Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Salford at home Saturday
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 195 Guests

Salford at home Saturday

This thread currently has 6,880 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
September 15, 2020, 10:52pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,956
Gold Stars: 189

After the disappointing result against Walsall and some would say performance let's hope we can up it against Salford and get a result.

At where we are now I think I'd take a point just to take the early pressure off but three would be great.

Thoughts?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Poojah
September 15, 2020, 11:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,151
Gold Stars: 1,490
Salford are away at Everton tomorrow night. Even without a crowd you'd expect them to put out a strong side - it's just too dangerous against Premier League opposition, second string or not. The gulf between Chelsea and our first team this time last year was absolutely astonishing.

Assuming they put out something close to their best side, there can be no excuses on Saturday - at least not fitness related ones. I felt coming into this season that we might see some strange results throughout the leagues early doors, and while there haven't been as many as I thought Lincoln beat Bradford 5-0 at Valley Parade this evening, despite the Bantams having more possession, more shots and more corners.

Physical conditioning has probably never been more important in professional football than it is right now. For once in these weird and frustrating times we appear to have an advantage on Saturday - it's important we take it and build some momentum.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 33
Rick12
September 16, 2020, 6:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Think its going to be tough as Salford are  backed up by serious investors.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 33
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
September 16, 2020, 7:12am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +786
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Rick12
Think its going to be tough as Salford are  backed up by serious investors.

Now that the wage cap has been brought in, money shouldn't come into it as much now.

I mean, it's not like they have a billionaire backer and we have got two brass farthings to rub together, is it?

Oh, hang on..........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 33
Rick12
September 16, 2020, 7:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45

Now that the wage cap has been brought in, money shouldn't come into it as much now.

I didnt realise that.Thanks for the information.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 33
jaygy
September 16, 2020, 7:39am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: +2,351
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from Poojah
Salford are away at Everton tomorrow night. Even without a crowd you'd expect them to put out a strong side - it's just too dangerous against Premier League opposition, second string or not. The gulf between Chelsea and our first team this time last year was absolutely astonishing.

Assuming they put out something close to their best side, there can be no excuses on Saturday - at least not fitness related ones. I felt coming into this season that we might see some strange results throughout the leagues early doors, and while there haven't been as many as I thought Lincoln beat Bradford 5-0 at Valley Parade this evening, despite the Bantams having more possession, more shots and more corners.

Physical conditioning has probably never been more important in professional football than it is right now. For once in these weird and frustrating times we appear to have an advantage on Saturday - it's important we take it and build some momentum.

I'm sure exeter said the same after we played chelsea midweek last season....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 33
Abdul19
September 16, 2020, 8:06am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Rumour has it that Salford are part owned by some former Man Utd players. Anyone else heard this?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
Poojah
September 16, 2020, 8:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,151
Gold Stars: 1,490
Quoted from jaygy

I'm sure exeter said the same after we played chelsea midweek last season....

Very different circumstances. No clubs have been able to have what you would call a normal pre-season and players at this level are still recovering from going five months from being able to play or even train competitively.

To go from virtually nothing to playing Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday is incredibly tough on players’ bodies, particularly when your opposition has had a week of recovery.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 33
jamesgtfc
September 16, 2020, 10:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,814
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from Poojah

Very different circumstances. No clubs have been able to have what you would call a normal pre-season and players at this level are still recovering from going five months from being able to play or even train competitively.

To go from virtually nothing to playing Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday is incredibly tough on players’ bodies, particularly when your opposition has had a week of recovery.

I don't want to speak to soon but if we win on Saturday, Macca taking our last penalty could turn out to be a good decision...
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
Ipswin
September 16, 2020, 11:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I don't want to speak to soon but if we win on Saturday, Macca taking our last penalty could turn out to be a good decision...

Or if someone else had stepped up we would have a home tie with Newcastle lined up

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Salford at home Saturday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.