11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
marinerdazza
February 3, 2020, 12:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,848
Gold Stars: 82
Good to hear. And remember, where there's blame, there's a claim...  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 103
nickmariners
February 3, 2020, 12:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +513
Gold Stars: 4
I was also hit by the car on Lestrange Street along with barralad, unfortunately.

I've been discharged from hospital with only heavy bruising, swelling and shock.

Ian took a hell of a knock. I feared he was a goner. Very frightening all round.

I just wanted to thank all the Town fans, locals and passersby who rushed to our aid, and who stayed with us until the ambulances took us away -- their compassion and common-sense were amazing. I couldn't see what was happening with barralad after the impact, since I was flat out on the road, and he had been launched several feet away, but I do know that many people rushed around him.  The medics were terrific too.

Special heartfelt thanks to the two passing Town fans who stayed with me throughout - strangers to me, who were incredibly kind: Tony Steele and Hayley Kerrigan. Bless you both, and all those others whose names I didn't get (I was well out of it), and who attended to Barralad at the same time.

Barralad is being very brave. His situation is not great, but it could have been much worse.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 103
wuffing
February 3, 2020, 12:29pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +835
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from marinerdazza
Good to hear. And remember, where there's blame, there's a claim...  

..and you could invest £5 million of your compo into the new Freemo stadium...

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 103
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
February 3, 2020, 12:39pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from nickmariners
I was also hit by the car on Lestrange Street along with barralad, unfortunately.

I've been discharged from hospital with only heavy bruising, swelling and shock.

Ian took a hell of a knock. I feared he was a goner. Very frightening all round.

I just wanted to thank all the Town fans, locals and passersby who rushed to our aid, and who stayed with us until the ambulances took us away -- their compassion and common-sense were amazing. I couldn't see what was happening with barralad after the impact, since I was flat out on the road, and he had been launched several feet away, but I do know that many people rushed around him.  The medics were terrific too.

Special heartfelt thanks to the two passing Town fans who stayed with me throughout - strangers to me, who were incredibly kind: Tony Steele and Hayley Kerrigan. Bless you both, and all those others whose names I didn't get (I was well out of it), and who attended to Barralad at the same time.

Barralad is being very brave. His situation is not great, but it could have been much worse.

That must have been a terrible situation for you to be injured and also having to see Barra suffering. Good that these situations often bring out the best in people and you were helped by those at the scene.

Best wishes to you and to Barra for a full recovery no matter how long it takes. There’s no rush, the stadium isn’t ready yet!

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 103
MarinerDevil
February 3, 2020, 12:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,739
Gold Stars: 80
Best wishes and speedy recovery to you both
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 103
marinerdazza
February 3, 2020, 12:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,848
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from nickmariners

Bloody hell. I hope this is being investigated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 103
Croxton
February 3, 2020, 12:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
A very moving post Nickmariner. Good luck to you both.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 103
The_Laughing_Mariner
February 3, 2020, 12:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Gold Stars: 10
Pleased to hear that there will be no long term damage.
Get well soon

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 103
Northbank Mariner
February 3, 2020, 1:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
All caused by someone's impatience!!..
Hope you both make a full and healthy recovery and are both back in the park sooner rather than later..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 103
FishOutOfWater
February 3, 2020, 1:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from tintowner
Not sure if many know... Barra (Ian) was one of the two Town fans involved in a collision with a car at the end of the game yesterday.

He is currently in hospital and  hurting....... (Mr Holloway to pay him a visit maybe).

Anyway.... here's to a speedy recovery mate... UTM

I saw something on Twitter last night about this... only brief details though. I didn't realise how serious it had been

Hopefully Barralad, you'll soon be back on your feet and back to BP to witness our promotion push!  

Get well soon!  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 69 - 103
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Barralad

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.