Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, February 29, 2020, 9:00am
Radio Lancs reporting they are going into administration
Posted by: aldi_01, February 29, 2020, 9:12am; Reply: 1
Stevenage still way off the pace if Oldham have 10 points removed...
Posted by: Posh Harry, February 29, 2020, 9:22am; Reply: 2
Quoted from aldi_01

Yeah but it might galvanise them, especially with Slade in there as a consultant. Oh, hold on, scrap that. They are doomed! Doomed I tell thee 🙂
Posted by: jamesgtfc, February 29, 2020, 10:04am; Reply: 3
A points deduction isn't really a punishment though is it?
Posted by: sydney, February 29, 2020, 10:06am; Reply: 4
Shame as a proper football club
Posted by: rancido, February 29, 2020, 10:46am; Reply: 5
Quoted from jamesgtfc
A points deduction isn't really a punishment though is it?

It is if the outcome is relegation especially if it results in non league football.
Posted by: rancido, February 29, 2020, 10:48am; Reply: 6
Quoted from sydney
Shame as a proper football club

Curious statement! What constitutes a "proper football club"?
Posted by: aldi_01, February 29, 2020, 10:49am; Reply: 7
Proper, often confused with traditional me thinks...
Posted by: Abdul19, February 29, 2020, 10:54am; Reply: 8
Been downhill for them ever since plastic pitches were banned.
Posted by: Les Brechin, February 29, 2020, 11:03am; Reply: 9
Quoted from aldi_01

Didn't Bolton and Bury (before they were kicked out) have 12 points deducted this season. Maybe this is the new norm for going into admin now, rather than 10 points.
Posted by: Meza, February 29, 2020, 11:23am; Reply: 10
I read about a HMRC summons but nothing about going into admin, in fact the article on the bbc football website mentioned they are in the process of paying off the debt.  I've seen a few clubs get a winding up order then they say they are going to pay, then it gets adjourned and then they don't pay. Haven't Macclesfield still got 10pts to be deducted (6 pts for not playing 2nd fixture and the 4 pts suspended from last time).
Posted by: Stadium, March 1, 2020, 11:19am; Reply: 11
Had an hrmc order dismissed last year.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50746013

Backstory here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51501692
Posted by: GollyGTFC, March 1, 2020, 11:28am; Reply: 12
The writ is from the owner of Boundary Park over unpaid rent etc....
Posted by: GollyGTFC, March 1, 2020, 11:29am; Reply: 13
Also, Oldham have told players they won’t get paid on time again. Something Macclesfield got a points deduction for.

Oldham could end up losing 18 points.
Posted by: Meza, March 1, 2020, 2:17pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Also, Oldham have told players they won’t get paid on time again. Something Macclesfield got a points deduction for.

Oldham could end up losing 18 points.

I thought Macclesfields point deduction was non playing of fixture not helped by the players refuses to play due to non payment of wages.
Posted by: forza ivano, March 1, 2020, 2:28pm; Reply: 15
Local journal saying macc players haven't received their wages and no date given for when it will be paid
Posted by: Meza, March 1, 2020, 2:43pm; Reply: 16
its pretty clear clubs are spending beyond their means, surely a wage budget doesn't get touched and is put aside, then these issues wouldn't arise.
Posted by: GrimExile, March 1, 2020, 2:52pm; Reply: 17
I know I’ll get loads of red crosses, but bearing mind how our club is financially run, am I the only one who actually thinks that we are fortunate to have had John Fenty to keep us afloat? I am the first to agree the last 20 years has hardly been a golden era but at least we’re still here, fighting and we are also relatively financially secure. And with IH at the helm then maybe better things to come. I think the phrase “Be careful of what you wish for” springs to mind.

Up the Mariners.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, March 1, 2020, 3:01pm; Reply: 18
They smashed Newport 5-0.

