4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
September 29, 2020, 1:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Ironically I’ve just had my call from track and trace to tell me my self isolation rules, at no point did the call handler mention I’d be okay to go out if I had a game against Ryan Sparks’ Bradford.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 34
HertsGTFC
September 29, 2020, 2:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
What a stupid suggestion regardless of who suggested it, anything that would encourage a “take the risk” approach should be condemned.

As for Bradford fans views we are so bad that they failed to beat us twice last year and they like us are currently a 4th tier side.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 34
Abdul19
September 29, 2020, 2:18pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 213
Does 'Director of Communications' just mean 'kid wot does the social media n' that'?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 34
Grantham_Mariner
September 29, 2020, 2:42pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from Abdul19
Does 'Director of Communications' just mean 'kid wot does the social media n' that'?

No it means he is a bigwig in Bradford because he has a Greyhound instead of a whippet  (True)

He is a Director on the board of Bradford City but he likes Speedway better than football I believe.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 34
GrimRob
September 29, 2020, 2:42pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Only a matter of time before Bradford's squad get infected than this moron will be regretting his words.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 34
jamesgtfc
September 29, 2020, 2:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,814
Gold Stars: 187
Our results thus far speak for themselves but I'm guessing Bradford have had us scouted too. It doesn't take a genius to work out that the report will state how unfit we are.

So, recent results and our glaringly obvious lack of fitness, you can see why the massive Bradford City want to play us. Would they be singing the same tune if we looked really fit and won our first 2 games? I think not.

We have only heard the Philip Day side of the story and aren't privy to the email from the EFL but our understanding is that the decision on what to do was with us and the option we've taken was one of those given to us as advice from various sources. Essentially, if we played the game last Saturday or even this coming Saturday against Bradford and consequently infected someone else who went on to fall victim or pass it onto an elderly relative that went on to die from the virus then Philip Day would have to live with that.

I would like to see what the bright Spark at Bradford would do in a similar situation. If I was put in that situation, I would be taking the most risk averse approach.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 34
HertsGTFC
September 29, 2020, 3:21pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,628
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from Abdul19

That was his old job apparently.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 34
StaffsMariner
September 29, 2020, 4:18pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 6
As i see it it's a case of our Manager and Chairman are taking covid seriously, putting health and wellbeing before football. On the other hand the Bradford Chairman seems to want to put football first.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 34
It Bites
September 29, 2020, 4:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +5 / -8
Approval: +1,967
Gold Stars: 238
He entitled to his opinion. I don't know why you are getting worked up about it . Just move on .
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 34
louth_in_the_south
September 29, 2020, 6:10pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,551
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

No it means he is a bigwig in Bradford because he has a Greyhound instead of a whippet  (True)

He is a Director on the board of Bradford City but he likes Speedway better than football I believe.

Anyone who likes speedway is just a red neck so can’t be taken seriously

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ryan Sparks again

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.