2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
hheh2
February 15, 2020, 11:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
"Been watching the Colchester v Grimsby game tonight, Anthony Glennon has been outstanding and looks a cut above that level. Can definitely see him challenging Pieters next season for reserve LB.

Benson has also played well, busy and a keenness to move the ball on quickly.

Holloway seems to be doing a good job!"

Taken from burley forum they seem delighted that their two lads are under the influence of Holloway and are doing so good. UTM

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
HertsGTFC
February 15, 2020, 11:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,555
Gold Stars: 217
They’d be f*****g awesome with another season out on loan to a league 2 club that’s moving forward.

In fact I know such an EFL club in Lincolnshire like that and they have an inspirational manager who knows how to treat players properly and creates an environment to help them grow.

BTW this “club in Lincolnshire” plays in black and white most weeks but I’m sure they’d consider a claret & blue change strip if something could be sorted ......... then they’d be one decent local team in those colours 😉

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 15
Rik e B
February 15, 2020, 11:55pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Why not? They do pink...

A bit Scunt-like though 🤔
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 15
Boris Johnson
February 16, 2020, 1:49am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
We will have them both for next season, they can go back around February after we have drunk the league by 30 points
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 15
Rodley Mariner
February 16, 2020, 7:59am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,211
Gold Stars: 176
I was looking at a Burnley forum laat night and a few were suggesting Glennon might be their 2nd choice left back last season which would scupper any plans we might have. Suspect Benson might be a bit further down the pecking order so maybe more realistic for a return.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 15
jamesgtfc
February 16, 2020, 6:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,806
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I was looking at a Burnley forum laat night and a few were suggesting Glennon might be their 2nd choice left back last season which would scupper any plans we might have. Suspect Benson might be a bit further down the pecking order so maybe more realistic for a return.

If it wasn't for Simeon Jackson I doubt Benson would be starting games.

They both need to be playing games and being around a first team environment to progress. Of the two, Benson is most likely to return.

Other clubs must look at our recent success with loans (Henderson, Embleton, Robson, Glennon, Benson) and want to send their best talent to us for game time, rather than years gone by when we seemed to get players that were surplus to requirements.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 15
thefish
February 16, 2020, 6:48pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from jamesgtfc

If it wasn't for Simeon Jackson I doubt Benson would be starting games.

They both need to be playing games and being around a first team environment to progress. Of the two, Benson is most likely to return.

Other clubs must look at our recent success with loans (Henderson, Embleton, Robson, Glennon, Benson) and want to send their best talent to us for game time, rather than years gone by when we seemed to get players that were surplus to requirements.

Do we deliberately look for players ending in ‘on’?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 15
buckstown
February 16, 2020, 8:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,111
Gold Stars: 77
I was also thinking about the recent loan players we've had and generally they've been very good. Glennon, Benson, Embleton, Robson, Gibson.
Point is, whose scouting and picking them? Assume it's Graham Rodger?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 15
lobsterpot
February 17, 2020, 5:18am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +18 / -2
Approval: +742
Gold Stars: 15
Quoted from buckstown
I was also thinking about the recent loan players we've had and generally they've been very good. Glennon, Benson, Embleton, Robson, Gibson.
Point is, whose scouting and picking them? Assume it's Graham Rodger?

I dont think its much to do with the scouts i just presume you could get anyone from that high a level and hes gonna look good in this stench of a league.

" YOU ALWAYS SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS, SCORE FROM OUR CORNERS........"

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 15
ex-merseymariner
February 17, 2020, 9:26am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,395
Gold Stars: 9
Boss; we need someone on loan

Rodger; we need someone '-on' loan? Ok.....

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 15
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clarets view on Ollies loanees

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.