Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Ipswin

87 year old Bert Zytskra is not holding his breath

It's his Uncle Zack I fell sorry for.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
MuddyWaters
May 19, 2020, 7:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,283
Gold Stars: 236
The Codger family won’t be looking for refunds. Two reasons, first I don’t see that it’s in any fan’s interest to take money out of the coffers and second, the club would appear to be in a lot better place than the day we bought them. Yes, season 19/20 could have been better but I suspect other clubs are likely to suffer more than us.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
The Yard Dog
May 20, 2020, 7:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74
I wonder what Lincoln City will do, and what effect it may have on them, a good percentage of their gates are season ticket holders.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
MarinerWY
May 20, 2020, 8:09am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,991
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Heisenberg
I would hope that no Town fans will ask for a refund

It all depends on people's situations. I hope that all town fans who can comfortably afford to not ask for a refund, don't request one.

However in the past 2 months people have lost their jobs, businesses have lost their custom and many have had hours cut. For some a refund may help may towards the bills in extremely challenging time and so the admirable statements of 'I wont ask for a refund' should not come with a judgement of those that do.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
May 20, 2020, 10:10am
Guest User
I won't be asking for a refund. I'll be buying a season ticket for next season although I'm shielded.
Reply: 14 - 16
Heisenberg
May 20, 2020, 11:37am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,099
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from MarinerWY

It all depends on people's situations. I hope that all town fans who can comfortably afford to not ask for a refund, don't request one.

However in the past 2 months people have lost their jobs, businesses have lost their custom and many have had hours cut. For some a refund may help may towards the bills in extremely challenging time and so the admirable statements of 'I wont ask for a refund' should not come with a judgement of those that do.

Can't argue with that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
TAGG
May 22, 2020, 10:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
Im in a fortunate position that im still working (for now) wont be claiming anything back and if next seasons come out as usual I would buy one even though I probably wouldn't be let into BP until next year.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Season Ticket Refunds

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.