Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 12, 2020, 12:26am

I'm not normally a betting man but I just have a sneaky feeling we could be the surprise package of League Two this season with Ollie in charge.

I'm going to have a punt on Town going up, the odds should be pretty good given no one is really looking at us as challengers given what some of the other clubs are spending.

Posted by: gtfc98, August 12, 2020, 12:39am; Reply: 1
Quoted from promotion plaice

I'm not normally a betting man but I just have a sneaky feeling we could be the surprise package of League Two this season with Ollie in charge.

I'm going to have a punt on Town going up, the odds should be pretty good given no one is really looking at us as challengers given what some of the other clubs are spending.

ever the optimist!
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 12, 2020, 12:42am; Reply: 2
Quoted from gtfc98

ever the optimist!

Not always, I used to be called "relegation plaice"   ;)
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, August 12, 2020, 2:47am; Reply: 3
Are there any odd yet?
Posted by: aldi_01, August 12, 2020, 6:55am; Reply: 4
I mean even the most pessimistic fan has a short period of time where they are optimistic. It’s usually those few weeks before the season starts...

Time will tell.

I can’t fathom out if the league will be competitive or not or if it’ll be fragmented. Who knows...
Posted by: buckstown, August 12, 2020, 8:34am; Reply: 5
I'm normally riding a wave of optimism at this stage of pre season but not this year. Not sure if its the general virus situation, the prospect of not getting to matches, the lack of (exciting) signings etc.
I've had dosh on promotion for the last 5 years but not this season, so it's nailed on!!
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, August 12, 2020, 8:52am; Reply: 6
I’d rather have a bet on the league not being completed
Posted by: Meza, August 12, 2020, 9:02am; Reply: 7
I just wish i could buy a season ticket for the club if they was streaming the games live.  I dont care if i cant attend games, i have no qualms in paying for a season if it meant to watch games online and to give Town so much needed cash injection.  

Anyway back on topic lol.

Playoffs i reckon this year.  Stevenage to be relegated properly this time.
Posted by: Boris Johnson, August 12, 2020, 10:46am; Reply: 8
Not for me, sense the squad will not have sufficient experience if Holloway is going down the non-league route.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 12, 2020, 10:47am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Meza
Stevenage to be relegated properly this time.

Think there will be a few team having money problems this next season, think points deductions, administration etc will have a bigger say in relegation than points will.
Posted by: forza ivano, August 12, 2020, 11:34am; Reply: 10
Please dont bet on town going up, you know that you'll jinx it by doing that!
Looking at the signings hes making think I will be putting some money on +2.5 & +3.5 goals a game.think mckeown might have a busy season ahead!
Posted by: Heswall Mariner, August 12, 2020, 12:03pm; Reply: 11
Beware - I was full of optimism this time last year what with the 'In Jolley We Trust' nonsense & had  an E/W punt on Town.The Ladbrokes local is still closed & I await a response to my emails as to the current state of play. I maintain that with the season abandoned with 9 games & 27 points still to play for  thus renders the bet null & void & I expect a refund. We shall see - but I won't be holding my breath.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), August 12, 2020, 12:07pm; Reply: 12
Doesn't appear to be any odds for the new season yet, not on Paddy Power anyway!
Posted by: Boris Johnson, August 12, 2020, 12:10pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Heswall Mariner
Beware - I was full of optimism this time last year what with the 'In Jolley We Trust' nonsense & had  an E/W punt on Town.The Ladbrokes local is still closed & I await a response to my emails as to the current state of play. I maintain that with the season abandoned with 9 games & 27 points still to play for  thus renders the bet null & void & I expect a refund. We shall see - but I won't be holding my breath.

In Jolley We Trust ;D

made me laugh
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 12, 2020, 2:30pm; Reply: 14
Have any bookies released odds for the 2020/21 League Two season yet?

Had a look at the more popular bookies and can't seem to find anything.
Posted by: Kris2, August 12, 2020, 3:17pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Meza
I just wish i could buy a season ticket for the club if they was streaming the games live.  I dont care if i cant attend games, i have no qualms in paying for a season if it meant to watch games online and to give Town so much needed cash injection.  

