Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Man City
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 361 Guests

The last message you viewed in this thread was reply number 28.

Man City

This thread currently has 5,530 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
RonMariner
February 14, 2020, 10:00pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,010
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from jock dock tower
Whatever the rights and wrongs of not including other clubs - yet - rotten money has been a stain on the modern game for far too long. It's about time something was done about it. Hopefully others will follow.

Not European I know but I also note that Sheffield Wednesday could also be in deep cack over the sale of their ground and leasing back arrangement to get around the Financial Fair Play ruling

I think Derby are under investigation for something similar.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 42
coddy60
February 14, 2020, 10:18pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +652
Gold Stars: 13
Just wondering how they fall foul of UEFA rules but not the FAs,  I.e , why aren't they getting points deductions or relegation from their own governing body, for basically cheating like intercourse?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 42
KingstonMariner
February 14, 2020, 10:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from RonMariner

Their fans perhaps?

Yeah. Most of them.

Don’t think I’ll be feeling sorry for them.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 42
ginnywings
February 14, 2020, 10:39pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Couldn't give less of a sh1t.  Fook 'em.

Money is the root of all evil and i hope they all go t1ts up in their pursuit of the filthy lucre. Give me GTFC and League 2 any day of the week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 42
LH
February 14, 2020, 10:48pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
Quoted from coddy60
Just wondering how they fall foul of UEFA rules but not the FAs,  I.e , why aren't they getting points deductions or relegation from their own governing body, for basically cheating like intercourse?

This. If a 100m gold medalist at the Olympics is found to have been doping then the silver medallist is upgraded to gold etc etc. The FA or PL would never have the balderdash to do that to the current champions - because it would more than likely open a huge can of worms for the rest of the PL.

That said we’d probably find ourselves in the Championship so we should start campaigning for it.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 42
ginnywings
February 14, 2020, 10:52pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from coddy60

Can't devalue the product.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 42
aldi_01
February 14, 2020, 11:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
One might argue the anti English attitudes of UEFA, or the fact that for whatever reason they seem to favour the big Spanish two.

I don’t see this as uefa growing a pair as they should’ve just done them all at once. Real were in a similar situation a few years ago and intercourse all happened.

I suspect the reason the FA can’t step in from a domestic point of view is because they don’t have much control over leagues and how they choose to impose their rules etc.

We can argue until we’re blue in the face about teams circumventing rules etc but the only people to blame are the rule makers for allowing them to be passed knowing they’d be circumvented and manipulated to benefit clubs with less scruples than others.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 42
KingstonMariner
February 14, 2020, 11:12pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
One might argue the anti English attitudes of UEFA, or the fact that for whatever reason they seem to favour the big Spanish two.

I don’t see this as uefa growing a pair as they should’ve just done them all at once. Real were in a similar situation a few years ago and intercourse all happened.

I suspect the reason the FA can’t step in from a domestic point of view is because they don’t have much control over leagues and how they choose to impose their rules etc.

We can argue until we’re blue in the face about teams circumventing rules etc but the only people to blame are the rule makers for allowing them to be passed knowing they’d be circumvented and manipulated to benefit clubs with less scruples than others.

You mean murder is the fault of God for putting ‘Thou shalt not kill’ in the Commandments and not the fault of the murderers?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 42
KingstonMariner
February 14, 2020, 11:13pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings

Can't devalue the product.

....any more than it is

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 42
Maringer
February 14, 2020, 11:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
The two big Spanish clubs aren't owned by money-chasing fatcats, oligarchs or other dodgy foreign billionaires. They are both owned by their members. A rather different situation to that of Citeh or various other clubs such as Chelski. Not to say they haven't broken or at least bent the rules in the past (Barcelona were punished for hoovering up too many youngsters, I seem to think?), but the situation is a little different. Or, at least, I have more sympathy with them.

The rugger buggers have shown the way things should be done by booting our Saracens, the most predominant of English clubs in recent years. Can't imagine the F.A. relegating any of the big clubs for financial misdeeds.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 42
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Man City

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.