thefish
September 18, 2020, 12:47pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from Mariner8
All I'm saying, is Holloway said before that he wasn't interested, wasn't In talks etc... Now has been... Clearly loves throwing smoke up , knows if he says we're close and then it falls through that fans will kick off.

He outright said no interest, but was actually in talks,  so 'its v unlikely' may well not mean so.

Agree that Bogle is v much a confidence player that loves being the centre of a club.

Everyone discounted Holloway coming, but the board got it done, so let's not lay into them just yet.

I'm confused- do I get Bogle on my new town top or not?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 70
HertsGTFC
September 18, 2020, 1:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,880
Gold Stars: 227
Despite the doubters at this level he'd be a good addition for any club, but it won't be us as his agent has an obligation to get him the best deal possible, though looking at some of the moves he's has I'm not sure if his agent is all that clever TBH.

I hope that he gets some stability as given a good run of games he'll start scoring for sure, not only for what he did in the short time he was with us but also it looks like he's been treated like a commodity over the last few years and deserves much better.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 70
RichMariner
September 18, 2020, 3:04pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,138
Gold Stars: 209
Bogle is 27. If he signs for us and has an explosive year then, at 28, he might get another big move next summer.

Amond was 27 when he decided to drop into non-league and sign for us. While Hartlepool may not have been the sort of club (or level) he was hoping for, being at Town put him in the shop window and I'd argue the move to Town kick-started a career that struggled to get going before then.

I'd be surprised if a Championship club comes in for Bogle now. A League 1 club could take a punt but, given that he hasn't played much football, would they chuck him in as their star striker and play him every week?

I'm totally biased but purely on football terms Bogle needs to play at a level where he excels, find a club that will adore him and bang some goals in. What happens after that is anyone's guess, but it must beat sitting at home, twiddling your thumbs, holding out for a club that may pay you a decent wage but end up sitting on benches or — worse still — fading from the game before you even turn 30.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 42 - 70
cardiffmariner
September 18, 2020, 3:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +1,308
Gold Stars: 24
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Despite the doubters at this level he'd be a good addition for any club, but it won't be us as his agent has an obligation to get him the best deal possible, though looking at some of the moves he's has I'm not sure if his agent is all that clever TBH.

I hope that he gets some stability as given a good run of games he'll start scoring for sure, not only for what he did in the short time he was with us but also it looks like he's been treated like a commodity over the last few years and deserves much better.    

I think his agent has been very good to him. Consider the various signing on fees over the last few years and then his wages on top of that. If he’s coming back, he’s coming back a far richer man than when he left. He’s also given Bogle the opportunity to play continuously at a higher level - whether he’s been capable of full filling that is another thing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 70
Gaffer58
September 18, 2020, 4:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
With hindsight is Bogle now thinking what might have happened if he had seen that particular season out with us knocking in a few goals, I would believe his options would have been increased as to where he next went, but as said earlier he will have already had a couple of decent sign on fees and weekly wages of a few thousand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 70
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 18, 2020, 5:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Gaffer58
With hindsight is Bogle now thinking what might have happened if he had seen that particular season out with us knocking in a few goals, I would believe his options would have been increased as to where he next went, but as said earlier he will have already had a couple of decent sign on fees and weekly wages of a few thousand.

So you mean the club didn’t force the sale through ?? 🤷🏻🤔

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 70
Gaffer58
September 18, 2020, 5:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Ah, I forgot about that, just assumed nowadays the players had all the power regarding transfers as to if and where they went. At least his fee enabled the club to pay off another wedge of the non chairman’s ( at the time) loan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 70
Limerick Mariner
September 18, 2020, 5:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,662
Gold Stars: 136
At 27 he should be in his prime and needs to be playing every week. League 1 or a League 2 club with a bit of wedge would be his level given his (not very impressive) recent history. It could have been us but we don't have the cash - we are relatively well supported for League 2 and because we don't have a wealthy sugar daddy it means we've lost more than others through COVID - 1,700 season ticket holders to start with.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 70
livvo
September 18, 2020, 5:59pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +133
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from livosnose

Look pal make no mistake you may wake up some time soon with a dead parmo in your bed.  

Enough said, I will stop masquerading as you immediately 🤣🤣
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 70
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
September 18, 2020, 10:14pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +827
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
.... we've lost more than others through COVID - 1,700 season ticket holders to start with.

We may have lost a good few ST sales BUT who's to say that those who have chosen not to gamble on paying out for a ST haven't bought an iFollow season ticket or pay on a match to match basis. If the club get money from each pass purchased, then possibly the club won't lose out by such a large margin as you are insinuating.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bogle not signing

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.