Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, June 24, 2020, 9:06pm
At the end of  EFL On Quest last week they said Ollie is the studio guest this week.

Will be interesting to hear his take on everything. Love hearing him and Colin Murray chatting.
Posted by: GrimExile, June 25, 2020, 11:30am; Reply: 1
What day is that on then please?
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, June 25, 2020, 11:34am; Reply: 2
Quoted from GrimExile
What day is that on then please?

Saturday 9pm
Posted by: HarrogateMariner, June 26, 2020, 9:41am; Reply: 3
I really like Colin Murray, proper football fan and he has a great knowledge of lower leagues unlike most pundits.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, June 26, 2020, 11:26am; Reply: 4
Quoted from HarrogateMariner
I really like Colin Murray, proper football fan and he has a great knowledge of lower leagues unlike most pundits.

I enjoyed listening to Colin on Talksport, Murray and friends between 10am to 1pm, as you said would discuss the lower leagues, including the National leagues.
Don't listen to that slot anymore, since Jim White replaced him. The I am Jim White show, when I meet, when I was in the tunnel at, when I was at this award evening, he is more boring then Lineker.
Posted by: Posh Harry, June 26, 2020, 1:19pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from The Yard Dog

I enjoyed listening to Colin on Talksport, Murray and friends between 10am to 1pm, as you said would discuss the lower leagues, including the National leagues.
Don't listen to that slot anymore, since Jim White replaced him. The I am Jim White show, when I meet, when I was in the tunnel at, when I was at this award evening, he is more boring then Lineker.

Couldn’t agree more about Jim White. A horrendous broadcaster. Shouting his opinions from the highest decibel he can and they are usually utter clap trap. Love it when Simon Jordan calmly puts him back in his box.

Now Simon Jordan is someone I enjoy listening to. I don’t agree with everything he says but he has a great deal of knowledge from inside the game and seems to be highly intelligent which gives him a big head start against most people in that industry.
Posted by: Heisenberg, June 26, 2020, 2:13pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Posh Harry

Couldn’t agree more about Jim White. A horrendous broadcaster. Shouting his opinions from the highest decibel he can and they are usually utter clap trap. Love it when Simon Jordan calmly puts him back in his box.

Now Simon Jordan is someone I enjoy listening to. I don’t agree with everything he says but he has a great deal of knowledge from inside the game and seems to be highly intelligent which gives him a big head start against most people in that industry.

I've mentioned this before on here (I think Ipswin might have said something about him that I agreed with) but Jim White is a nightmare of a broadcaster, especially on the radio.  I agree that Simon Jordan is excellent, although I sometimes wish he'd leave his dictionary at home.

Colin Murray used to annoy me as he's a bit of a know-it-all, but if the shoe fits; to be fair, he pretty much DID seem to know it all, and had lots of positive insight and enthusiasm, even about Town!  For that reason, I've since changed my mind about him.  Plus he's pretty good on the Quest show too.
Posted by: GrimExile, June 29, 2020, 9:31am; Reply: 7

Saturday 9pm

Sorry this is late but thanks.
Posted by: Boris Johnson, June 29, 2020, 10:29am; Reply: 8
Jim White is a tosser.
Posted by: fishboyUTM, June 29, 2020, 1:10pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from HarrogateMariner

Me too, I miss him on talksport. He was replaced by that charlatan Jim White with his constant racism balderdash and his Bury FC exinction timer. Colin left something to do with Talksport being taken over by a company that has links with The Sun, I think. He's a Liverpool fan and wouldn't work for them. Great bloke.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, June 29, 2020, 1:28pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Me too, I miss him on talksport. He was replaced by that charlatan Jim White with his constant racism balderdash and his Bury FC exinction timer. Colin left something to do with Talksport being taken over by a company that has links with The Sun, I think. He's a Liverpool fan and wouldn't work for them. Great bloke.

Thats correct Colin quit due the takeover of Talksport by the parent company of Sun newspaper and Stan Collymore had his contract offer withdrawn.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 1:11pm