Kris2
August 12, 2020, 6:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from pen penfras

Because it's against the law to show games on Saturday at 3pm in the UK?

I imagine it's ifollow that administers the whole streaming thing, so it would be difficult to incorporate that into a season ticket. They'd want the amount they're due for every viewer on every game, but we wouldn't know how many games would be on in the midweek once EFL cup and rearrangements are taken into account.

If it was against the law then no TV channels could show football  .

I think you mean that the big TV channels buy the rights to broadcast games but that would only be a roadblock for the games they want to broadcast if the EFL and the clubs had any balls instead of bending over waiting to get copulated by Sky and BT they'd negotiate better deals for fans.

I'm mostly just throwing a concept out there for the sake of "wouldn't it be neat if...", I'm not proposing this as something that should happen. Didn't realise we had people who are too stupid to understand what law means though  
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 23
toontown
August 13, 2020, 9:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
I thought it wasn't allowed to show matches at 3pm kick off on Saturday on tv in the UK as part of the FA rules. So people actually go to their local match rather than putting their feet up in  front of some premiershite game
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 23
Poojah
August 13, 2020, 9:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,637
Gold Stars: 1,505
Quoted from toontown
I thought it wasn't allowed to show matches at 3pm kick off on Saturday on tv in the UK as part of the FA rules. So people actually go to their local match rather than putting their feet up in  front of some premiershite game

I believe that rule has been temporarily shelved since fans are unable to attend games regardless of whether it is televised. I'm fairly sure Brighton played Arsenal live on Sky at 3pm on a Saturday a few weeks back.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
promotion plaice
August 13, 2020, 9:31pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,084
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from toontown

I think just in the short term while there will be restrictions on crowds allowed into stadiums the clubs are hoping the restrictions on Live Streaming will be lifted so all the home and away games will be available to watch on iFollow for those that can't get in.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/grimsby-town-live-streaming-ifollow-4296205

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Think I'll have a bet on Town going up

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.