Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 18, 2020, 9:17pm

I would hope we follow something similar to Crawley's announcement on season ticket refunds.

On a personal note I won't be asking for a refund.

"Crawley Town Football Club can today confirm the refund procedure for the four remaining home games of the now curtailed 2019/20 season - subject to approval from the EFL.

The club have chosen to adopt a pro rata stance in regards to refunds with money being paid back being calculated on the cost of each cancelled league game. The club will also be offering fans the chance to renounce their respective claims, allowing the funds to remain with the football club during this period of financial uncertainty. This is in response to the countless number of fans that have asked for this to be made possible.

Pending approval from the EFL, all season ticket holders will be contacted via phone in a systematic A-Z surname process, beginning on the 1st June. Thereafter, fans who purchased individual match tickets for the remaining fixtures will then be contacted from the morning of the 15th June, with details of how to claim their refund. Any hospitality bookings will also be adopting the same procedure with each booking being contacted on a case by case basis.

Any monies claimed through a refund will be paid from the 1st July 2020, again assuming the curtailment is approved by the EFL.

General Manager Tom Allman said: “It’s been fantastic hearing from a number of fans that have already contacted us stating that they wish for their money to remain with the club during this tough period. It’s obviously challenging for everyone at the moment, but these gestures from our already loyal season ticket holders soon add up and offer solace to our depleted cash flow and we’re working on a gesture to act as a thank you for this selfless act. For those claiming refunds, I ask that you allow ample time for our ticket office staff to contact you, we believe the processes we have put in place should work for everyone, but it’s going to take time and ask for patience.”  

If there are any further enquiries regarding refunds, please email feedback@crawleytownfc.com with your claim.

Would fans please note that refunds will NOT be available in person from The People’s Pension stadium and that the club offices and phone lines remain closed to the general public".

Posted by: gaz57, May 19, 2020, 6:32am; Reply: 1
I would be happy to wait and have the amount taken off my next season ticket but as a vulnerable person that has been instructed to stay at home I would be pleased if the club could save my seat until I could return. If they could keep the option for me to return to my seat for maybe a year but still sell it on an individual game basis It would be a great relief for me and many like me. It would be great if everyone could return to BP  with as much normality as possible and be able to meet up with the same crowd you sat with and in many cases became good friends.UTMM
Posted by: aldi_01, May 19, 2020, 7:17am; Reply: 2
No doubt some will ask for a refund, their choice I guess but surely something like that is one of the gamblers of having a ST.

There could’ve been another reason that I was unable to make the remaining games, I wouldn’t have received a refund then...

I guess some reassurance about holding out seats perhaps or at least holding over the reservation until they resume the sale of next seasons STs. I imagine the club wished they’d put next seasons on sale already, that would’ve helped with some cash I suspect, albeit a small amount.

Every clubs circumstances are different and they’re all run very differently but I’d expect these sort of statements to almost be identical at every club...
Posted by: golfer, May 19, 2020, 9:03am; Reply: 3
I haven't been able through health to attend since Xmas time so have had to watch on ifollow I wouldn't have been able to attend the cancelled matches so I couldn't  live with myself if I claimed a refund
Posted by: pizzzza, May 19, 2020, 9:34am; Reply: 4
Quoted from promotion plaice

all season ticket holders will be contacted via phone in a systematic A-Z surname process, beginning on the 1st June.

They are really trying to make ringing round a few people sound more complicated than it actually is.
Posted by: Heisenberg, May 19, 2020, 10:05am; Reply: 5
I would hope that no Town fans will ask for a refund; I guarantee that money has already been spent anyway!  And to make matters worse; it was spent by Michael Jolley last summer!!
Posted by: Ipswin, May 19, 2020, 10:52am; Reply: 6
Quoted from promotion plaice

all season ticket holders will be contacted via phone in a systematic A-Z surname process, beginning on the 1st June.

87 year old Bert Zytskra is not holding his breath

Posted by: golfer, May 19, 2020, 3:26pm; Reply: 7
14 people have changed their name to Aaarsole
Posted by: barralad, May 19, 2020, 4:38pm; Reply: 8
I've only been able to get to nine games this season for one reason or another so it wouldn't sit happy with me asking for a refund especially one that in this climate the club can ill afford. HOWEVER these are extremely difficult times for some people. I personally know of people whose incomes have dropped by up to 70%. If I was in that situation and getting a refund guaranteed electricity/gas supply or putting food on the table albeit only temporarily I doubt I would be so altruistic.
There is certainly no need for the venom I saw on Social Media last night...
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 19, 2020, 5:02pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from pizzzza

They are really trying to make ringing round a few people sound more complicated than it actually is.

Probably not quite such an undertaking in Crawley's case as it would be in ours.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 19, 2020, 5:02pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Ipswin

87 year old Bert Zytskra is not holding his breath

It's his Uncle Zack I fell sorry for.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 19, 2020, 7:41pm; Reply: 11
The Codger family won’t be looking for refunds. Two reasons, first I don’t see that it’s in any fan’s interest to take money out of the coffers and second, the club would appear to be in a lot better place than the day we bought them. Yes, season 19/20 could have been better but I suspect other clubs are likely to suffer more than us.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, May 20, 2020, 7:59am; Reply: 12
I wonder what Lincoln City will do, and what effect it may have on them, a good percentage of their gates are season ticket holders.
Posted by: MarinerWY, May 20, 2020, 8:09am; Reply: 13
Quoted from Heisenberg
I would hope that no Town fans will ask for a refund

It all depends on people's situations. I hope that all town fans who can comfortably afford to not ask for a refund, don't request one.

However in the past 2 months people have lost their jobs, businesses have lost their custom and many have had hours cut. For some a refund may help may towards the bills in extremely challenging time and so the admirable statements of 'I wont ask for a refund' should not come with a judgement of those that do.
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), May 20, 2020, 10:10am; Reply: 14
I won't be asking for a refund. I'll be buying a season ticket for next season although I'm shielded.
Posted by: Heisenberg, May 20, 2020, 11:37am; Reply: 15
Quoted from MarinerWY

It all depends on people's situations. I hope that all town fans who can comfortably afford to not ask for a refund, don't request one.

However in the past 2 months people have lost their jobs, businesses have lost their custom and many have had hours cut. For some a refund may help may towards the bills in extremely challenging time and so the admirable statements of 'I wont ask for a refund' should not come with a judgement of those that do.

Can't argue with that.
Posted by: TAGG, May 22, 2020, 10:29pm; Reply: 16
Im in a fortunate position that im still working (for now) wont be claiming anything back and if next seasons come out as usual I would buy one even though I probably wouldn't be let into BP until next year.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 8:15am