Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If you could..
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 222 Guests

If you could..

This thread currently has 3,487 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Nutsy
July 2, 2020, 4:22pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +139
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Rick12
Yes Hurst done well in bringing in some good players eg Nolan.Deserves credit considering were not a fashionable club.

I look at the unfashionable players he brought too that did well (Marcus Marshall, Amond, Nolan etc etc)

My Dad's favourite player of the Hurst years was on-loan Neilson; this then became his least favourite when he signed permanently!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 21
Rick12
July 2, 2020, 5:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Nutsy

I look at the unfashionable players he brought too that did well (Marcus Marshall, Amond, Nolan etc etc)

My Dad's favourite player of the Hurst years was on-loan Neilson; this then became his least favourite when he signed permanently!
Yes some good players.Marshall done very well in that play of semi final against Braintree .

As for Nielson I can see why he was your dads favourite player for a bit.I remember I saw him in a game against Barnet away and he looked the best on the pitch.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › If you could..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.