grimps
January 18, 2020, 5:04pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 46
Unlucky there today against one of the teams that’ll get promoted  , we was worth at least a point .
4 new players out on the pitch today and one that just back from a long time out injured .
Hopefully we’ll soon get to know our best team and get them settled for the rest of the season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 70
Stockport Mariner
January 18, 2020, 5:05pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 8
Can’t quite understand subbing Max Wright off after only 57 minutes. He was playing quite well and Tilley by comparison was totally ineffectual. I was quite impressed with Clarke though, looks as if he will be a decent signing, good control and linked up well. Should’ve scored from 6 yards out but it was great save from the keeper. All in all a decent performance against one of the top sides and we definitely deserved something from the game. We are creating chances again, just need to start taking them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 70
grimsby pete
January 18, 2020, 5:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Good showing of support for Ollie with over 6,000 there.

Let's hope they keep coming as Ollie will improve us slowly but surely.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 70
Madeleymariner
January 18, 2020, 5:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
Problem we now have is an awful pitch to try playing a passing game, sub moves were poor, didn,t deserve to lose but we desperately need a goalscorer because their keeper did not make a save you wouldn't expect him to despite 2 or 3 easy chances. I await the red x for not being manically positive  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 70
sonofmadeleymariner
January 18, 2020, 5:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
Always happens when we draw in a big crowd doesn't it. Played well first half thought we had a good first half but the second was very flat and we were punished when we madea  mistake. Subs didn't work and we still need a striker who knows where the net is and someone to be creative and make things happen, hopefully some of the new plays can fill these rolls.

Never seen BPs pitch look so bad. The work they did in the summer clearly didn't work or is it the penny pinching restricting what the grounds staff can do with it?

Onwards and upwards UTM

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 70
barralad
January 18, 2020, 5:31pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,268
Gold Stars: 121
Always happens when we draw in a big crowd doesn't it. Played well first half thought we had a good first half but the second was very flat and we were punished when we madea  mistake. Subs didn't work and we still need a striker who knows where the net is and someone to be creative and make things happen, hopefully some of the new plays can fill these rolls.

Never seen BPs pitch look so bad. The work they did in the summer clearly didn't work or is it the penny pinching restricting what the grounds staff can do with it?

Onwards and upwards UTM

I have a bit more faith in our fans than you do! Anyone who witnessed that performance will surely want to come back. We lost because they took advantage of Clifton's error. Luck or lack of it simply has to have played a part if none of those chances end up in the net.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 70
sonofmadeleymariner
January 18, 2020, 5:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from barralad

I have a bit more faith in our fans than you do! Anyone who witnessed that performance will surely want to come back. We lost because they took advantage of Clifton's error. Luck or lack of it simply has to have played a part if none of those chances end up in the net.

I'm not saying it will have a negative affect on the crowds its just we always seem to lose whenever we run these sorts of promotions to beef up the crowd and get people interested again, it happened loads during the dark days we were in the conference. It's almost like some sort of curse is activated whenever the crowd goes above 6000

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 70
StaffsMariner
January 18, 2020, 6:41pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 6
A lot of those games we just didnt turn up. Today we deserved a point. The team DID turn up
Things are definately on the up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 70
HertsGTFC
January 18, 2020, 10:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227

Onwards and upwards UTM

But apart from that everything is ok then?😉

The pitch is usually the same for both sides, remember where the club was 6 weeks ago.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 70
KingstonMariner
January 18, 2020, 11:11pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Problem we now have is an awful pitch to try playing a passing game, sub moves were poor, didn,t deserve to lose but we desperately need a goalscorer because their keeper did not make a save you wouldn't expect him to despite 2 or 3 easy chances. I await the red x for not being manically positive  

Clearly you need a period in a re-education camp, you running dog Imperialist lackey!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Exeter Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.