3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
March 24, 2020, 9:32pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +786
Gold Stars: 113
Who is playing as Grimsby Town on Football Manager?

What is your best result?

Who is your best signing?
Logged Offline
Private Message
blundellpork
March 24, 2020, 9:40pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,645
Gold Stars: 32
Somehow stumbled into League 1 due to some decent loan signings. Signed Saavas Mourgas who turned into an absolute beast
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
GollyGTFC
March 25, 2020, 10:44am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
I'm still playing Championship Manager 2001/02. Kept Town in Division One with a comfortable 16th place finish. Signed Francis Duku (Gravesend & Northfleet) and David Bryan (Southend) to improve spine of team and am pushing for a play-off place in 2nd season. Added some goals with loan signings of Kevin Kyle (Sunderland) and Richard Sadlier (Millwall).
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 2 - 21
mariner chopper
March 25, 2020, 11:26am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +198
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from blundellpork
Somehow stumbled into League 1 due to some decent loan signings. Signed Saavas Mourgas who turned into an absolute beast

Pretty much the same, got promoted in 3rd place in my second season. Currently 2nd (behind Hull!) in League one (2021-22) after 8 games or so and can't put my finger on why it's going SO well (for the moment), but not complaining.

4-1-4-1 has worked well for me and yes, have also rinsed loans. (Including selling Pollock to Cardiff for best part of half a mill and then loaning him back!)

Remaining current starters are Hendrie, Pollock (although on loan), Robson (signed full time). McKeown would've been but he wanted to move to Minnesota and threw his dummy out when I wouldn't let him so sold him.

On the bench/in the squad I still have Glennon (signed full time), Hewitt (can play a couple of positions), Hess, Ogbu, Vernam, Wright, Rose and Cardwell (just feel sorry for the guy). Again, would've still had Clifton but he didn't get as many games as he wanted and wouldn't sign an extension!

Will give Mourgas a look
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
GollyGTFC
March 25, 2020, 11:30am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from mariner chopper

McKeown would've been but he wanted to move to Minnesota and threw his dummy out when I wouldn't let him so sold him.

Doesn't sound very likely...
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 21
BobbyCummingsTackle
March 25, 2020, 12:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +6,990
Gold Stars: 285
I'm not sure what's worse, that a thread exists discussing a computer game as if it's real or that I've read the whole thing and laughed at a couple of comments.........get me out of the house!!!!!!

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
sonofmadeleymariner
March 25, 2020, 1:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
With a real 433 I've won games 8 or 9 nil over the years

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
Southwark Mariner
March 25, 2020, 2:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,537
Gold Stars: 81
With a Real 433 I've won games 8 or 9 nil over the years

Madrid or Sociedad?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
thefish
March 25, 2020, 5:11pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I'm still playing Championship Manager 2001/02. Kept Town in Division One with a comfortable 16th place finish. Signed Francis Duku (Gravesend & Northfleet) and David Bryan (Southend) to improve spine of team and am pushing for a play-off place in 2nd season. Added some goals with loan signings of Kevin Kyle (Sunderland) and Richard Sadlier (Millwall).

Pouton is a beast!

Do a Jolley and raid the Swedish leagues! Kim Kalstrom is a winner!

Also, for guaranteed goals get Maxim Tsigalko (or the infamous To Madeira)!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
GollyGTFC
March 25, 2020, 6:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from thefish

Pouton is a beast!

Do a Jolley and raid the Swedish leagues! Kim Kalstrom is a winner!

Also, for guaranteed goals get Maxim Tsigalko (or the infamous To Madeira)!!

I play with the final official data update (3.9.68 ) which is basically season 2002/03. The infamous To Madeira is from the original game data.

I'm a member of an online community which has done some amazing things to update/improve the game using OllyDbg- I managed to crack competition scheduling so that for example the Fifa Club World Cup is played every season on the game rather than every 2 years as it was on the original game.

Kennedy Bakircioglu is a cracking Swedish player too. And South Korea is a good source of quality cheap players who can get a work permit.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.