Wasn’t the administration just a possibility mooted earlier last week?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, March 1, 2020, 3:02pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from GrimExile
I know I’ll get loads of red crosses, but bearing mind how our club is financially run, am I the only one who actually thinks that we are fortunate to have had John Fenty to keep us afloat? I am the first to agree the last 20 years has hardly been a golden era but at least we’re still here, fighting and we are also relatively financially secure. And with IH at the helm then maybe better things to come. I think the phrase “Be careful of what you wish for” springs to mind.

Up the Mariners.

Good god don't let Aldi read this, he'll have you hung, drawn and quartered before being fed to the wolves...god forbid you give Fenty this slightest bit of credit for anything he's ever done in his tenure!!...
I for one, absolutely agree with you grimexile..
Posted by: GrimExile, March 1, 2020, 3:14pm; Reply: 20
Northbank, I like to live dangerously!!!
Posted by: rancido, March 1, 2020, 4:02pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from GrimExile

Up the Mariners.

A little known fact is that when JF took control of GTFC he found out that a lot of the administration staff were not getting paid on time, something he corrected immediately. I was informed of this by somebody who had connections with someone who was employed by the club at the time. I will not name names but this is a fact!!!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 1, 2020, 4:17pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from rancido

It is if the outcome is relegation especially if it results in non league football.

So instead of deducting points when the outcome won't be relegation, just relegate them.

Don't get me started on Bury going means one less relegation in the divisions. They should be promoting more teams, thus rewarding success.
Posted by: rancido, March 1, 2020, 4:32pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from jamesgtfc

So instead of deducting points when the outcome won't be relegation, just relegate them.

Don't get me started on Bury going means one less relegation in the divisions. They should be promoting more teams, thus rewarding success.

So instead of a points deduction, you  advocate automatic relegation?
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 1, 2020, 4:49pm; Reply: 24
Ollie calls Fenty squeaky as in clean.

So even I have to thank him for not getting the club in debt in fact he paid off the debt that was there.

I don't have to thank him I want to. :)
Posted by: GrimExile, March 1, 2020, 4:51pm; Reply: 25
Rancido I did not know that and (to me at least!) that reinforces my original post. The way some people slate JF beggars belief. I know all things on the pitch haven’t been great for a long time but hell’s teeth at least we’ve got a club to support. IMHO if it wasn’t for JF we could well have at best gone into administration, and at worst gone out of existence. I think some of the Fenty bashers need to get in the real world.

Let the red crosses start!!! Up the Mariners..
Posted by: GrimExile, March 1, 2020, 4:52pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from grimsby pete

So even I have to thank him for not getting the club in debt in fact he paid off the debt that was there.

Totally agree.
Posted by: Stadium, March 1, 2020, 4:53pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from GrimExile
Rancido I did not know that and (to me at least!) that reinforces my original post. The way some people slate JF beggars belief. I know all things on the pitch haven’t been great for a long time but hell’s teeth at least we’ve got a club to support. IMHO if it wasn’t for JF we could well have at best gone into administration, and at worst gone out of existence. I think some of the Fenty bashers need to get in the real world.

Let the red crosses start!!! Up the Mariners..

This should be interesting......
Posted by: GrimExile, March 1, 2020, 4:54pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Stadium

This should be interesting......

I’ve got my crash helmet on!!!
Posted by: rancido, March 1, 2020, 4:58pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from grimsby pete

I think Ollie called JF "Squeaky" because he was so tight with his financial control of the club his "a*rse cheeks squeaked when he walked"! I'm sure that was the inference from his (Ollie) original statement.
Posted by: rancido, March 1, 2020, 5:00pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from GrimExile

I’ve got my crash helmet on!!!

Bring it on because I am 100% sure of my source. Sadly, as in the movie, "some people can't handle the truth".
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 1, 2020, 5:08pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from rancido

I think Ollie called JF "Squeaky" because he was so tight with his financial control of the club his "a*rse cheeks squeaked when he walked"! I'm sure that was the inference from his (Ollie) original statement.

