Ipswin
September 2, 2020, 3:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from promotion plaice

He was the player that was hailed as the best thing since sliced bread when he first played for us, remember now  

That happens everytime we sign someone,

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 92
Jarmo.Is.God
September 2, 2020, 3:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from promotion plaice

He was the player that was hailed as the best thing since sliced bread when he first played for us, remember now  

He's still a good player, and can play a big part IMO
Him and Mohsni could help develop Pollock big time in what could be, a huge season for the young lad
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 92
gtfc82
September 2, 2020, 3:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +616
Quoted from ginnywings

Most wingers and full backs these days can play the wing back role. The distinction between wingers and full backs is less apparent in the modern game.

Need good awareness and discipline as a wing back. I've never seen Town play the system well and can only think of Forest Green who use it in League 2.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 92
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 2, 2020, 3:34pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from gtfc82

Need good awareness and discipline as a wing back. I've never seen Town play the system well and can only think of Forest Green who use it in League 2.

Town played it pretty well in the early part of Slade Mk1 with Ashley Sestanovitch on the right and somebody I can’t remember (Crowe?) on the left. They had “the Frenchman” in the middle of the park and Reddy up front.  For a few games it looked promising but it leaked goals, Sestanovitch blew a few fuses and left and Slade went with 4 or 5 at the back.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 92
Son of Cod
September 2, 2020, 3:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from ginnywings

Eh!

A player with vast experience at a higher level and only 29. Who are you expecting us to sign for a League 2 team with a 1.5 million budget?

Quoted from Bignic69

Based on what?

Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Probably other fans opinion...

I remember Amond not being good enough for Morcambe
Nolan not being good enough for Lincoln

The list can go on and on

Seen him play a fair few times before, he's injury prone and probably on a high wage. And yeah, other fans opinions too. Haven't heard anything good about him from the Bradford fans.

Like I said, hopefully I'm proven wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 92
bax
September 2, 2020, 3:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Bradford fans were up in arms about Billy Clarke resigning for them. And they assumed they’d walk the league last year so don’t think we should get too carried away with their delusions  of grandeur!

IH turned us from a shot shy team that couldn’t score into one of the better teams in the league over the last 10-12 games we played. I trust him if he thinks Scannell will make us better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 92
GollyGTFC
September 2, 2020, 3:54pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,054
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Heisenberg

I actually think Luke Hendrie could play well in a back 3.  He has that sort of Cannavaro build about him.  You don't HAVE to be 6'3".

Why would we waste the best attacking Right-Back in League 2 by playing him at Centre-Back?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 77 - 92
pen penfras
September 2, 2020, 3:55pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -134
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from bax
Bradford fans were up in arms about Billy Clarke resigning for them. And they assumed they’d walk the league last year so don’t think we should get too carried away with their delusions  of grandeur!

IH turned us from a shot shy team that couldn’t score into one of the better teams in the league over the last 10-12 games we played. I trust him if he thinks Scannell will make us better.

Or our own. I think it's a fantastic signing and we have quite a quite exciting line up forming now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 92
Bignic69
September 2, 2020, 4:28pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +540
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Son of Cod

Seen him play a fair few times before, he's injury prone and probably on a high wage. And yeah, other fans opinions too. Haven't heard anything good about him from the Bradford fans.

Like I said, hopefully I'm proven wrong.

I'll reserve judgement until I've seen him play a few games for Town, until then, welcome to GTFC Sean

Back of the net
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 92
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Sean Scannell

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.