Son of Cod
February 5, 2020, 1:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Abdul19
(Not that) interestingly, when McCall's first managerial spell there ended, their next game was in February against us at Valley Parade.

(A classic Neil Woods solid away 0-0)

Quoted from arryarryarry

I remember the game unfortunately, bloody cold day and a crap match from both sides.

One of the most boring games of football I have ever had the misfortune of spending money on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 53
Posh Harry
February 5, 2020, 3:57pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,371
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from Son of Cod

One of the most boring games of football I have ever had the misfortune of spending money on.

At least there was the walk back passed a few depressing looking streets and a number of retail parks back to the train station.

That was better than the game which was a shocker!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 53
The_Laughing_Mariner
February 5, 2020, 4:18pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,044
Gold Stars: 10
Paul Hurst

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 53
bedders78
February 6, 2020, 12:36pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +839
Gold Stars: 12
Anyone else still waiting for tickets through the post from general sale? I normally pick up from BP, so don't know how fine they cut it

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 53
Son of Cod
February 6, 2020, 1:22pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from bedders78
Anyone else still waiting for tickets through the post from general sale? I normally pick up from BP, so don't know how fine they cut it

When did you order them? They usually come a few days after ordering whenever I've bought postal ones. Worth you ringing the ticket office today, because tomorrow is probably too late to sort out any problems if there's been a mix up. Did you get an e-mail confirmation too?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 53
gtfckyle
February 6, 2020, 1:46pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +25
They say on thr phone they won't replace the tickets if lost in the post buy worth getting in touch with them.

I don't suppose anyone is coming along that has a spare I can buy on the day? (Ideally in the Dallas stand)

I can now make it and don't fancy paying 6 quid for special delivery!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 53
bedders78
February 6, 2020, 2:03pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Son of Cod

When did you order them? They usually come a few days after ordering whenever I've bought postal ones. Worth you ringing the ticket office today, because tomorrow is probably too late to sort out any problems if there's been a mix up. Did you get an e-mail confirmation too?

Will do, didn't want to hassle them if it was normal. Money went out of my account last Friday, placed the order the first day of general sale as we needed 5 rather than the usual 4.

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 53
norfuk mariner
February 6, 2020, 4:15pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +200
Gold Stars: 2
Paid £2 for First Class signed for delivery for Colchester tickets and they arrived next day,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 53
bedders78
February 6, 2020, 4:52pm
Snakebite drinker
Turns out a Royal Mail ninja tried to deliver on the 31st, but was too stealthy to even leave a card

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 53
queenybantam07
February 6, 2020, 7:22pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +84
Well, this will be an interesting one. Prior to Bowyer being given his marching orders, I was debating whether to even attend this.

With McCall back, it’s created a bit of a much needed buzz around the place. Having been in the play-offs virtually all season, we have dropped out of the top seven having witnessed anti-football for the best part of 2-3 months - how we’re still in with a shout of promotion, just goes to show how poor this league really is. Our average  league standing is mainly due to our home form - which was the best in the league only 2 home games ago - losing twice at home all season. However, the manner in which we were losing/performing away was really beginning to take its tole.

We’ve off-loaded some bad apples in the Jan window, and brought in reasonable replacements.

GK: Richard O’Donnell

RB: Adam Henley
CB: Anthony O’connor
CB: Ben Richards-Everton
LB: Connor Wood

RW: Zeli Ismael/Dylan Connolly
CM: Jake Reeves
CM: Hope Akpan
LW: Jamie Devitt/Glenn Middleton

ST: Lee Novak
ST: Clayton Donaldson

The atmosphere should be decent. Crowd somewhere between 18,000-20,000.

I just hope for a decent performance, but a draw wouldn’t be a bad result.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bradford

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.