck’ then you have to apply the same term to other situations too. Given that their ‘good luck’ led to our ‘good luck’ you’d have to say it evened out. The second situation would not have arisen if the first had been spotted. I don’t feel we were in the least bit fortunate.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 228
gtfc98
October 17, 2020, 11:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 65
When does this genius idea from Science John to inject kids with Covid going to turn into a reality?

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 228
KingstonMariner
October 17, 2020, 11:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Squeaky Science.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 228
Stockport Mariner
October 17, 2020, 11:58pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 8
Ah yes the widely discredited herd immunity theory. A quick bit of internet research On the ONS website suggests that the death rate for under 24s is only 0.22%. The problem is around 20% of the UKs population is under 24, which is 13.4m people. Let’s say 3.4m people in this age group have already had it, the death rate could potentially be 10m x 0.22% = 22,000 deaths. I suspect John is not quite as clever as Holloway thinks he is. I’d certainly prefer my 21 year old son didn’t get it thank you very much, as some of our kids may just be one of the unlucky ones.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 228
moosey_club
October 18, 2020, 12:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Well....3 games, 7 points, 6 goals....pretty good week given the 3/4 weeks previous weeks.

Been treated to a couple of cracking games this week, full of effort and energy and entertainment. Today, similar to the Cheltenham game, we pressed high and hard, great to see the effort and application from whoever is selected. Ollie obviously instilling a good ethic.
Slightly worried by the starting 11 on first viewing, didnt look lively enough for me attack wise and after conceding early i feared the worst....but the team responded very well and bossed the rest of the half, played some nice attacking football and never let Orient settle.
Green unlucky with the awkward header but Waterfall making sure from the subsequent corner, Williams ( a much much much improved display today ) finishing off a lovely pass with an assured finish.

Whether it was the break, the half time substitution or tiredness we didnt get going second half , and eventually they deservedly equalised. Although under the cosh we still looked as though we could do something if we could just relax or find the right pass, wasted some very good opportunities and when it looked like we were heading for a point Windsor summoned up the energy to drive and carry the ball 40/50 yds and everybodys favourite O 's player Clay clumsily brought him down.

As Les said earlier....never a doubt when Gibson took the ball and placed it on the spot   ...haha.

Rode our luck at times but as someone once said...the harder you work the luckier you get......and Waterfall ......surely needs to be in the next X- Men movie as he clearly has an invisible arm  

All played their part today, worked hard and were rewarded for it.

UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 228
SheepGTFC
October 18, 2020, 3:40am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +283
Gold Stars: 6
From my POV it looks like the players are gelling well together. Looks like they're bonding quite nicely as a group.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 228
lukeo
October 18, 2020, 6:58am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,304
Gold Stars: 134
Up the flipping mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 228
jamesgtfc
October 18, 2020, 9:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from SheepGTFC
From my POV it looks like the players are gelling well together. Looks like they're bonding quite nicely as a group.

The difficult job is going to be keeping them all happy.

Great week. 4 points off the play offs and relegation zone now!

If we got our positive case now and had Bradford next week I bet they would fully support us postponing the fixture.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 228
HertsGTFC
October 18, 2020, 10:11am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,642
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from jamesgtfc

The difficult job is going to be keeping them all happy.

Great week. 4 points off the play offs and relegation zone now!

If we got our positive case now and had Bradford next week I bet they would fully support us postponing the fixture.

There’s so many games that even when the unfit players come back then everyone should be involved at some stage. It looks like Ollie is trying to establish a pattern on play that people can drop in and out of.

Also the strategy of brining in loans and free agents which are both usually cost effective means that we can have a squad size to cope with the congestion.

When you think that Hanson, Wright, Scannell, Moshini and the lad from Bristol Rovers weren’t involved yesterday then things could develop even further.

What I’ve enjoyed in the last few games is the Young lads the likes of Taylor, Tilley, Edwards, Preston, Pollock, Windsor etc.. all just giving It a dammed good go and looking fearless.

Amazing to think that Harry Clifton in terms of 1st team experience Is in reality a senior pro in some of our starting line ups...... well kind of.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 209 - 228
23 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Leyton Orient match thread (sponsored by TCP)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.