If that was the case my theory also fits.

Some of these owners who don't pay the players on time or their bills are just corrupt. For all his faults Fenty is an honest John.
Posted by: rancido, March 1, 2020, 5:20pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from grimsby pete

If that was the case my theory also fits.

Some of these owners who don't pay the players on time or their bills are just corrupt. For all his faults Fenty is an honest John.

You can't say that! For the some on here he is the "Devil Incarnate", Beelzebub in an Amami suit,( or polo shirt in his billiard room.)
Posted by: GrimExile, March 1, 2020, 5:23pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from rancido

Bring it on because I am 100% sure of my source. Sadly, as in the movie, "some people can't handle the truth".

Agreed. I’ve now got a suit of armour on as well, just in case!!
Posted by: Ipswin, March 1, 2020, 5:52pm; Reply: 34
They smashed Newport 5-0.

Even we beat them Ron (only 4-2 tho')

Posted by: moosey_club, March 1, 2020, 6:21pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from grimsby pete

I thought he "paid" it by means of his still in place "benign" loans...effectively moving the debt from HMRC/whoever over to himself as opposed to clearing the debt completely.

Posted by: rancido, March 1, 2020, 6:38pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from moosey_club

I thought he "paid" it by means of his still in place "benign" loans...effectively moving the debt from HMRC/whoever over to himself as opposed to clearing the debt completely.

Exactly! The HMRC can be very uncompromising when it comes to paying their dues. At least JF is a more flexible answer and it is interest free unlike debts owed to HMRC.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 1, 2020, 7:22pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from rancido

So instead of a points deduction, you  advocate automatic relegation?

If a club can't pay their dues, they should be relegated. Only when the punishment is severe on a consistent basis will clubs start to cut their cloth accordingly.

If other private businesses get into the mess some football clubs get into, they would cease to trade. Why should a football club be any different?
Posted by: rancido, March 1, 2020, 7:35pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from jamesgtfc

If a club can't pay their dues, they should be relegated. Only when the punishment is severe on a consistent basis will clubs start to cut their cloth accordingly.

If other private businesses get into the mess some football clubs get into, they would cease to trade. Why should a football club be any different?

It's a good job then that JF stepped in when he did order written would be have been relegated to the non league's earlier android no benefactor to support the us!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, March 1, 2020, 10:12pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from rancido

It's a good job then that JF stepped in when he did order written would be have been relegated to the non league's earlier android no benefactor to support the us!

As a pillar of the local community, clubs that go into administration defraud their own community.

The below are the trade creditors Portsmouth owed and some of those numbers are eye watering. They also owed HMRC ÂŁ17.1m and were said to offer 20p in the ÂŁ1.

Trade creditors (ÂŁ4.37m)
Selected:

• Bognor Regis Football Club (£230)

• Canterbury Europe Ltd - former kit suppliers (£1.4m)

• Canterbury Europe Ltd sponsorship account (£590,000)

• Carol Moore Florist Ltd (£995)

• Carpet and General Cleaning Ltd (£792.66)

• Dairy Crest (£313.31)

• Dr Nigel Sellars (£15,000)

• Eastleigh Borough Council (£441)

• Emergency Response Services Ltd (£700)

• Heritage Leisure Designs (£93,199)

• Highbury Hawks Youth FC (£912)

• King Edward VI School (£41,714)

• Kitbag Ltd (£129,507)

• Model Display Cases (£594.95)

• Portsmouth City Council (£28,690.70)

• Portsmouth FC Supporters Club (£300)

• Priory Community Sports Centre (£11,000)

• Scout Association (£697)

• St John's Ambulance (£2,701.91)

• TWC Joinery and Shopfitting Ltd (£54,777.93)

• Vodafone Ltd (£5,748.40)
Posted by: Meza, March 2, 2020, 6:37am; Reply: 40
It's a shame they can't pay them now isn't it.  Bloody joke.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 2:30am