Anyway back on topic lol.

Playoffs i reckon this year.  Stevenage to be relegated properly this time.

I'm honestly not sure why they don't include that for season ticket holders as standard. I get that they want to get people to come to all games ideally but it'd make sense. Never know what could happen during a season, might have an accident and be laid up at home so unable to attend, imagine having the security that you could at least enjoy live games from home? Including the VOD of the full game for season ticket holders too would be a nice bonus.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 12, 2020, 3:30pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Kris2

I'm honestly not sure why they don't include that for season ticket holders as standard. I get that they want to get people to come to all games ideally but it'd make sense. Never know what could happen during a season, might have an accident and be laid up at home so unable to attend, imagine having the security that you could at least enjoy live games from home? Including the VOD of the full game for season ticket holders too would be a nice bonus.

Genuine question:

How would you know if it was being abused, used for the iFollow live stream at home and still someone using the ST to get into the game.

Posted by: Meza, August 12, 2020, 3:31pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Kris2

Could this happen, i doubt it probably too much red tape to overcome.  or worried about the quality of the streaming perhaps.

Maybe the Trust can enquire.
Posted by: pen penfras, August 12, 2020, 3:42pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Kris2

Because it's against the law to show games on Saturday at 3pm in the UK?

I imagine it's ifollow that administers the whole streaming thing, so it would be difficult to incorporate that into a season ticket. They'd want the amount they're due for every viewer on every game, but we wouldn't know how many games would be on in the midweek once EFL cup and rearrangements are taken into account.
Posted by: Kris2, August 12, 2020, 6:02pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from promotion plaice

Genuine question:

How would you know if it was being abused, used for the iFollow live stream at home and still someone using the ST to get into the game.

In what way is that abuse? You would have paid for both the ST and the live stream being available in the service. Maybe somebody at home can watch it but that wouldn't be abuse. Limit how many devices that it can be used on and then nobody would be giving all their mates the password. It's already something used by major streaming services.

What you said is no more abuse than using a VPN to get iFollow services intended for fans overseas and watch all matches live streamed.
Posted by: Kris2, August 12, 2020, 6:09pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from pen penfras

Because it's against the law to show games on Saturday at 3pm in the UK?

I imagine it's ifollow that administers the whole streaming thing, so it would be difficult to incorporate that into a season ticket. They'd want the amount they're due for every viewer on every game, but we wouldn't know how many games would be on in the midweek once EFL cup and rearrangements are taken into account.

If it was against the law then no TV channels could show football  ;D.

I think you mean that the big TV channels buy the rights to broadcast games but that would only be a roadblock for the games they want to broadcast if the EFL and the clubs had any balls instead of bending over waiting to get copulated by Sky and BT they'd negotiate better deals for fans.

I'm mostly just throwing a concept out there for the sake of "wouldn't it be neat if...", I'm not proposing this as something that should happen. Didn't realise we had people who are too stupid to understand what law means though  ;D
Posted by: toontown, August 13, 2020, 9:14pm; Reply: 21
I thought it wasn't allowed to show matches at 3pm kick off on Saturday on tv in the UK as part of the FA rules. So people actually go to their local match rather than putting their feet up in  front of some premiershite game
Posted by: Poojah, August 13, 2020, 9:19pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from toontown
I thought it wasn't allowed to show matches at 3pm kick off on Saturday on tv in the UK as part of the FA rules. So people actually go to their local match rather than putting their feet up in  front of some premiershite game

I believe that rule has been temporarily shelved since fans are unable to attend games regardless of whether it is televised. I'm fairly sure Brighton played Arsenal live on Sky at 3pm on a Saturday a few weeks back.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 13, 2020, 9:31pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from toontown

I think just in the short term while there will be restrictions on crowds allowed into stadiums the clubs are hoping the restrictions on Live Streaming will be lifted so all the home and away games will be available to watch on iFollow for those that can't get in.

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/grimsby-town-live-streaming-ifollow-4296205

Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 6:25am