GrimExile
March 1, 2020, 3:14pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
Northbank, I like to live dangerously!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 40
rancido
March 1, 2020, 4:02pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from GrimExile
I know I’ll get loads of red crosses, but bearing mind how our club is financially run, am I the only one who actually thinks that we are fortunate to have had John Fenty to keep us afloat? I am the first to agree the last 20 years has hardly been a golden era but at least we’re still here, fighting and we are also relatively financially secure. And with IH at the helm then maybe better things to come. I think the phrase “Be careful of what you wish for” springs to mind.

Up the Mariners.

A little known fact is that when JF took control of GTFC he found out that a lot of the administration staff were not getting paid on time, something he corrected immediately. I was informed of this by somebody who had connections with someone who was employed by the club at the time. I will not name names but this is a fact!!!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 40
jamesgtfc
March 1, 2020, 4:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from rancido

It is if the outcome is relegation especially if it results in non league football.

So instead of deducting points when the outcome won't be relegation, just relegate them.

Don't get me started on Bury going means one less relegation in the divisions. They should be promoting more teams, thus rewarding success.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 40
rancido
March 1, 2020, 4:32pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

So instead of deducting points when the outcome won't be relegation, just relegate them.

Don't get me started on Bury going means one less relegation in the divisions. They should be promoting more teams, thus rewarding success.

So instead of a points deduction, you  advocate automatic relegation?

"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 40
grimsby pete
March 1, 2020, 4:49pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,792
Gold Stars: 222
Ollie calls Fenty squeaky as in clean.

So even I have to thank him for not getting the club in debt in fact he paid off the debt that was there.

I don't have to thank him I want to.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
GrimExile
March 1, 2020, 4:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Rancido I did not know that and (to me at least!) that reinforces my original post. The way some people slate JF beggars belief. I know all things on the pitch haven’t been great for a long time but hell’s teeth at least we’ve got a club to support. IMHO if it wasn’t for JF we could well have at best gone into administration, and at worst gone out of existence. I think some of the Fenty bashers need to get in the real world.

Let the red crosses start!!! Up the Mariners..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
GrimExile
March 1, 2020, 4:52pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

So even I have to thank him for not getting the club in debt in fact he paid off the debt that was there.

Totally agree.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 40
Stadium
March 1, 2020, 4:53pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from GrimExile
Rancido I did not know that and (to me at least!) that reinforces my original post. The way some people slate JF beggars belief. I know all things on the pitch haven’t been great for a long time but hell’s teeth at least we’ve got a club to support. IMHO if it wasn’t for JF we could well have at best gone into administration, and at worst gone out of existence. I think some of the Fenty bashers need to get in the real world.

Let the red crosses start!!! Up the Mariners..

This should be interesting......

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 40
GrimExile
March 1, 2020, 4:54pm
Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from Stadium

This should be interesting......

I’ve got my crash helmet on!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 40
rancido
March 1, 2020, 4:58pm

Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

I think Ollie called JF "Squeaky" because he was so tight with his financial control of the club his "a*rse cheeks squeaked when he walked"! I'm sure that was the inference from his (Ollie) original statement.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Oldham

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.