Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Chairman's Statement - Pilot Games
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 352 Guests

Chairman's Statement - Pilot Games

This thread currently has 3,944 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
September 16, 2020, 9:56pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,956
Gold Stars: 189

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
September 16, 2020, 10:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Another decent statement by PD.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
mimma
September 17, 2020, 12:25am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
Given two and a half hours notice to apply??? What planet are they on FFS, no chance to organise it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
Northbank Mariner
September 17, 2020, 6:39am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,389
Gold Stars: 170
It's a good statement but there's no way they shouldn't have been ready by now. It's 2 1/2 weeks to the 2nd October, if I'm having to enter a storage tank that contains some pretty hazardous materials then the entry, permit to work, isolations, staffing etc are planned 6 months in advance and these will all be in place and reviewed circa 6 weeks prior to the work going ahead and the reviewed on a weekly basis to ensure all controls are still valid just in case there's been a change in circumstances. Just saying they've had this date in their heads for at least 2-3 months now, sorry, but there's a level of incompetence on someone's part here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
pen penfras
September 17, 2020, 7:57am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -140
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
It's a good statement but there's no way they shouldn't have been ready by now. It's 2 1/2 weeks to the 2nd October, if I'm having to enter a storage tank that contains some pretty hazardous materials then the entry, permit to work, isolations, staffing etc are planned 6 months in advance and these will all be in place and reviewed circa 6 weeks prior to the work going ahead and the reviewed on a weekly basis to ensure all controls are still valid just in case there's been a change in circumstances. Just saying they've had this date in their heads for at least 2-3 months now, sorry, but there's a level of incompetence on someone's part here.

What a load of balderdash. This isn't remotely comparable to that situation. The club have been working to a deadline that they were given no notice that it might change. They have a meeting with the SAG on Friday, that's way in advance of the scheduled date so they can act on anything that needs to change.

I suppose they could have hired a load more people at extra cost to suck up more precious money in the hope that it got brought forward, but there's been no rhetoric suggesting that might happen and I was very surprised to see that news the other day
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
Northbank Mariner
September 17, 2020, 8:05am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from pen penfras

What a load of balderdash. This isn't remotely comparable to that situation. The club have been working to a deadline that they were given no notice that it might change. They have a meeting with the SAG on Friday, that's way in advance of the scheduled date so they can act on anything that needs to change.

I suppose they could have hired a load more people at extra cost to suck up more precious money in the hope that it got brought forward, but there's been no rhetoric suggesting that might happen and I was very surprised to see that news the other day

It's called planning and scheduling, it takes one person to do it!..so yes, it is comparable before you start shouting expletives you f@ckibg twit!!..sorry if that hurts your agenda to protect the board at every level but this time they could have been ahead of the curve.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
KingstonMariner
September 17, 2020, 8:33am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

To use your comparison, it’s like having the worked planned and then being asked at 2 1/2 hours notice to bring it forward two weeks.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
Northbank Mariner
September 17, 2020, 8:43am
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner

To use your comparison, it’s like having the worked planned and then being asked at 2 1/2 hours notice to bring it forward two weeks.

And we'd be in a position to do that, in fact we'd be in a position to bring it forward at anytime 4 weeks prior to the drop dead date. People can red cross and argue the point but I'll stand by my view that the club have had plenty of time to organise this, they knew the protocols and so would the SAG, how come all those that are having their 1000 fans attend this week are doing so?. They planned and we're ready to go as soon as the government and the EFL gave the go ahead?..Forward thinking/planning that's how, something we know historically the GTFC board have no comprehension of.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
friskneymariner
September 17, 2020, 8:58am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Called contingency planning.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
denni266
September 17, 2020, 9:23am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +636
Gold Stars: 129
I think its fair to mention that with only 1000 fans in the ground and they will be season ticket holders i guess , That the club will gain nothing out of it and will lose out as there will be all the same running cost of putting a game on and it would be like throwing cash down the drain , Cash we cannot afford to throw away .We need more fans in than that so some cash can be made if only to cover what we would lose
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Chairman's Statement - Pilot Games

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.