2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
June 24, 2020, 9:06pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +835
Gold Stars: 117
At the end of  EFL On Quest last week they said Ollie is the studio guest this week.

Will be interesting to hear his take on everything. Love hearing him and Colin Murray chatting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
GrimExile
June 25, 2020, 11:30am
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
What day is that on then please?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
June 25, 2020, 11:34am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +835
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from GrimExile
What day is that on then please?

Saturday 9pm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
HarrogateMariner
June 26, 2020, 9:41am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +479
Gold Stars: 23
I really like Colin Murray, proper football fan and he has a great knowledge of lower leagues unlike most pundits.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
The Yard Dog
June 26, 2020, 11:26am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from HarrogateMariner
I really like Colin Murray, proper football fan and he has a great knowledge of lower leagues unlike most pundits.

I enjoyed listening to Colin on Talksport, Murray and friends between 10am to 1pm, as you said would discuss the lower leagues, including the National leagues.
Don't listen to that slot anymore, since Jim White replaced him. The I am Jim White show, when I meet, when I was in the tunnel at, when I was at this award evening, he is more boring then Lineker.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
Posh Harry
June 26, 2020, 1:19pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,355
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from The Yard Dog

I enjoyed listening to Colin on Talksport, Murray and friends between 10am to 1pm, as you said would discuss the lower leagues, including the National leagues.
Don't listen to that slot anymore, since Jim White replaced him. The I am Jim White show, when I meet, when I was in the tunnel at, when I was at this award evening, he is more boring then Lineker.

Couldn’t agree more about Jim White. A horrendous broadcaster. Shouting his opinions from the highest decibel he can and they are usually utter clap trap. Love it when Simon Jordan calmly puts him back in his box.

Now Simon Jordan is someone I enjoy listening to. I don’t agree with everything he says but he has a great deal of knowledge from inside the game and seems to be highly intelligent which gives him a big head start against most people in that industry.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
Heisenberg
June 26, 2020, 2:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,035
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Posh Harry

Couldn’t agree more about Jim White. A horrendous broadcaster. Shouting his opinions from the highest decibel he can and they are usually utter clap trap. Love it when Simon Jordan calmly puts him back in his box.

Now Simon Jordan is someone I enjoy listening to. I don’t agree with everything he says but he has a great deal of knowledge from inside the game and seems to be highly intelligent which gives him a big head start against most people in that industry.

I've mentioned this before on here (I think Ipswin might have said something about him that I agreed with) but Jim White is a nightmare of a broadcaster, especially on the radio.  I agree that Simon Jordan is excellent, although I sometimes wish he'd leave his dictionary at home.

Colin Murray used to annoy me as he's a bit of a know-it-all, but if the shoe fits; to be fair, he pretty much DID seem to know it all, and had lots of positive insight and enthusiasm, even about Town!  For that reason, I've since changed my mind about him.  Plus he's pretty good on the Quest show too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
GrimExile
June 29, 2020, 9:31am
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36

Saturday 9pm

Sorry this is late but thanks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
Boris Johnson
June 29, 2020, 10:29am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Jim White is a tosser.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
fishboyUTM
June 29, 2020, 1:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from HarrogateMariner

Me too, I miss him on talksport. He was replaced by that charlatan Jim White with his constant racism balderdash and his Bury FC exinction timer. Colin left something to do with Talksport being taken over by a company that has links with The Sun, I think. He's a Liverpool fan and wouldn't work for them. Great bloke.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ollie on QUEST this week

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.