WayneBurnettsJockstrap
September 29, 2020, 12:03pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +787
Gold Stars: 113
https://www.grimsbytelegraph.c.....grimsby-town-4557890

The little gobshite is at it again. Hes now calling for teams to be given a walkover and awarded 3 points if opposing teams call games off because of positive C19 tests.

What a tool! What a TOTAL tool!

To me it sounds like bullying tactics. I can just imagine him standing up in front of anyone who will listen to him and shouting

"WE ARE A BIG CLUB SO PEOPLE WILL LISTEN"

Sadly Ryan, nobody is listening to you. Get back in your corner where you belong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
denni266
September 29, 2020, 12:07pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +634
Gold Stars: 128
Kama will get them .just sit back and watch
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 34
KingstonMariner
September 29, 2020, 12:16pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
He’s not the brightest spark is he. Somehow thinking that catching it is a voluntary thing.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 34
Henryscat
September 29, 2020, 12:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
The thick Yorkies will lap someone like him up though.

I don’t wish ill on anyone but I might smirk if they have to cancel games

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 34
Poojah
September 29, 2020, 12:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,489
He makes some good points; let's create a culture where clubs are actively punished for positive coronavirus tests and therefore incentivised to fail to disclose symptomatic individuals and / or positive tests.

I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 34
ginnywings
September 29, 2020, 12:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
According to Bantam Talk, we are a "no mark" club who are running scared of playing them because they are the Real Madrid of League 2 and have just smashed the mighty Stevenage 2-1, their first win of the season, while we are in complete disarray and heading for relegation with a crappy manager at the helm, so want the season curtailed.

I don't know who instigated the cancellation of this game. Some say we acted unilaterally and are under investigation for doing so, and no doubt our board will say we acted within the rules.

I'm as baffled as the Bradford fans as to why our games are being called off and theirs with Stevenage wasn't, despite them having 3 positive tests. But surely this whole mess is down to the EFL and their lack of clearly set guidelines. It pretty much mirrors government procedures in everyday life during covid, in that nobody seems to know what you are allowed, and not allowed to do on a daily basis.

It's bad enough living with all this sh1te, without clubs falling out with each other over what is just a game of football at the end of the day. There are bigger concerns here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 34
marinerdazza
September 29, 2020, 1:00pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
Did Bradford spend a lot in close season?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 34
pontoonlew
September 29, 2020, 1:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Reading the Bradford forum is pretty entertaining. Apparently it’s due to our bad start and fitness, Holloway is excrement etc etc.

Firstly, on what planet is closing our training ground going to aid our fitness? Secondly, we’re TWO games in ffs

Apparently Holloway has little between the ears, which is rich judging by the comments on there.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 34
Grantham_Mariner
September 29, 2020, 1:24pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
Ryan Sparks, what a complete moron.

So if we played the match on Saturday, Ryan Sparks knowing we have had a positive test, someone at Bradford get it off an infected Town player. He opens a door which Ryan Sparks touches and infects himself. He visits relatives (Outside max 6) and infects two of them. What who you say then Mr Mighty Ryan Sparks then !

Just grow up and stop being selfish Mr Ryan Sparks and think of other not just yourself and Bradford City. We all want to get through this pandemic, but lives and peoples health and well being come way in front of football!    

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 34
diehardmariner
September 29, 2020, 1:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +17,065
Gold Stars: 518
Quoted Text
“The only thing we can do as clubs is stick to the protocol as tightly as we can. Do everything to make sure our players avoid putting themselves at risk.

“It could happen to us for sure but it goes without saying that we will go about our business in a different way to Grimsby Town if it does.”

I think we'll do well to find such stark contradictions again within two paragraphs.  What a tool.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 34
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ryan Sparks again

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.