5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
September 24, 2020, 3:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,093
Gold Stars: 520
It's not like they've gone back and forth so far is it?

The March date isn't one set in stone, it's just a comment he made at the end of his statement that seemed to come from nowhere.  
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 45
Northbank Mariner
September 24, 2020, 3:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Think we could be in for a shock, now Carl Henegan and Sunita Gupta are part of SAGE and are both pro the Swedish approach coupled with the fact that Vallance has been found out to have £600k stake holding in GSK(One of the proposed vaccine manufacturers) which leaves him with a conflict of interest and will either have to step down or be removed from SAGE Boris is losing a battle with increasing pressure from Henegan and Gupta to reverse on his recent restrictions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 45
mimma
September 24, 2020, 3:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
This government gave grouse shooters exemption from the law surrounding groups so the gentry can quite happily shoot grouse in a group of however many they want. They cited the fact that they are outdoors as the reason.

One law for the ruling classes?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 45
thornemariner
September 24, 2020, 7:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +596
Gold Stars: 22
I was going to run two season tickets this year with one at Town and one at Brentford. I paid for the BFC ticket in May having made a deposit to reserve a seat with friends in January. I hoped Brentford would play fair with supporters if this season turned out to be badly disrupted as I expected it to be as far back as February.

I declined to get a Town ST on the terms offered. Brentford fans have been contacted today with three options. One is to freeze the 20/21 ST until 21/22 with no added cost irrespective of league status and any games seen this season offset against the 21/22 ticket. iFollow will be free until December.

Second option is a 75% refund with the 25% a deposit for 21/22. Third option is a full refund.

BFC are very upset with the way the government have handled this and don't expect to admit any fans for the entirety of the 20/21 season. That wouldn't surprise me.

I think they've handled the situation very well. I appreciate that the club have a wealthy benefactor and their business and recruitment model has made a lot of money but they have been generous to their supporters.

Private Message
Reply: 43 - 45
Welwynmariner
September 24, 2020, 10:20pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Think we could be in for a shock, now Carl Henegan and Sunita Gupta are part of SAGE and are both pro the Swedish approach coupled with the fact that Vallance has been found out to have £600k stake holding in GSK(One of the proposed vaccine manufacturers) which leaves him with a conflict of interest and will either have to step down or be removed from SAGE Boris is losing a battle with increasing pressure from Henegan and Gupta to reverse on his recent restrictions.

Most of us have a stake in a firm like GSK if we have an occupational pension, I know a lot of mine was in Vodafone shares. I think Vallance worked for them at a senior level so it's unsurprising that he would have some form of holding as part of his pension.

It's one of the few British "Big Pharma" companies so we ought to be hoping that the GSK research comes good. I've junked Colgate (made in Poland) toothpaste for Sensodyne (a GSK product made in the UK or so it says on the packaging).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 45
Northbank Mariner
September 25, 2020, 6:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from Welwynmariner

Most of us have a stake in a firm like GSK if we have an occupational pension, I know a lot of mine was in Vodafone shares. I think Vallance worked for them at a senior level so it's unsurprising that he would have some form of holding as part of his pension.

It's one of the few British "Big Pharma" companies so we ought to be hoping that the GSK research comes good. I've junked Colgate (made in Poland) toothpaste for Sensodyne (a GSK product made in the UK or so it says on the packaging).

It's not "you" that has stskes/shares in the industry, it's your pension provided/trust fund that does. Vallance was gifted those shares as part of a golden handshake therefore he personally benefits from any profits that company makes hence he is now has a conflict of interest, it's rumoured if GSK get the go ahead with the vaccine he stands to make circa £12m.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 45
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › No fans till March

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.