Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Nutsy, July 1, 2020, 12:11pm
If you could have any players that has played for us in the last 5 years (that's still playing) who'd you have?

I will say, easily, Conor Townsend
Posted by: Heisenberg, July 1, 2020, 12:17pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Nutsy
If you could have any players that has played for us in the last 5 years (that's still playing) who'd you have?

I will say, easily, Conor Townsend

Yes, wonderful player, but Dean Henderson or Omar Bogle for me.
Posted by: Nutsy, July 1, 2020, 12:33pm; Reply: 2
I'd love
Bogle Hanson
Vernam Hess Nolan Clarke
Townsend Pollock Toto Tait
Macca
Posted by: Son of Cod, July 1, 2020, 12:35pm; Reply: 3
Jon Nolan. Townsend is a good shout, but we can probably find an adequate solid enough left back for this level. A midfielder like Nolan is rarity in L2 though.
Posted by: Hagrid, July 1, 2020, 12:37pm; Reply: 4
Nolan
Posted by: Boris Johnson, July 1, 2020, 12:49pm; Reply: 5
Omar Bagle
Posted by: Madeleymariner, July 1, 2020, 5:05pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Boris Johnson
Omar Bagle

(100)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 1, 2020, 5:13pm; Reply: 7
Nolan but a tough call between him & Podge to be honest.
Posted by: Roast Em Bobby, July 1, 2020, 5:18pm; Reply: 8
Embleton or Josh Benson for me, though Podge would also be great.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 1, 2020, 5:32pm; Reply: 9

Dean Henderson has to be the standout player going on where he is now and future potential, possible Man Utd and England No 1.
Posted by: forza ivano, July 1, 2020, 8:41pm; Reply: 10
What about Berrett coming back to pull the strings in central midfield???

Or maybe not
Posted by: toontown, July 1, 2020, 8:43pm; Reply: 11
Deano without a shadow of a doubt. He's not far off an England cap I would imagine
Posted by: Ipswin, July 1, 2020, 8:52pm; Reply: 12
Nolan for me
Posted by: Abdul19, July 1, 2020, 11:15pm; Reply: 13
I'll say Townsend, before the 5 years expires
Posted by: Rick12, July 2, 2020, 8:22am; Reply: 14
Quoted from promotion plaice

Dean Henderson has to be the standout player going on where he is now and future potential, possible Man Utd and England No 1.

Yes.

I dont think Dean  Henderson is better than Manchester Uniteds current number 1 keeper  David De Gea on pure technical ability though.
Posted by: smokey111, July 2, 2020, 11:01am; Reply: 15
Nolan, behind a front two of Podge and Bogle. Just being greedy!!!!!
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 2, 2020, 1:06pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Abdul19
I'll say Townsend, before the 5 years expires

Just thinking it must be close to 5 years since he was here.  Had a look and scarily it is!  Even scarier is that it's nearly nine years since we first loaned him!

Gotta be Henderson though, I dare say he'll go onto be one of the best players ever to play for this club.
Posted by: Nutsy, July 2, 2020, 2:06pm; Reply: 17
When talking to my prem supporting mates, I casually drop in that Grimsby was where he really got his first taste - even better to wind up my Sheff supporting mate that we are the reason he is here he is!

In all seriousness though, he showed class with us but was raw and young, he really seems to have matured very quickly, especially since England have a quitte a few decent young gk coming (Angus Gunn, Aaron Ramsdale etc.)

Deserves Utd too for sticking with them and being farmed out.

Hurst did have a decent eye for players
Posted by: Boris Johnson, July 2, 2020, 2:23pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from forza ivano
What about Berrett coming back to pull the strings in central midfield???

Or maybe not

as part of some marching band with string section i assume?

Posted by: Rick12, July 2, 2020, 2:25pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Nutsy
When talking to my prem supporting mates, I casually drop in that Grimsby was where he really got his first taste - even better to wind up my Sheff supporting mate that we are the reason he is here he is!

In all seriousness though, he showed class with us but was raw and young, he really seems to have matured very quickly, especially since England have a quitte a few decent young gk coming (Angus Gunn, Aaron Ramsdale etc.)

Deserves Utd too for sticking with them and being farmed out.

Hurst did have a decent eye for players
Yes Hurst done well in bringing in some good players eg Nolan.Deserves credit considering were not a fashionable club.

Posted by: Nutsy, July 2, 2020, 4:22pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Rick12
Yes Hurst done well in bringing in some good players eg Nolan.Deserves credit considering were not a fashionable club.

I look at the unfashionable players he brought too that did well (Marcus Marshall, Amond, Nolan etc etc)

My Dad's favourite player of the Hurst years was on-loan Neilson; this then became his least favourite when he signed permanently!
Posted by: Rick12, July 2, 2020, 5:14pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Nutsy

I look at the unfashionable players he brought too that did well (Marcus Marshall, Amond, Nolan etc etc)

My Dad's favourite player of the Hurst years was on-loan Neilson; this then became his least favourite when he signed permanently!
Yes some good players.Marshall done very well in that play of semi final against Braintree .

As for Nielson I can see why he was your dads favourite player for a bit.I remember I saw him in a game against Barnet away and he looked the best on the pitch.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 3:28pm