ginnywings
September 26, 2020, 3:43pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,109
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from pontoonlew

As already mentioned, we’ve just blindly followed the advice without seemingly using our own heads at all. Exactly as what happened with Vernam.

The EFL are absolutely useless, so why do we keep taking their advice (and that’s all it is, advice) as gospel? Makes us just as useless as they are IMO

But the EFL have clearly not given any definitive advice. They have more or less left it to each club and each club has decided on a different outcome.

There is no consistency, or clear rules. To my mind, peoples health comes first and I think the season should have been scrapped altogether until it was safe to start, but that's just me, others will think differently.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 63
promotion plaice
September 26, 2020, 3:44pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from pontoonlew

As already mentioned, we’ve just blindly followed the advice without seemingly using our own heads at all. Exactly as what happened with Vernam.

The EFL are absolutely useless, so why do we keep taking their advice (and that’s all it is, advice) as gospel? Makes us just as useless as they are IMO

Surely if we have followed the EFL advice at least we can't be punished.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 63
sapper mariner
September 26, 2020, 3:48pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +486
Gold Stars: 7
its also worth noting that Leyton orient could be fined for breaching covid protocols. Its seems as if we are dammed if we do and dammed if we don't

Ubique
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 63
Sammo
September 26, 2020, 3:52pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +171
If we have followed EFL advice then surely we cannot punished. Surely without testing we hdve followed the correct procedure with regards to isolating and chose not to put others at risk.

The EFL are an utter joke organisation and can only see this situation being more chaotic.  

Scrap the season now, two games in no harm, no arguments regarding promotion and relegation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 63
Mariner93er
September 26, 2020, 3:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
Not sure why you’ve such a hostile view to the club over this decision. Surely it was a common sense decision. I’d certainly be questioning it more if we had played today. And if we had, and Cheltenham players caught Covid, can you imagine the backlash.

As others have said, this season is already a farce and needs to be cut short.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 63
lee65
September 26, 2020, 4:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Mariner93er
Not sure why you’ve such a hostile view to the club over this decision. Surely it was a common sense decision. I’d certainly be questioning it more if we had played today. And if we had, and Cheltenham players caught Covid, can you imagine the backlash.

As others have said, this season is already a farce and needs to be cut short.

No to be fair, can’t see as the club have done a lot wrong given the current situation
As with much of the COVID situation, total lack of clarity from governing bodies,

For EFL and football starting, read Government with schools and Uni’s going back, no consistent guidance in place for what to do when the obvious likely outcome happens  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 63
Bigdog
September 26, 2020, 4:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Like the rest of the country, football and GTFC have to get on with the season. It was never going to be perfect, but with a financial package on the way, we're going to have to make the best of it. There's no assurance Covid is going to go away anytime in the near future and there could be bigger dangers for clubs going into extended hibernation, especially Leagues One, Two and below.

I'm a bit ashamed to read that most of our fanbase on here want the season ending. Just as bad as one or two Premier League clubs trying to cancel relegation in the summer, and most probably influenced by a poor transfer window, ins and outs, and an horrific start to the season. Opinions wouldn't be the same if we'd kept the best players out of last season's squad and we'd have beaten Walsall away and smashed Salford at home 4-0. The pedantic attitude of the club has rubbed off on the fans and GTFC as a whole has become as meek as mice..

Stop wittering, take blows on the chin, make the best of circumstances like others have and get on with it FFS. Excuse after excuse, self pity ad nauseum..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 63
moosey_club
September 26, 2020, 4:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
It maybe that we actually help on having some clear guidance or additional assistance given ,  

looking inwardly it looks like we have maybe done the bare minimum to avoid playing when we have had a sh1t start, full of injuries, suspension and bemoaning fitness....
looking outwardly we have followed the EFL guidance...

With so many various decisions by individual clubs/ chairman already surely the EFL will have to now issue a rigid guidance so all clubs know where they stand and what to do.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 63
Bigdog
September 26, 2020, 4:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from moosey_club
It maybe that we actually help on having some clear guidance or additional assistance given ,  

looking inwardly it looks like we have maybe done the bare minimum to avoid playing when we have had a sh1t start, full of injuries, suspension and bemoaning fitness....
looking outwardly we have followed the EFL guidance...

With so many various decisions by individual clubs/ chairman already surely the EFL will have to now issue a rigid guidance so all clubs know where they stand and what to do.

You can bet your bottom dollar that GTFC have met the minimum requirements re Covid, ie the cheapest. And as yet we have only seen or heard the club's interpretation of the EFL's guidance.. just like the Vernam situation. I have the same low level of trust in GTFC as I have for the EFL, which is a crying shame having committed my allegiance for a lifetime..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 63
moosey_club
September 26, 2020, 4:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Bigdog

You can bet your bottom dollar that GTFC have met the minimum requirements re Covid, ie the cheapest. And as yet we have only seen or heard the club's interpretation of the EFL's guidance.. just like the Vernam situation. I have the same low level of trust in GTFC as I have for the EFL, which is a crying shame having committed my allegiance for a lifetime..

We probably have....but if we have met the minimum requirements then we are still compliant, understandable from a business position especially from a man/board who has no money or desire to finance the club themselves.
If it comes to light that we have not followed guidance and are penalised in anyway then we know who to hold accountable.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stevenage Game On

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.