Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WayneBurnettsJockstrap, March 24, 2020, 9:32pm
Who is playing as Grimsby Town on Football Manager?

What is your best result?

Who is your best signing?
Posted by: blundellpork, March 24, 2020, 9:40pm; Reply: 1
Somehow stumbled into League 1 due to some decent loan signings. Signed Saavas Mourgas who turned into an absolute beast
Posted by: GollyGTFC, March 25, 2020, 10:44am; Reply: 2
I'm still playing Championship Manager 2001/02. Kept Town in Division One with a comfortable 16th place finish. Signed Francis Duku (Gravesend & Northfleet) and David Bryan (Southend) to improve spine of team and am pushing for a play-off place in 2nd season. Added some goals with loan signings of Kevin Kyle (Sunderland) and Richard Sadlier (Millwall).
Posted by: mariner chopper, March 25, 2020, 11:26am; Reply: 3
Quoted from blundellpork
Somehow stumbled into League 1 due to some decent loan signings. Signed Saavas Mourgas who turned into an absolute beast

Pretty much the same, got promoted in 3rd place in my second season. Currently 2nd (behind Hull!) in League one (2021-22) after 8 games or so and can't put my finger on why it's going SO well (for the moment), but not complaining.

4-1-4-1 has worked well for me and yes, have also rinsed loans. (Including selling Pollock to Cardiff for best part of half a mill and then loaning him back!)

Remaining current starters are Hendrie, Pollock (although on loan), Robson (signed full time). McKeown would've been but he wanted to move to Minnesota and threw his dummy out when I wouldn't let him so sold him.

On the bench/in the squad I still have Glennon (signed full time), Hewitt (can play a couple of positions), Hess, Ogbu, Vernam, Wright, Rose and Cardwell (just feel sorry for the guy). Again, would've still had Clifton but he didn't get as many games as he wanted and wouldn't sign an extension!

Will give Mourgas a look
Posted by: GollyGTFC, March 25, 2020, 11:30am; Reply: 4
Quoted from mariner chopper

McKeown would've been but he wanted to move to Minnesota and threw his dummy out when I wouldn't let him so sold him.

Doesn't sound very likely...
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, March 25, 2020, 12:17pm; Reply: 5
I'm not sure what's worse, that a thread exists discussing a computer game as if it's real or that I've read the whole thing and laughed at a couple of comments.........get me out of the house!!!!!!

;D
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 25, 2020, 1:27pm; Reply: 6
With a real 433 I've won games 8 or 9 nil over the years
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, March 25, 2020, 2:12pm; Reply: 7
With a Real 433 I've won games 8 or 9 nil over the years

Madrid or Sociedad?
Posted by: thefish, March 25, 2020, 5:11pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I'm still playing Championship Manager 2001/02. Kept Town in Division One with a comfortable 16th place finish. Signed Francis Duku (Gravesend & Northfleet) and David Bryan (Southend) to improve spine of team and am pushing for a play-off place in 2nd season. Added some goals with loan signings of Kevin Kyle (Sunderland) and Richard Sadlier (Millwall).

Pouton is a beast!

Do a Jolley and raid the Swedish leagues! Kim Kalstrom is a winner!

Also, for guaranteed goals get Maxim Tsigalko (or the infamous To Madeira)!!
Posted by: GollyGTFC, March 25, 2020, 6:12pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from thefish

Pouton is a beast!

Do a Jolley and raid the Swedish leagues! Kim Kalstrom is a winner!

Also, for guaranteed goals get Maxim Tsigalko (or the infamous To Madeira)!!

I play with the final official data update (3.9.68 ) which is basically season 2002/03. The infamous To Madeira is from the original game data.

I'm a member of an online community which has done some amazing things to update/improve the game using OllyDbg- I managed to crack competition scheduling so that for example the Fifa Club World Cup is played every season on the game rather than every 2 years as it was on the original game.

Kennedy Bakircioglu is a cracking Swedish player too. And South Korea is a good source of quality cheap players who can get a work permit.
Posted by: psgmariner, March 25, 2020, 8:59pm; Reply: 10
Kim Kallstrom and Kennedy Bakircioglu (sp?) that’s brought back memories...

Chris Hope (scunny) and Mark Kerr (falkirk) were immense as well.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 25, 2020, 9:25pm; Reply: 11
FM legend Cherno Samba's last ever appearance in professional football was at BP.

Another one of those same time tomorrow.
Posted by: thefish, March 26, 2020, 7:57pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from psgmariner
Kim Kallstrom and Kennedy Bakircioglu (sp?) that’s brought back memories...

Chris Hope (scunny) and Mark Kerr (falkirk) were immense as well.

When MIAB opens again, we need a Championship Manager 01/02 themed afternoon...

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 26, 2020, 8:48pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from thefish

When MIAB opens again, we need a Championship Manager 01/02 themed afternoon...

Will that include prices at 2001/2002 level?
Posted by: RichMariner, March 27, 2020, 1:21pm; Reply: 14
I see there's a March 2020 database for CM 01/02:

[url]https://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=394[/url]
Posted by: 139881 (Guest), March 29, 2020, 2:41pm; Reply: 15
Just bought Championship Manager 2007.... this will eat up many hours during this lockdown
Posted by: bigdavemariner, March 29, 2020, 9:07pm; Reply: 16
Victor leonenko but that might have been from an earlier game
Posted by: Abdul19, March 30, 2020, 8:55am; Reply: 17
Quoted from bigdavemariner
Victor leonenko but that might have been from an earlier game

96/97 IIRC, cracking player!
Posted by: chipsandgravy, April 1, 2020, 7:44pm; Reply: 18
Does anybody know that when you finish your free trial and pay do you automatically continue the game your currently playing and last saved?

Sorry but new to this but I have Town top of the league and 15pts clear!!
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, April 1, 2020, 10:40pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from chipsandgravy
Does anybody know that when you finish your free trial and pay do you automatically continue the game your currently playing and last saved?

Sorry but new to this but I have Town top of the league and 15pts clear!!

Yes, it will be a saved file and you'll just continue from that. If you do buy, don't forget to check a few cd key sites to save some cash on the Steam price.

Steam want £40 but you can get it for £19, maybe cheaper.
Posted by: chipsandgravy, April 2, 2020, 9:38am; Reply: 20
Quoted from Southwark Mariner

Yes, it will be a saved file and you'll just continue from that. If you do buy, don't forget to check a few cd key sites to save some cash on the Steam price.

Steam want £40 but you can get it for £19, maybe cheaper.

Thank you.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 2, 2020, 5:27pm; Reply: 21
Quite worried, my news feed just popped up with Ryan Gosling is talking to young boys  ??)
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 7:36am